Re: Boost strategy

Ok, been having some thought on this over the past couple days and came up with an idea based around what i call Unions. Feedback appreciated (especially from Zorg! :P ). First off;

Things to note

Unions are not like alliances at all. You do not have a member list of the union and you do not
have any other special relationships with members of the same union.

It is possible to for players to change unions. Upon change of a union, all researches, buildings,
ships or defenses unique to the discarded union will be removed from your empire. You must also
present your new chosen union with a gift of resources to assure them of your allegiance.

Equation for resource cost of union change is; Players Current Points * 50 (of each resource).

EDIT- Union allegiance should be shown in Espionage Reports.

Militant Union

Passive Bonus

Members of the Militant Union gain 10% extra base Weapons, Shields and Armour value. Equivalent
to 1 extra level on the said technologies.

Unique Research Available

Deuterium Purification Technology- Increases the potency of using Deuterium as a propellant. For
each level in this technology, Deuterium cost to fuel the launch of ships is decreased by 1.5%

Requires acheivement of level 10 in Combustion, Impulse and Hyperspace Engines.

Unique Ship Available

I haven't put much thought into this, but possibly the ship being designed to be strong against
RIP's? If not, perhaps a new ship that serves as both a Cargo and a Recycler all in one?

Requirements undecided.

Industrial Union

Passive Bonus

Members of the Industrial Union gain 10% extra production of Metal, Crystal and Deuterium through
planetary mines.

Molecular Compression Technology- Increases the storage capacity of planetary storage facilities
and cargo/recycler vessels. Each level in this technology increases the capacity of Small Cargo
Ship, Large Cargo Ships and Recyclers by 3%. Each level also increases the capacity of planetary
storage facilities by 1%.

Requires acheivement of level 10 in Computer Technology and level 14 in Energy Technology.

Unique Building Available

Molecular Translocation Gate- This is built on a planet. Allows the player to instantly
transport resources from one gate to a receiving gate. It's free to use and has a 10 minute
recharge timer. Should cost roughly 5x that of a Jump Gate.

Requires achievement of level 10 in Hyperspace Technology, level 10 in Molecular Compression
Technology, level 12 in Computer Technology and level 15 in Energy Technology.

Custodial Union

Passive Bonus

Members of the Custodial Union gain an extra 5% rebuild of destroyed defenses, bringing the total
up to a 75% destroyed defense regeneration. (Not big on defenses so if this is not enough perhaps
a +5% energy passive too?)

No idea, what do turtles need in research?

Unique Defensive Unit Available

Graviton Cannon-
this defensive unit should be ~2-2.5 times the combat potency of the
Plasma Cannon. Introduces the Rapid Fire feature for defensive players. Holds a Rapid Fire of
2 against all ships except Bombers, Destroyers, Battlecruisers and Death Stars. Cost undecided.

EDIT- The new ship designed to be potent against the Death Star should have a minor Rapid Fire
over this defense, say 2.

Requirements undecided but should incorporate Graviton Technology level 2.

That's all i got for now.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Istalris wrote:Molecular Translocation Gate- This is built on a planet. Allows the player to instantly
transport resources from one gate to a receiving gate. It's free to use and has a 10 minute
:shock: Do want!
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

Weresloth wrote:
Istalris wrote:Molecular Translocation Gate- This is built on a planet. Allows the player to instantly
:shock: Do want!
yes but 10 minutes is a little short... how bout 30 minutes and max of 500 ships allowed to pass through at once... also would make FS to easy...
Leader of Eldrith Pirates

+1 Ista!
The unique research for turtles could be a tech that futher increasesthe chance to regen defences by 1%/level perhaps? Obviously be expensive.
++MORTURI NOLUMNUS MORI++OMNISSIAH SAEVIO PROCUL VESTRI HIC++VOS ERO DEFAECO++NEX UT HOSTILIS DEUS OF MACHINA++

I had thought about this for some time. So now I would like to share it.
since three are needed I've thought of 3 clans
1) Gamoreans
Passive bonus: +15% Weapon, +20% Research Times(Longer research times), +5% Metal Production
Description:
- Through the years the Gamoreans have fought endless wars. All of them struggling to survive. Now they band together and formed a great clan that is feared throughout theuniverse. Although Gamoreans are very strong when it comes to war, they do have lack of intelligence unfortunately. They also have ways of producing more resources due to their resource rich environment.
Unique Ships:
1) Gamorean Warship
Cost: 3000000 Metal 2500000 Crystal 750000 Deuterium
Requirements:
- Hyperspace Engine lvl 9
- Ion Technology lvl 13
- Shipyard lvl 10
Description:
After Years of hard researching out of nothing they finally created a ship suited for them. Gamorean warship is the result of wars experience. It has a lot of cargo space and is fast. The deuterium cost however is expensive.

Structure points: 5500000
Shield Points: 30000
Attack points: 100000
Speed: 750
Cargo Capacity: 500000
Rapid Fire against:
LF- 100, BS- 25, SC- 50, LC- 30, SS- 250, Esp. Probe- 250, DS 2
I've also had the idea of another race. It's called Opmitras. I'll write it later some time.
I'm still thinking about what are they capable of and what bonus to add.
Thats all
Thanks for reading this

- Raphael
We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated

OneWingedAngel wrote:i made a post in this thread yesterday and today it is gone?

has it been moved or deleted?

That post was removed as you had already posted it in a different section and the post had nothing to do with boost strategy. Please refrain from posting the same thing in several different places. That is considered spam.
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!