Re: 1-10% option for Fleet movement

lowfatspread wrote:i believe the OP was saying he'd accept an ability to have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,20,30,40,... if fully control was not possible..

i still don't see what the problem with fine tuning is... in fact the position for "blind" lanx's is probably improved as you are more likely to get people clustering there "return" times around "predictable" time slots, with improved control... anyway don't you face this problem presently with any serious attempts to frustrate a "lanx" attack utilising an ACS "fractional" attack which wont be a standard 10% increment....?
with 10 options it is hard to blind lanx explain to me how is it easier or improved with even more break downs?
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

This is like 30~90 minutes for us to code and implement across all universes (putting precision to perhaps 1%, so 46% for example is possible). Development time is not an issue.

If the playerbase heavily agrees, we can have this tomorrow.

If I remember well, the reason this was stuck before, was that it could become fairly easy to do certain things. However, if the current system ends up in frustrating gameplay, it has to change no matter how easy some things will become.

Zorg wrote:If I remember well, the reason this was stuck before, was that it could become fairly easy to do certain things. However, if the current system ends up in frustrating gameplay, it has to change no matter how easy some things will become.
The current system can surely be frustrating when it comes to real life. For new and old players alike. New players who don't have as much time committed have an easier time walking away, but older players have left to pursue their real lives as well. This may or may not help to retain a larger playerbase, I honestly don't know. But I think it is a step in the right direction.

That being said, you have stated in the past that Massacre is the developers "playground". Maybe just implement it there to start and see how much it impacts gameplay. If it is for the better, move it to other servers. If it is for the worse, scrap the whole idea. With the short amount of development time, it seems like it is worth the experiment.

can someone post the amount AND the last time a 'true' blind lanx was actually performed? i know SoC did it once but blind lanx in my opinion would not be real reason to stop this from happening.

and as johnny already stated it should have a more positive impact on people actually having a chance to enjoy the funnier side of the game.

real life can still get in the way on the returns.

make it happen imo ;)

I heavily don't favor the idea.
Large percentage of hits come when people can't wake up when they are supposed to. Again, this is either a pro or a con depending on perspective.

If a player quits just because his fleet got crashed... would you think he is a good player when he does quit and would it be better if he would have stayed?

Half blind lanx mostly come from tips and one of the members almost always want to be anonymous. Blind lanx is very rare and really hard to pull off. That's what makes it one of the most awesome thing in the entire universe. :P So never brush it off and say it's not worth it. ;)

Will a day come in ZE where we would hold hands and sing kumbaya instead of crashing fleets?
And... nevermind. Just mullings of a tired old dog.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

neoshagrath wrote:I heavily don't favor the idea.
Large percentage of hits come when people can't wake up when they are supposed to. Again, this is either a pro or a con depending on perspective.

If a player quits just because his fleet got crashed... would you think he is a good player when he does quit and would it be better if he would have stayed?

Half blind lanx mostly come from tips and one of the members almost always want to be anonymous. Blind lanx is very rare and really hard to pull off. That's what makes it one of the most awesome thing in the entire universe. :P So never brush it off and say it's not worth it. ;)

Will a day come in ZE where we would hold hands and sing kumbaya instead of crashing fleets?
And... nevermind. Just mullings of a tired old dog.

what i read from this is ...the hell with any new people and their ideas..lets just be stag and have the same 13 people b!tch and complain in the forums like we always do for the last 3 years and quash any ideas to improve or generate or retain a larger playing base.

To play in ZE you Have to not have a life or just VM is what i see.The quashing is why people stop coming to the forums and one finally does the same dozen people jump them and other see this.

Blind lanx is hog wash cause the only one to REALLy know is the person who got hit..the real def of a blind lanx is for the person to be on AND not have a chance to move his fleet in time.Little different then just blind launching at a time you figure the opposing person wont be on but you guess his fleet might be there with minutes of playtime.And if someone is tipped on a time..then how blind is it really AND not matter what % the fleet was launched you still have just as good of a guess on return time.

It is all in opinions and like @ssholes we all have one but for me the best hits are the ones where you know people are online and you STILL defleet them.