Want to report a bug ? First check the READ BEFORE YOU POST sticky

ACS defending deleted planets

Hesitant to post this in the forums, but as multiple players are now exploiting it this issue needs immediate addressing.

Currently, it is possible to colonize a planet, set your ships on ACS defend with hold time, and then delete the planet. The ships will stay defending the deleted planet until the ships are recalled. However, if someone else tries to attack the deleted planet, they will get an error message saying there is no planet there. Effectively, this allows players to avoid having to fleetsave, as they can ACS a colony from a large moon, delete the colony, and then recall whenever they wish, and no one can crash their ships in the interim.

This could be easily fixed by either a) allowing recently deleted planets (in the destruction phase) to be attacked or b) sending ships on ACS defend with hold time back immediately when the planet they are defending is deleted. Either option would solve the problem.

This bug applies to all servers as far as I know, but I am referencing Reloaded.

Re: ACS defending deleted planets

C) would work fine too, except that you could keep a player from deleting their planets by ACS-defending them (which seems bad). The planet still “exists” somewhere within the 24-hour destruction phase (you can even see it in galaxy view) so I’m not sure why a) would be so difficult to implement, and seems like an ideal solution that would not negatively impact other aspects of gameplay if it is somehow possible.

Zorg wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:46 pm
From what I get, the ACS Defending fleet, remains there after the 24hours pass, correct?
I am not sure. I just know the fleet can remain for at least the 24-hour destruction period, but if the planet is attacked during that same period, the attacking fleet “returns in shame” and makes no contact with the planet or the defending fleet. As long as one could attack a planet during the 24-hour destruction period and come into contact with the defending fleet, this would be sufficient to solve the problem (there’s no need to extend it past that that I can think of).

It seems unclear as to whether the 24 hour period is actually longer than it says. If it is not, then defending a world that's then deleted seems fine. The planet is destroyed, the orbit of the ships defending, all their shields up to protect themselves from such a catastrophic occurrence, then after the period for defending has past, they then return. Never to return to a world that no longer exists. If this is the way it works, then I can see no problem. In fact, it seems like a bloody good tactic.

MIGHTY-OZ wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:02 am
It seems unclear as to whether the 24 hour period is actually longer than it says. If it is not, then defending a world that's then deleted seems fine. The planet is destroyed, the orbit of the ships defending, all their shields up to protect themselves from such a catastrophic occurrence, then after the period for defending has past, they then return. Never to return to a world that no longer exists. If this is the way it works, then I can see no problem. In fact, it seems like a bloody good tactic.
The point is, the ships remain on defend with hold, but yet no one can attack. They can be recalled whenever one wishes, so fleetsave is not required. If there is no way to attack such ships, then we’re both making a mockery of fleetsave, and also doing something that it seems like shouldn’t be possible.

I don’t have problem with anyone doing this in and of itself, just so long as they can be attacked at least during the 24-hour destruction period and are not guaranteed safety. The point is, as it stands, this is impossible, when it shouldn’t be (if the defending ships are just sitting there defending with hold and an attack is launched, of course the attacking fleet should make contact in a battle and not just “return in shame”)

What is the maximum amount of time they can hold there?

If you were to imagine this game to be a Sci Fi novel, that you are actually immersed in, then you could imagine that an author could write something like this in to it. They are defending a world that' s then destroyed. They set their shields to full for protection and then hide in the confusing mess that appears after a world is destroyed. It's a finite amount of time unless there really is a glitch in the game. Once recalled or the amount of specified time has elapsed, back come the ships. Unless that world slot is then colonised again, then is it a big problem? I don't think so.

It seems to me that it's a great little bit of the game that, if there really isn't a problem with fleets being sat indefinitely, then it may have been a good suggestion to add something like this IN to the game.

You seem to be a fairly proficient player, is it not just yet another good thing for lesser players to be able to do to safeguard their fleets for just a little longer? It doesn't really affect the dynamics of the game to any great degree, in fact, it makes fleet hunting more interesting, fun.

MIGHTY-OZ wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:15 pm
What is the maximum amount of time they can hold there?

If you were to imagine this game to be a Sci Fi novel, that you are actually immersed in, then you could imagine that an author could write something like this in to it. They are defending a world that' s then destroyed. They set their shields to full for protection and then hide in the confusing mess that appears after a world is destroyed. It's a finite amount of time unless there really is a glitch in the game. Once recalled or the amount of specified time has elapsed, back come the ships. Unless that world slot is then colonised again, then is it a big problem? I don't think so.

It seems to me that it's a great little bit of the game that, if there really isn't a problem with fleets being sat indefinitely, then it may have been a good suggestion to add something like this IN to the game.

You seem to be a fairly proficient player, is it not just yet another good thing for lesser players to be able to do to safeguard their fleets for just a little longer? It doesn't really affect the dynamics of the game to any great degree, in fact, it makes fleet hunting more interesting, fun.
No one has to actually fleetsave or plan their online times if this exists. They can set on hold, delete the colony, and recall whenever they come back online the next day or whenever. Furthermore, it has no benefit to new players, as truly new players won’t know enough to exploit this and even if they did they wouldn’t have a moon large enough to safely launch from.

If it’s possible to ACS defend with hold time residual planet rememenants, you need the opposite side of the coin, and there must be some way for the attacker to attack them as well. There is no balance or logic to how this is possible otherwise.

It’s a bug, plain and simple. That shouldn’t be in dispute. It needs fixing, especially now that so many players are exploiting it. I’m not sure why you are so vehemently defending it.

If you were perhaps a bit more clear with your description of this alleged bug, then perhaps it just might not be open to discussion. Clarity is the key whenever you suggest that there is a "bug".

Again, perhaps you should read what I've said again, it is very clear. So, no need to get so defensive.

What I've actually said, is my opinion of the situation. Please don't look down on all new players as being stupid. Some do pick this game up very quickly and to suggest they would not know how to do this is perhaps smacking at calling them stupid.

Do you really, honestly think that it would be the norm for someone to go to the trouble of building a colony ship, sending it off to colonise a slot just so that they can do this? lol.

Also, I tried to clarify, how long can they hold there. Hence my first line of the passage that you quoted from me. So again, here it is "What is the maximum amount of time they can hold there?"

In my post prior to this, again I stated "It seems unclear as to whether the 24 hour period is actually longer than it says. If it is not, then defending a world that's then deleted seems fine."

So, I was, as you can see trying to clarify your point.

I think that this so called bug is a great idea, again, something that could have been suggested as an add on to the game as a whole before you brought forward. So, thank you for letting us know. If indeed it turns out to be a flaw and a mistake, then once rectified it can be added as a game suggestion.
In the meantime, could you perhaps clarify your statement "I am not sure. I just know the fleet can remain for at least the 24-hour destruction period".

If there is not a overlong period of time, more than the 24 hours max for a fleet to "hang" there, then it's a great plus for the game as it is.