Want to report a bug ? First check the READ BEFORE YOU POST sticky

Probes

I know that I have used this a few times and thought it was fishy. Not you fishpond! If you are in galaxy mode and you send out probes to people in galaxy 1 and you are in galaxy 9, you can do that. But if you actually know the planet and go into fleet and try to send it from 9 to 1. It will tell you, you have insufficient deuterium to make that journey down there. I tried to look up old bugs but didn't see anything about this.

Re: Probes

Yes, I confirmed that.

I chose a planet in Gal 1 and went to Galaxy view and chose a planet in Gal 9. Was able to send probes...

I went into Fleet screen and chose my probes and selected the same coordinates in Gal 9, but was unable to send the probes, even if I lowered the speed to 10%...
'Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No lamb for the lazy wolf.
No battle's won in bed.'

The Havermal (Viking Book of Wisdom)

with the 100% speed a probe has a flight radius of 2 galaxy max. this bug has been addressed before twice already, once by me and once before me. if u change the speed the probe radius increases but its speed slows as well.

i believe if from a planet in g9 u want to probe to a galaxy view that is beyond 2 galactic hope the probe speed should automatically adjusted, rather blocking the probing. say if u want to probe g6 from g9 then the probe speed should go less than 60% to match the fuel and distance.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

I personally never considered this a bug. Because, by going thruogh the galaxy view. You are just giving the command to spy a certain location, and the system is figuring everything out to obey your command. Which is the purpose of the icon. From the fleet screen, you need to tell the system all of this information. Probes do not hold enough cargo to be able to go from g1 to g9 at 100%, but they do at 10%. The system recognizes that in the galaxy view. But in fleet view, we need to tell the system that.
[Showing no mercy!

i beg to differ in this. Even with 10% an esp probe cannot travel across 8 galaxy (g1-g9). the millage is just not enough. max it can do is g7. so for covering the entire galaxy u need a planet from between g3-g7 at least if you want to keep to the fuel capacity. and one more thing, from galaxy view the probes are always sent at top speed that is at 100% and with that a probe only has a distance coverage is 2 galaxy max.

so u see if that to remain steady with what u are saying, a player has to have colonies on g3 then g7 must to cover the entire galaxy to spy around with probes at 100% speed.

this really is a big feature for game play. players are given the liberty of getting clusters in only one system or galaxy and cover the entire galaxy. you can try it urself and verify what i am saying here. on another thread earlier last november i addressed this issue. its still an open bug.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

ok, I just attempted it. From g9 I probed a colony in g1. Using 8 probes it consumed 40 in deut. it went at 100% and took 46 seconds, but I was successfully able to do so. Then I went to fleet menu and tried to probe the same colony with the same amount of probes. At 100% speed, the mission would consume 147 in deut, costing 107 more than what the probes could carry. At 10% speed the mission would take 7 minutes and 23 seconds, however the cost was 45 in deut. Since the probes can only carry 40 in deut, that mission is impossible!
[Showing no mercy!