[Implemented] ACS Attack Development

ACS ATTACK is in development.

Current Plan:
  • ACS ATTACK fully implemented in BETA SERVER till October 25 2010
  • Once ACS attack is fully tested for bugs, it will be implemented in X-TREME Universe
ACS Details:
  • ACS depot level of the CREATOR (level at time of initial fleet launch will matter every time - if the creator upgrades momentarily afterwards it won't count) will define the maximum number of attackers. The maximum number allowed will be the same with the level of the depot (ie: Lvl 9 depot will allow up to 9 attackers) No other limits apply.
  • An ACS depot of at least level 2 will be required by anyone to join.
  • Any player will be able to set up an ACS attack. You need to be in an alliance in order to create an attack.
  • All alliance members are invited by default. Players not in the alliance will need to be separately invited. Invitation will be able to take place anytime after the initial setup. Only the creator will be able to invite players.
  • The limit of attackers will not limit the number of invitations. Unlimited invitations may be sent but once the limit is met, no other attackers will be able to join.
  • Different WSA for each attacker.
  • Only creator will be able to set fleet speed. The rest will get their ship speed automatically adjusted to match the attack time.
  • Recalls are personal, they do not affect the ACS attack as a whole. However, if the creator recalls, no one else will be able to join. The rest will continue normally.
  • Each ACS attack uses 1 fleet slots.
  • Resources earned will be equally shared among the remaining attackers. If an attacker does not have enough space for resources, these resources will remain to the defender and will not be added to another attacker.
  • Messages will be automatically sent for important actions such as:
    -Circular message when a new ACS attack is created
    -Message when an invitation is received
Usage Details
  • Creator and his allies can access the currently alliance ACS attacks through their alliance screen.
  • Invited players can initially join only through the invitation link in the message inbox.
  • All participants (creator and players that already sent a fleet) can navigate to Fleet page, locate the specific ACS attack mission they want and click on ACS Details.
  • Any participant, creator, his allies and invited players, can view the current attacking fleets.

Combat Details:
  • Attacking fleets shoot one after another, starting from the left.
  • Each attacker is sorted by join time (fleet start time). At the left is the one who created the attack, at the right is the one who joins last.
  • All the rest like in normal battles

Re: ACS Attack - Info Needed

I would be willing to wait a little while longer to make each person have their own WSA techs. I think there should be no time limit, if someone is attacking an inactive turtle, the deuterium costs could be massive at 100% speed, so they may need to send 10% with RIPs.

I do have a questions though. You said this could be done with alliance members. Did you mean that, only alliance members, or everyone? If it is up for debate, I think you should be able to do it with everyone.

Edit- I also think that the time of an attack landing should be hidden to the person who is launching second. This way, they can't predict the other persons return time and crush them. If they are attacking with the persons permission, they will know the time anyway.

Another question- How many people can be in on one attack? Just 2, or more? I think there should be some kind of limit
Last edited by Thatguyeric on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguyeric wrote: I do have a questions though. You said this could be done with alliance members. Did you mean that, only alliance members, or everyone? If it is up for debate, I think you should be able to do it with everyone.
i think everyone should be able to team up with each other, because otherwise smaller alliances are restricted... plus the defend side can be done by anyone so the attack side should be to..
thanks for the awesome sig surrias <3

Thatguyeric wrote:I would be willing to wait a little while longer to make each person have their own WSA techs. I think there should be no time limit, if someone is attacking an inactive turtle, the deuterium costs could be massive at 100% speed, so they may need to send 10% with RIPs.

I do have a questions though. You said this could be done with alliance members. Did you mean that, only alliance members, or everyone? If it is up for debate, I think you should be able to do it with everyone.
I agree... i am willing to wait for everyone to have their own WSA techs.
A also agree that you should be able to do ACS attack with anyone.
Leader of Eldrith Pirates

So i'm assuming that since the fleet doesn't leave your planet until when it needs to, it won't show up for the defender until its in the air, right?

Also, can an alliance only have one ACS attack at a time? Or how do you select which one you're joining?

If the creator of the attack cancels the mission before the launch(also an option, i presume?), do the other players who joined it get a notification and their fleet stays on the ground? Or what?

Who has the power to recall? Can anyone recall their specific fleet at any time? Does the creator's recall recall everyone's fleets?

Just a few questions. Hope they make sense
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

Just a few points that I like from ACS enabled games:
-if attacker recalls, others go through
-some sort of speed minimum, like 30% of first speed, no less
-limited no. of attackers
-different WSA for players, but limited no. of players in each attack
-Id say attack times visible to all players, I wouldn't send my fleet on blind mission
-ACS with everyone, not just alliance
-As many ACS as fleet slots
-Don't pm whole alliance, just selected people, otherwise some will wake-up to a lot of spam
-You launch normal attack, then can create a ACS defend option on that attack and send invites. Once they are sent if the invitees can get there in time without violating the minimum speed rule and ACS attack option appears
-Everyone can recall without incident
-Once you select the ACS attack option your fleet is sent, doesn't stay grounded...
Just a few words, but maybe we can go all out against this. Unlimited attackers, fleet stay grounded until last second, infinite ACS, all WSA of highest player? Possibilities are endless :D

I dont think you should be allowed to do an ACS attack off just anyone... Thats like saying i will use an enemy base to attack from... Silly dont you think.

I think that you will have to be on the friends list to use there colonies and planets, and you should also be able to reject your planet being used for acs attack missions.

fishpondadmin wrote:I dont think you should be allowed to do an ACS attack off just anyone... Thats like saying i will use an enemy base to attack from... Silly dont you think.

I think that you will have to be on the friends list to use there colonies and planets, and you should also be able to reject your planet being used for acs attack missions.
Eh, I don't agree with that... I think that if you HAVE to be on someones friends list, this will either greatly limit the number of people in an attack, or make people irritated about having to have several people in your friends list that you don't want in there.

Then again, this is just an opinion.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Nice opinions.

Some certain points:
ACS attack for everyone. The person who launches will send invitation to specific people. Only these specific people will be able to join.
Different WSA for each attacker.
Ability to set time (10-100%). Fleets will launch from planet only when they will be about to meet the arrival time. (So fleets will meet outside the planet at the exact time and attack immediately.)
Only limitation to speed will be due to natural causes (Example: Attack time is at 18.00. With 10% your ships will arrive at 18.05 and with 20% your ships will arrive at 17:55. You will be forced to choose 20% or higher. If you choose 20%, your ships will wait 5 minutes at your planet, then they will head to the planet selected.).

Attackers number limit must be decided through this thread.
The initial launcher will be able to select more people than the actual limit but once the limit is reached, all other invitations will be removed and no other will be able to join.
Extra invites will be able to be sent.

Recalls are personal, they do not affect the rest.

Each ACS attack counts (fleet slots of course is one per acs attack) and seems like a normal attack in phalanx and enemy overview.It is up to the user to understand that all these ships coming at a common hour are in fact an ACS attack.

Any other details are welcomed