Re: 1-10% option for Fleet movement

-Death- wrote:what i read from this is ...the hell with any new people and their ideas..lets just be stag and have the same 13 people b!tch and complain in the forums like we always do for the last 3 years and quash any ideas to improve or generate or retain a larger playing base.
Make that 27 people who ***** around. But who is complaining? and how about quash any stupid ideas and improve reasonable ideas and maybe toss our two cents here and there?
-Death- wrote:To play in ZE you Have to not have a life or just VM is what i see.The quashing is why people stop coming to the forums and one finally does the same dozen people jump them and other see this.
You mean the 100+ players who are online have no life? Most of the top or active players I've known have full time jobs and are prolly living a normal life like any other netizen.
If you cannot take other people's observation and criticisms or maybe suggestions on your opinions then don't post your opinion at all.
-Death- wrote:Blind lanx is hog wash cause the only one to REALLy know is the person who got hit..the real def of a blind lanx is for the person to be on AND not have a chance to move his fleet in time.Little different then just blind launching at a time you figure the opposing person wont be on but you guess his fleet might be there with minutes of playtime.
So your point is?
-Death- wrote:And if someone is tipped on a time..then how blind is it really AND not matter what % the fleet was launched you still have just as good of a guess on return time.
There is a big difference if you know the "hit" time of a fleet movement. Figuring out the return time is not all about guess work. Here is an example in terms of speed. 39, 44, 49, 55, 1:04 ,1:17, 1:36, 2:07, 3:10, 6:18. That's from 100 90 80 70... etc. There is a big difference between 100 choices and 10 choices . You would have to be blind or too stupid not to see it.

EDIT: Yeah... My bad. Sorry.
Here's where I was coming from.
The only good thing I see in this is for an easier FS. You can reach the same result by proper placement of planets, better time management, just a bit of thinking and lastly (maybe the most important) is to not risk having your fleet returning home when you are unsure if you would be on at that time.
So why sacrifice something when you don't have to sacrifice anything for just a bit of effort?

Edit 2: Maybe we could just suggest an FS button. It hides all your fleet when you click it. You just have to press unhide when you are back online. :whistle:
Can't help it. Always want to have the last laugh whenever I can. :P Cheers! :D
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

you can have the last laugh cause like many others your hatred towards me shows and no different then logged or GoD and others that try to get under my skin but fail.

But back on topic rather then get all huffy puffy how about just simple tossing a compromise out there and say..instead of 1,2,3 ect we just had 2 more options a 5 and 15%.then being the great fleeter you are you still can continue to do your blind lanx hits with only 2 more options.

MY point is no matter what % is out there,the chance that someone will miss a fleetsave is still there regardless.

And just a point that is off topic ...if infact that 100+ is accurate how many actually are active 'players'.Read zorgs post in generals...you make 100+ people sound like the 4 servers are beaming with life.This is a business and any option that could potentially increase a player base after 3 years needs to be explored.

and here is a fair question ..even if he implamented the proposed change...would it make you stop playing :?:

-Death- wrote:you can have the last laugh cause like many others your hatred towards me shows and no different then logged or GoD and others that try to get under my skin but fail.
Wut? I don't even know you. I'm pretty sure you don't know me either LMFAO.
-Death- wrote:And just a point that is off topic ...if infact that 100+ is accurate how many actually are active 'players'.Read zorgs post in generals...you make 100+ people sound like the 4 servers are beaming with life.This is a business and any option that could potentially increase a player base after 3 years needs to be explored.
Based it on average current online player across 4 unis. I think I also posted 27 somewhere.
Yep. This is business and any bad decisions can potentially lead it to bankruptcy. :P
That's why we're pitching in our ideas. And that was exactly what I was doing. Just testing the suggestion.
-Death- wrote: and here is a fair question ..even if he implamented the proposed change...would it make you stop playing :?:
:think: Prolly not.

