Re: Boost strategy

Istalris wrote: Custodial Union

Passive Bonus

Members of the Custodial Union gain an extra 5% rebuild of destroyed defenses, bringing the total
up to a 75% destroyed defense regeneration. (Not big on defenses so if this is not enough perhaps
a +5% energy passive too?)

Unique Research Available

No idea, what do turtles need in research?

Unique Defensive Unit Available

Graviton Cannon-
this defensive unit should be ~2-2.5 times the combat potency of the
Plasma Cannon. Introduces the Rapid Fire feature for defensive players. Holds a Rapid Fire of
2 against all ships except Bombers, Destroyers, Battlecruisers and Death Stars. Cost undecided.

EDIT- The new ship designed to be potent against the Death Star should have a minor Rapid Fire
over this defense, say 2.

Requirements undecided but should incorporate Graviton Technology level 2.
-Istalris-
I like the miner and fleeter ideas (a lot), but the turtle one could use work. I just want to say that maybe the miner could have a base 10% storages increase with a tech to research for 1% more res per level. Just switching research with passive effect.

Turtle:
How about for a passive effect, only 35% max res can be raided rather than 50%. The tech could be for each level, 1% more defences regenerate, starting at 70% at level 0. This would cost a little more than hyperspace engine. And it should have a level 25 cap. And the graviton cannon:

Graviton cannon:
cost:200,000 metal, 150,000 crystal, 75,000 deuterium
Attack power:11,000
Shield strength: 3,150
Structure points:350,000
while these values may seem hogh they are not evem a third of the LL attack power per cost
RF:
against RIP-2
against bomber-5
against BC-4

requirements:
graviton 2
shipyard 10
weapons tech 14

Throughout the years feeters had begun to dominate turtles through the use of bombers, death stars, and sheer size. Through generations of research, stunning leaps were made, and the full power of graviton technology could be harnessed. A defence was made with no weaknesses that could target and destroy bombers and death stars- the two main threats to turtles. At last, the playing field seems equal.

Edit-And you said you didnt have a fleeter unit. How about one that simmilar to this:
FLEET SHIP (original name I know)
costs: 40,000 metal, 25,000 crystal, 5,000 deuterium
structure:65,000
attack:800
shields:300
deuterium consumption:300
speed:40,000 (not that fast if you consider how a BS with hyperspace 10 has 40,000)
Note:each rank of graviton tech increases ship speed by 80%
cargo capacity:5,000
RF:
against DD-2
against BC-3
against LF-8

from HF-3
I thought this RF would make it great against RIPs while giving BS and HF some use.
requirements:
graviton 2
shipyard 12

Utilizing graviton technology in an entirely new way, a graviton engine is able to propel this ship to nearly unmeasureable speeds. Designed to have no weaknesses, it can make up a crashing or raidinf fleet entirely by itself. However, the graviton cannon that powers the attacks must be small to come up with a ship that is still fast, so this ship is best used for extremely speedy attacks.

i dont agree with these values... this makes turtles way too strong. 70% is good enough for regeneration with a possible 5% max extra

i personally think that the PC is a very strong turret already. perhaps a boost of 10% to turret construction?
You can't stop me I'm on a boat!

Personally i think the miner and fleeter ones are good as they are, just having Zorgs new "strong vs RIP" ship as their unique unit. The turtle one needs work i admit, but i don't like what you did with the Grav Cannon. It wasn't meant to have RF over an RIP or any other ship that poses a threat to turtles. Defenses are not meant to have RF so i just put minor RF on this one against the smaller ships as a little bonus for turtles.

The passive for the turtle seems fine to me, the 35% only res raided idea is too much i think, a lot of casual players will go CU and kill the games economy. What we need is a research for them and sensible statistics for the Grav Cannon.
Sadbutrue wrote:i personally think that the PC is a very strong turret already. perhaps a boost of 10% to turret construction?
Do you mean build speed or?

Oh and thanks for the feedback guys, it's appreciated. And i do think this would be an awesome addition to the game! As long as it is balanced and thought over properly.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Eclipse55 wrote:I wouldn't allow one faction to only have the power to build a certain type of ship...............I'm sure players want the basics to stay...............I know that was merely a suggestion.......but just for the record............
I think it would be pretty sweet for each race to have specialized ships and techs.

