Want to report a bug ? First check the READ BEFORE YOU POST sticky

Incomplete defense queue

Playername: Thor
Universe: Reloaded

Description of the bug.
I am creating a defense on a moon.
Queued a large number of items in there...
However i am missing a ton of defense i put in there...

I tested it..
All defense is visible from the oldest up to 58 rows in the table..
I if put in something new, the new item is being placed on the bottom row..
All other stuff is not visible, i noticed the total time building is still increasing, so my hope are good its only a visible issue
otherwise i have lost a lot of resources.

For now i think the table is limited to a maximum of 58 rows only...
If this is the case i suggest you put a description in the last line
for example..

more queued...

Re: Incomplete defense queue

I cannot verify specifically but I can imagine that there can be an issue there as the design probably has never guessed such usage. 58 elements do sound like an awful lot. Perhaps we should put a limit to around 20 to avoid an error there.

Before anything proceeds, I would be interested in your findings. I have not yet checked the codebase.

The queue is now 70 days, so it will take some time before i can update you on this matter.
As i told before, i think its only a visual issue. Because the build timer is increasing if i put some new in the queue
and decrease with every day.
I stopped adding to the queue because i do not want my resources to disappear if something is wrong.

Putting a limit in there will reduce functionality so i would not recommend it, if its not needed.
Another solution could be adding an other digit to the building limit.
If i want to building 100.000 light lasers now it requires me to build a batch of
20 times 5000 light lasers because the max is set to 5000 for some reason.

I will reproduce the issue on another moon, building 58 time 1 plasma canon and after it something else in order to see what will happen then..

I will update you on this matter with results appear..

Kind regards,
Thor.

I think I found your colony. No need to send coordinates.
It seems that you are NEAR limit but not beyond limit. There IS a limit. The question still pending is whether or not the game will stop you before exceeding it. I am not sure but this is something we will investigate and fix if needed.

Regarding the limit per construction at 5000, this used to be 1000. We ended up to 5000 after some discussion. It purely exists to slow down construction as many units end up to be constructed at 0 seconds which is illogical.

No one wants 1second as minimum time required for anything to be built, so the cap seems like a reasonable way to make it logical.

Alternatively, perhaps it would be best to allow unlimited orders but allow build of no more than X pieces per second. For example 1000/second (aka 30000 units per minute).

Back to your case, I can see there are 55 orders now. Most probably, at 58 you reached the limit on your order. There is no limit per order. f we wanted to speak on orders limit, then this is a number between 56 and 85. To be always safe, you should keep orders at max 56.

Soon we will analyze the code and see if we have already covered this with an error catch or not.

At all cases, until this clears out, do not put more than 55 orders to ensure you won't risk anything.

Thanks, hope ion canons will still be build...
Discussed the matter with a guy from the extreme and he says there the issue is non existent.
I will keep it in mind, the queue is reduce now to 54..
Missing still a lot but i will get over it, no problem.

I think you should fix it and make the endless queue for reloaded.
Because i wanted to queue a year of defense (lol)

I do sponsor zorg one time a year by buying some rubies, and bring it to attention to my friends.
So one good deed deserves another...

We help each other right..
You can spare a little memory for a crazy viking (har har har)

Have fun and keep the development guys busy or they will get lazy ;-)