I admit being new to this game, but not to gaming, but I see the best Idea for all this FS problem is to do what every other game of this type does, Instead of having Fleetpoints hidden in Flight, have ALL fleetpoints in Totals at ALL times,
then instead of guys sitting around watching ranks every hour, They would be forced to actually hunt, track, and study their opponents to catch their Fleet. I see some skilled players in the Forum post, etc.
But for the most part, I see Buzzards, sitting in mommas basement, munching pizza rolls, and waiting for someone who really works hard to manage Fleet, have a mishap, then strike, post a "spectacular" hit, and wait for another update. In any other game I know of, 99% of the "legends" I read about, would be owned.
I will give this platform a chance, but I already know, the giant accounts will always rule, and people who work for weeks or months, then get whacked, through one thing or another( looks as always a RL problem), will quit, almost all of the great hits (except some Ninja's) I have read about on your forum, falls to some hard working player having a Real Life problem, and someone with nothing to do but check Fleet ranks every hour 24/7 takes advantage, and apparently it is worthy of "chest thumping" This one thing is all I see that keeps this from being "Home of the Best, Too intense for the rest." Really??? lmfao

this was suggested and voted on and nobody seen the smart side of that FS suggestion.They only seen it as way to cry we would know they have fleets which could be fixed by the old fleet ranking system when it was just ship totals not actual ranking numbers

*edit btw nice to meet another that understand true competition is how you keep a player base.

*edit #2 the second spin on that...6 hour updates instead of every hour ;)

neoshagrath wrote:
-Death- wrote:And if someone is tipped on a time..then how blind is it really AND not matter what % the fleet was launched you still have just as good of a guess on return time.
There is a big difference if you know the "hit" time of a fleet movement. Figuring out the return time is not all about guess work. Here is an example in terms of speed. 39, 44, 49, 55, 1:04 ,1:17, 1:36, 2:07, 3:10, 6:18. That's from 100 90 80 70... etc. There is a big difference between 100 choices and 10 choices . You would have to be blind or too stupid not to see it.
apart from all the flaming i believe that point alone is enough to specify that this farther break down of time slots will make an already super difficult strategy an impossible strategy.

what i understand none of you big bozzos ever did a true blind lanx so dont brag you already said that getting tipped off is not blind lanx.

the only players i know of who did true blind lanx got bored of you lot and left the game for good. i guess ze has become a game that is played by sub standard players now.

anyways as it turns out blind lanx is going to be outlawed soon any anyone claiming that hey i did a blind launch it wd really mean a stup!d claim in forum after this rule has been installed cause he truly was blind. it wd be like hey i bumped into a bug and squashed it accidently while i was walking blindly.

alot of those kind of hits are going to be posted on forum from now on.

EDIT:

why not add a tech that will enable you to change your ship speed? make it a ruby tech even.. i understand dev team game owners are always hungry for any excuse for rubies. let them have a crack at it.

you can have various base speed for your ships based on how many levels you have. that way it probably will be super convenient to fleet save.

now think about it. even with all that some lazies will still fail to show up when the fleet lands... and it will happen. and i wonder what kind of work around they will suggest then... wait for it i know the answer.. another stup!d kind!!! hahahhahahhahahha (ohh yeah i am having the last laugh in this)

-Death- wrote:this was suggested and voted on and nobody seen the smart side of that FS suggestion.They only seen it as way to cry we would know they have fleets which could be fixed by the old fleet ranking system when it was just ship totals not actual ranking numbers

*edit btw nice to meet another that understand true competition is how you keep a player base.

*edit #2 the second spin on that...6 hour updates instead of every hour ;)
i can digest that. it wd be a different kind of gaming experience. why not make it daily update? 6 hours still makes no sense.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

-Death- wrote:
neoshagrath wrote:Wut? I don't even know you. I'm pretty sure you don't know me either LMFAO.
hmm my mistake i was under the impression this was the Neo who was part of original RAWK way back when
The one and only.
Who are you again?
SPY wrote:anyways as it turns out blind lanx is going to be outlawed soon
I'm 88.8% certain that this suggestion will NOT be implemented at it's current form. It would need a few tweaks here and there IMO.

The point update interval was already heavily debated a long time ago. There was a couple of loopholes with the current system and I believe it ended with "point update every min and fleet on air added on fleet points" as the most popular one. Never implemented. :p

neoshagrath wrote:
-Death- wrote:
neoshagrath wrote:Wut? I don't even know you. I'm pretty sure you don't know me either LMFAO.
hmm my mistake i was under the impression this was the Neo who was part of original RAWK way back when
The one and only.
Who are you again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHrBS27VlS8 sorry couldn't resist

but i could be the one n only who had many hits for RAWK but most notable..

http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... =19&t=2079

http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... =19&t=2439

holly buckets way back time machine there

and the other thing that makes blind lanx far and few inbetween is because there is no deploy/recall from planets in this engine that removes fleet from lanx...something learned by overlord same time frame

http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... 9&start=10

even further back then that had a facepalm moment myself when i didnt understand RF was not in play as i tried to stop SBT from farming one of our alliance mates..
http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... f=19&t=814