Want to report a bug ? First check the READ BEFORE YOU POST sticky

Re: Probes

Can anyone confirm if this is still an issue ?

Most probably it must be fixed indirectly as we implemented another fix that most probably also affects this. A quick reply from someone on a prominent position would help to get the right flag for this one.

In Standard:

I cannot probe more than one galaxy away from probe launch point in fleet screen (deuterium cost exceeds capacity)

Yet, I can probe any planet from any galaxy in galaxy view EXCEPT:

I cannot send probe to "Outer Space" from galaxy view (because this takes you back to a fleet screen, presumably)

From fleet screen, I can probe further by lowering speed (so, I can launch from galaxy 8 to galaxy 2 at 10% speed). From galaxy view, I can launch anywhere (except "outer space") at 100% speed

In short - Confirmed. Still an issue.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.

SPY wrote:with the 100% speed a probe has a flight radius of 2 galaxy max. this bug has been addressed before twice already, once by me and once before me. if u change the speed the probe radius increases but its speed slows as well.

i believe if from a planet in g9 u want to probe to a galaxy view that is beyond 2 galactic hope the probe speed should automatically adjusted, rather blocking the probing. say if u want to probe g6 from g9 then the probe speed should go less than 60% to match the fuel and distance.

Correct, what players dnt notice is that you need to change the speed to send it. This is to do with the Deut consumption it can carry to what it costs to send it.

This is not a bug at all, players are just not noticing that they need to change the speed.
Last edited by Walshy on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ok i really dont know how not to flame you on this one. when you find something in your favor you would put really weird logics to make a point...

how the hell is it not a bug?

one hand you agree that from fleet menu it says that you cannot probe a coordinate... but you have absolutely no problem if galaxy view lets you do it cause you find it a nice work around? i mean talk about double standard and u got like two polar on this one.

you either say both are wrong or both are correct not just say hey fleet menu lets you not do it so its correct ... galaxy view lets you do it so its correct as well. please try to see why it is important that both the menu should work the same way not have two different standards.

no matter what galaxy view should always reciprocate what the features of the fleet menu. if it is not following the fleet menu restrictions then it is a B-U-G... not a game F-E-A-T-U-R-E

and can someone please confirm what zorg asked?
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

SPY wrote:ok i really dont know how not to flame you on this one. when you find something in your favor you would put really weird logics to make a point...

how the hell is it not a bug?

one hand you agree that from fleet menu it says that you cannot probe a coordinate... but you have absolutely no problem if galaxy view lets you do it cause you find it a nice work around? i mean talk about double standard and u got like two polar on this one.

you either say both are wrong or both are correct not just say hey fleet menu lets you not do it so its correct ... galaxy view lets you do it so its correct as well. please try to see why it is important that both the menu should work the same way not have two different standards.

no matter what galaxy view should always reciprocate what the features of the fleet menu. if it is not following the fleet menu restrictions then it is a B-U-G... not a game F-E-A-T-U-R-E

and can someone please confirm what zorg asked?
Hey spy,

When you actually send it from a galaxy view i am sure it automatically re corrects the speed that it sends in fact im sure it does.

This is why it takes alot longer than normal.

I just presumed that the probe automatically corrected its speed when you did it from a galaxy view whereas you have to do it manually when doing it from the fleet screen

I never have a problem sending a probe from a fleet screen ever, i Just change the deut consumption so it doesnt say -999 (red) and it shows a positive number 999 (green)

i will believe that you honestly tried to find the problem when you actually tell me that you were unable to probe a G9 galaxy from G8. max you can do is from G1 to G8 by fleet menu.

as far as my knowledge and current status i was aware of to be able to probe from G1 to G9 it is not possible by fleet menu. If that has changed after zorg's post its all good.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

SPY wrote:i will believe that you honestly tried to find the problem when you actually tell me that you were unable to probe a G9 galaxy from G8. max you can do is from G1 to G8 by fleet menu.

as far as my knowledge and current status i was aware of to be able to probe from G1 to G9 it is not possible by fleet menu. If that has changed after zorg's post its all good.
Ok yes i have just seen the issue.

No its not fixed.