Re: Boost strategy

My concept is somewhat simple and to the point and not to over load the servers.
All we really need is just three races, you pick one and that is it. No more added races to clog the server with.

A race devoted to miners

10% increase to overall production of mines. Research is 5% icrease for materials, ships they get -10% to their attacks until they reach lvl 12 for computers
Plus they get an increase to planet shields making it harder to raid once shields are reached at lvl 15.

Techs

-10% to mining until lvl 12 is reached for robot factories in which -5%. Research: -10% to materials needed, Ships -10% to their attacks until lvl 8 is reached for computers. Planetary shields increase with each lvl.

Fleeters

-5% to mining, Research 5% increase for materials. Ships able to build em faster . -10% to Deuterium consumption due to knowing the direct route or faster way

i think thier should be multipeal concepts to it. generated from different ideas
have empire rulings (costs 50 zorge rebies to change)
The Brute: Decreases Deutirum consumption of ships by 10%
The Intellectual: Decrease costs of research by 10%
The Greedy: Decrease costs of mines by 10% (increase chance of bigger planet on collonization)
The Mindless: Nuatral (base starting ruling for those that our new to the game so they can gain some understanding of the game and what role they want to play before they have to choise.)

and each planet to have a governer (witch can be picked in the building section witch you have to build up gaining 1% per)
Bobo: Decrease cost of ships and planitary deffencise by up to 10%
Dorthy: Decreases research time by up to 10% (for planetary research
Elfonzo: Decreases energy consumtion of mines by up to 10%
Adof: Increase WAS of planetary deffences by 40% (increase of 4% per level on building upgrade)

then add in the planetary race witch should be allowed to be selected on collenization or at a later time though the planets overview page. and NOT changable. witch forces some one to have to abondon the planet if they screw up.
Whisp's: Increase energy production by 10%
Dwarf's: Increase metal prodcution by 10%
Mojo's: Increase crystal production by 10%
Ogre's: Increase Deutirum production by 10%
Tinkierers: Increase Ship production by 10%
Human's: Increase building production by 10% (base starting unit until desided on what spieces you want the planet to be)

and i think adding in the artifact idea would be cool. say something like. having to .5% chance of reseaving an artifact from an expodition mission, witch slightly increases with the amount of resources you're willing to stack for the explotation starting at 1DS worth( then increase chance by 1% per DS worth to a max of 5%. and have it so that at certant levels you have a chance at getting different rarities. this way it forces people to acutally get expodition research. The have the artifacts in the empire screen so that you have the ability to turn them on and off allowing only one to be active thus allowing a play to change their current role. say having an artifact that increase WSA by 8%, 12%, 16%, so when they are on and raiding they can have the added effects although with the ability to turn it off and turn on another artifact that increases deutirum production by 4%, 7%, 11% or any of the other resources or even another artifact that increases metal crystal and deutirum mining by 2%, 4%, 6%. or another that decreases deutirum consumption by 3% 5% 9% this why everyone would have to do their own expoditions having a high risk of losing alot of resources although being able to gain something that could be epic to them.

i think having it so thier is no negitives about anything is better then having the negitives, so then people would want to pick a certain path rather then just staying nutral. and having the diffent govener building abilities allow of slow changing of governing. having the differnet types of planet inhabitiance allows for everyone to specify what they want more for the planet. lets face it we all need a general income. :D and it also increases diversity to how you have you're planets set up. you could have a planet at slot 4 witch gives you greater solar power with a Elfonzo general witch drops the energy consumpton and have whisp's for inhabitants witch would really increase you're solar plant witch in the end would adventually decrease the amount of solar plants you need allowing for more space for crystal mines with out the use of a transformer. and have adof so you can try to turtal some of you're resources you can't aford to move around or for the researchers out thier they have switch thier rulers around so that they have equal amounts of dorthies as their IRN.
while their is my 2cents
P.S. I'M COMING FOR ME RESOURCES DEFIENT!!
how i'm still around.... no one knows...

to shorten up my last post.
i pulled together other peoples ideas into 4 steps of boosts.
the main boost type being the empire to set the stage for the players.
the 2nd being the goverment for each planet being able to upgrade for beter states and the ability to demo down to change.
the 3rd having races for the planets allowing it to be better at one main mining thing or building, although if choosen wronge you would have to delete the planet.
the 4th being the artifacts giving the most diversity to the players style allowing to have more then one thing avalabile but a basterd to get although the most usefull.

chrisOH wrote:to shorten up my last post.
i pulled together other peoples ideas into 4 steps of boosts.
the main boost type being the empire to set the stage for the players.
the 2nd being the goverment for each planet being able to upgrade for beter states and the ability to demo down to change.
the 3rd having races for the planets allowing it to be better at one main mining thing or building, although if choosen wronge you would have to delete the planet.
the 4th being the artifacts giving the most diversity to the players style allowing to have more then one thing avalabile but a basterd to get although the most usefull.
Don't quite understand what you mean. Is this categorizing the 4 types of "boost" or are you saying this is the sequence they should be available?

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

would be nice if they where brought to the game in that order but was just trying to catorgraze it and make a much shorter version of the preavous post since i noticed how long it was and realized most people wouldn't want to sit down and read off of it lol
heck i don't even want to read over what i wrote lol
how i'm still around.... no one knows...

All theses are good concepts, but each idea has to have a negative to it, not all positives. Like if you have a Brute running a planet, research will go out the window and ships will be built as a priority along with defenses, mines would be second and research last. I think Zorg is looking for something to balance the game. So if you are a fleeter that would be a plus, but mines would be even but research would be a negative. Just need a concept to balance out and not have all positives.

Lots of good concepts in this thread, most need work but could add a unique and interesting twist to this platform. The entire race/faction concept brought up by the dev team also has yet to receive a final decision.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Re: [Evaluation Needed] Boost strategy

Erm i like the concept, but this could really be expanded before it was taken into place. I like the idea of specific research taking you to a different direction, slightly different ships etc with different benefits.

Need a lot of work and alot of new research... I have some ideas behind this i will pencil them together and be back

Re: [Evaluation Needed] Boost strategy

Off topic: Wow that took a long time to read.

On topic: I love the concepts in here and this is my version of how I think it should work.

I think that there should be both races and governments

The Races

Each player starts with a default race on their home world.

Each colony when founded will have a native race, I am thinking at least 7 possible different races. This way there would be more variety.

The races would have 1 pro and 1 con eg. increased metal production increased research time (to busy working the mines to do any research)

As an emperor and having supreme power over your subjects you will have the option to remove an undesired race from a colony and replace it with any other race you currently have. (this would not be allowed on your home world). The cost of changing a race would be a fixed upfront cost say 1mil deut and for 72 hours all planetary production would stop while the natives are "relocated" :whistle:

The Governments

I suggest three different governments which support the established play style and a 4th neutral government (no bonuses no penalties).

The neutral government is the default government and once a different government is selected it would be impossible to change back to the neutral government.

It should be very costly to change governments except when changing from the neutral government.

there will be 3 pros and 1 con for each government Eg. increased metal production, crystal production and ship cargo space and decreased fleet speed.

I am more than willing to expand on this but I would like some feedback first.

Edit: just to clarify I have intentionally made this a bare bones first step. I think that it would be great to give each government their own ship or tech but I also think that something this huge should be introduced in steps. My idea with the races prevents people from being stuck with something they don't want and since everyone will start with a neutral government then everyone will have a choice to switch to the one they want.
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!