[Implemented] New Ship: Elite Cargo Ship

Description:

In an ever increasingly hostile Universe, many Empires found themselves pouring vast amounts of industry into building fleets of large cargo ships to keep their resources off-planet and protected from raiders and fleeters bent on capturing planetary riches. Increasing trade and development of the distant planets within their empires also contributed to the need for a larger, more effective method of transporting resource. Thus, the Elite Cargo Ship was born.

Like its smaller siblings, in order maximize the resources that can be stored in the holds, this ship has little in the way of weapons or armor. Its multiple banks of combustion engines and enormous cargo holds make it the most effective ship in the inventory for transporting and storing resources off-planet. Because of it's size, economy of scale requires a higher price for this mother of all space freighters.

Specifications:

Rapid Fire against Espionage Ships: 5
Rapid Fire against Solar Satellites: 5
Rapid Fire from Death Stars: 300
Rapid Fire from Battle Cruisers: 5

Structure Points: 3,000,000
Shield Strength: 50
Attack Points: 5
Cargo Capacity: 10,000,000 units
Base Speed: 10,000
Fuel: 2500

Special Tech requirements:

Combustion Engine Level 8
Zorg Physics Level 1
Shipyard Level 7

Procurement Costs:

Metal: 1,500,000
Crystal: 1,500,000
Deuterium: 650,000

Re: New Ship: Super Cargo Ship

For a player of my stature I don't need a cargo ship of that size in that early of the game. The price tag is too high for me to get at the moment. So my suggestion is why not make the combustion engine lvl requirement set to lvl 10 cause for me reaching that lvl will do few imp things. I will have a solid ground by then and a base fleet that will support my raids to acquire resources of that size and the cargo ship will travel faster. If you think about it before I reach the capability to raid a planet of that lvl I have no use of the cargo ship and it is going to be a duet guzzler.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Slash wrote: RF @ Death Star remains consistent with other ships in its class.
Umm...there are no other ships with RF againt RIPs. It can fire 300 times which is 1500 damage to a RIP, which could be a tipping point. I don't think a cargo should be doing more damage then a BS, no matter what the cost is. Again, I am assuming that you mean from, not against, but then sats and probes would hit it 5 times each. something's wrong there.

It says against in your specs Slash. :P

Also, deuterium isn't included in structure points. Only m+c, so your ships structure would be 3 mill, which is divided by ten to give its armour value.

I would love to see a bigger cargo though, would save me a lot of bother.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...