Hopefully, the base of 3 races will be a prototype for more down the road. Once the template for races is established, adding new ones should not be too difficult.

This would also boost cooperation between players.

As far as the differences between races, it is good that each have their benefits and drawbacks. However, pigeon-holing one race as Fleeters, another as Miners, etc.. defeats some of the purpose of having different races.

Though one race may have some benefits that make them attractive as Miners, I believe it is better that all the races be diversified enough to provide benefits for all styles of play.

One of the things this does is add differentiation between ZE and the many other space MMOs out there.

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

yeah i think Khan is on to something. i think 3 races/sects/factions is maybe not all we should have. i think maybe something like 7 with different advantage/disadvantages.

I would say that perhaps your choice should be permanent or VERY expensive/damaging

for example a race would have a -15% to -25% to mine costs but at the same time have penalty to mine production and energy production. something like -10% to -25%

then have a race with teching bonuses that gives them -10% to -25% on tech prices and research times but they get a ship building penalty such as higher ship costs (10% to 25% or more)

this is a small sample of my idea and not all of the races would have special ships or turrets.

some more militant races might have a bonus to WSA or ship prices or ship speeds but detriments in areas such areas as res production energy or even be locked out of some units such as RIPs or cant produce some turrets.

you can use your imagination.

this would make the game more interesting and would specialize people more but wont restrict them way too much.

PS. Istalris yes turrets build speed
You can't stop me I'm on a boat!

my new ship ideas
no 4 is my new ship idea and the others are improvements on existing ships along with new cool names :P

1 Viper (updated LF)
cost 2500 metal 1000 crystal
comb engine
speed 20000
weapon 50
shields 20
fuel 30

RF against probes, sats, small cargos
RF from falcon and RIPs

2 Predator (updated HF)
cost 10000 metal 2500 crystal
imp engine
speed 10000
weapon 150
shields 40
fuel 80

RF against probes, sats, large cargos and recs
RF from battlecruisers and RIPs

3 Falcon (updated Cruiser)
cost 20000 metal 7500 crystal 2500 deut
imp engine
speed 15000
weapon 500
shields 60
fuel 250

RF against probes, sats, cargos and Viper
RF from Battlecruiser and RIPs

4 Super Destroyer
cost 200000 metal 150000 crystal 50000 deut
hyper engine
speed 5000
weapon 5000
shields 2000
fuel 2500

RF against cargos, recs, vipers, predators, battleships, bombers, rocket launchers, light lasers and gauss cannons
RF from RIP

5 Battlecruiser (updated)
cost 30000 metal 30000 crystal 15000 deut
hyper engine
speed 10000
weapon 800
shields 400
fuel 250

RF against cargos, recs, sats, probes, Predators, Falcons, Battleships
RF from Destroyers and RIPs

I personally think its an amazing idea, My suggesstion is the following :

firstly everyone shoudl choose between 3 factions & factions would only add techs,ships or torrents ., but unlike the 3 ista suggested mine wouldn't particularly make u a better fleeter/miner/turtle, I think they should be mixed and matched so that they would have Good things and bad things.

Next in line would be generals, the player would pick a general and each general would have percentages additions and subtractions. I.e. ship production time, torrent production time, duet consumption, metal/crystal/duet production, ship speed. The choice would be between 7 general (thanks SBT) and again no preference towards fleeter/miner/turtle, i,e. General Lawrence could provide 2% increase in attack power of anything Ion based, 3 % decrease in speed of ship, it can up to 7 or 8. or such things

Anyone is welcome to elaborate (or even put some detail to this one) on the idea,

Thought? criticisms?
Makks
_______
http://www.makkiconsultant.com

i really like this idea, it makes you think more and carefully about how the play the game. But then again you don't want minuses because your being forced to choose a government type so maybe you should have four governments one which keeps everything the same and the others which where stated above. Maybe you could choose governments for planets and have it cost resources to change them around...
Blowing Away Death stars since 1993