[Implemented] New Technology: Zorg Physics

Zorg Physics

Zorg Physics, the culmination of the works and theories of countless scientists, introduces ground-breaking ideas into the Zorg Universe. These complex, and often controversial, ideas bring the world of Physics to an entirely new level. Ships, Technology, Defense, everything is seen from new perspectives, creating new blueprints for what will inevitably be a reformation of empires throughout the known Zorg Universe.

Requirements:
Research Lab (Level 15)
Energy Technology (Level 15)

Costs:
Metal 6millions
Crystal 4millions
Increase rate: 1.2

(The costs are such in order ot have a big research time with current patterns. Whether we will decide to follow a different pattern in order to use lower costs for higher research time, remain yet unanswered although chances of this to happen are slim.)

--
We have decided to create a new technology.

We want this technology to be somewhat expensive and will take long to research for each level. High IPN will be mandatory to be able to research it in reasonable times.

The bonus from this this new technology is that will be a requirement for the 2 new special ships we wish to add.

->The first ship is ready thanks to the community and its name will be Zorg Cargo Ship. You can find details for this ship in its thread. Physics Level 1 will be its requirement.

->The second ship we wish to add is an anti-deathstar. We still have not got a good proposal to dwell on but we hope we will soon (Waiting from the community). We want the characteristics of this ship will be strong against deathstar, average against most ships and weak perhaps to one or 2 ship/defense types. For this ship, the new technology will play a double role;
a)Requirement (Perhaps level 3 alongside with Graviton Level 2).
b)Improvement of Ship Building Speed for every level above Level 4.

We seek requirements for this new tech (perhaps only research lab but a high level) and exact costs/time.

Re: New Technology: Zorg Physics

Ye i agree with Shandris we're already going to have a Zorg Cargo ship (think name should be debated) so i like Quantum Physics better we wouldn't want to have a stereotype of ships and tech aka Zorg this and Zorg that it would just stick out

Also for tech req for this new tech maybe

research lab 13-15
then computer tech (debateable)

Maybe something like this:

Requirements:

Graviton tech 2
Computer tech 12
Energy tech 14
Hyperspace tech 7
IPN tech 4 (maybe?)

If we're going to have an anti deathstar tech, I think it should cost ALOT

I don't know what do you think?
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

I'd like to see it need...

Research Lab 15
Energy Technology 15 (Since it is cheap and the Energy Formula is changed, might as well give it a use?)
Graviton Technology 2

IRN should not be NEEDED, simply encouraged by tremendous research times.

I'd like to see it start out at about a 3 Day Research time (With a Level 15 Lab, no IRNs) and then increase by 2 Days every level? I think that would be suitable, since it would take it a minimum of 9 Days to get to Level 4. Pretty long time, I think...

As for cost, why not start out with 3.000.000 Metal, 2.000.000 Crystal, and 1.000.000 Deuterium. If you increase it by 1.5x every time, It still stays manageable, until you get to the 10th level or so. If I'm not mistaken, you wanted the Build bonus from it to cap out at Level 12 for the Anti-RIP ship. If my math is correct, Level 12 would cost...259,492,676 Metal, 172,995,117 Crystal, and 86,497,559 Deuterium.

So....

Requirements

Research Lab 15
Energy Technology 15
Graviton Technology 2

Cost
Base Cost: 3.000.000 Metal, 2.000.000 Crystal, 1.000.000 Deuterium
Cost Increase Formula: {(Base Cost)*[1.5^(Tech Level)]}
Base Production: 3 Days
Production Increase Formula: ((Tech Level)*2 Days)+3 Days

And that's all I got for now.
Last edited by Urweirdsaysi on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shandris wrote:you are kidding about graviton 15 right?

to get graviton 15 it takes:

1.434.890.700.000 Energy

to get that you would need 31.886.460.000 solar satellites on a planet with 100c maximum temp

That would make for a nice MS, dontcha think? :lol:
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder