[Implemented] New Ship: Lunar Guardian

Name: Lunar Guardian

Description
Over the years, crafty emperors of Zorg Universe, looked for ways to defend colonies and lunar bases against the massive firepower of Death Stars and their graviton cannons. Eventually they realized that they could harness and reflect the energy from these cannons. The result was a brand new ship which was named as Lunar Guardian to reflect the purpose it was first created.
(One more paragraph is needed that will describe the ship in details relative with characteristics)

Specifications:

Production Base Speed: About 9 mins with lvl 15 laboratory
Structure Points: 120 000
Shield Strength: 700
Attack Points: 2.000
Cargo Capacity: 9.000
Base Speed: 4.000
Fuel: 2.500

Production Cost
Metal: 60.000
Crystal: 60.000
Deuterium: 15.000

RF table:
Rapid-Fire Against Death Star: 6 (Or 2 + Zorg Physics Level)
Rapid Fire Against Espionage Ship 600
Rapid Fire Against Solar Satellite 150

Rapid-Fire From Light Fighter: 6
Rapid-Fire From Battlecruiser: 4
Rapid-Fire From Destroyer: 4
Rapid-Fire From Plasma Cannon: 4

Requirements:
Zorg Physics Technology Level 4
Graviton Technology Level 2
Hyperspace Technology LvL 9
Hyperspace Engine LvL 10
Level 15 shipyard

Purpose: (Use this for your suggestions)
We need a light expensive ship that will have rapid fire against Death Star. Perhaps rapid fire only against Death Star so it will hit it every round.
It has to be average against most types and perhaps weak to a couple of ship and/or defense types. (This needs to be reflected by the Rapid Fire ratings).
We want this ship type to be good against death star (not much stronger on one on one, just stronger) but inadvisable against almost all the rest.

One key characteristic of this ship will be its building time which will be dependable by the Zorg Physics Technology. In detail, at Level 4 Physics, we need building ship time to be perhaps double than the base build time of Deathstar. Perhaps more but not less.
Then perhaps we can reduce time needed by 10% per level. So at lvl 9 Physics it will be at same build time with Deathstar. At lvl 14 it will drop at half build time and the bonus will stop there. The tech will be expensive and will need much time to reach such lvl anyway. High IPN will be mandatory to be able to research it in reasonable times.

Moderators are kindly requested to edit this post with leading ideas so that the ship complete identity will be slowly filled out completely.

Re: New Ship: Zorg Frigate

well it needs an engine, hyperspace would be obvious choice, maybe level 9 requirement? also, since it is using graviton level 2 it should have some kind of weapons technology requirement

rapid fire:

against solar sat: 5
against espionage ship: 5
against deathstar: 2
from cruiser: 2
from battlecruiser: 2
from destroyer: 10

that kind of rapid fire makes it really only good against deathstars which is what you want right?

also, its base weapon needs to be something that can realisticly puncture deathstar shields, so about 20.000?

cost NEEDS to be high for big structural integrity, otherwise it wont matter about having rapid fire on deathstars because they will rip it apart, i would say anywhere between 3 and 7 million TOTAL metal and crystal..

also, Zorg Frigate sounds crap (no offense lol) maybe something more like, Guardian, since that is what its basically there for, being a guardian against deathstars
thanks for the awesome sig surrias <3

I like Shandris's RF table, except I'd like to see the RF from Cruisers be changed to LF, so as to give LFs a use (I know I seem to always bring it up, but it's important, I think) This in turn will get Cruisers useful, etc, etc. Also, with the structure points given she suggested, you'll still need to send quite a few LF to take it out, so it's not like they will pummel it into the ground or anything. This will also allow low level players to counter them easily, so it won't just turn into the new power-house ship. Someone who fully understands the Combat Engine (I've got no idea) could do the math and prove that if they feel like it.

So...

Rapid-Fire Against Solar Satelite: 5
Rapid-Fire Against Espionage Ship: 5
Rapid-Fire Against Death Star: 2
Rapid-Fire From Light Fighter: 2
Rapid-Fire From Battlecruiser: 2
Rapid-Fire From Destroyer: 10

Also, considering the RIP has 7.5 mil Structure points, I think giving the "Zorg Frigate" 7 mil structure points MIGHT be a bit too much. Maybe somewhere around 4-5 mil instead? And then just give it more shields (Which would translate into a higher Crystal cost, kind of the opposite of the RIP) should still give it enough defense to hang around but not so much that they can overcome RIPs easily. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure how the Combat Engine would work, so I can't give accurate numbers of what would balance it. 20k Attack points sounds good, but only if the shields aren't EXTREMELY high. If it has a lot of shields, then the Attack points needs to drop and vice-versa.

I think it needs to, obviously, be faster than the RIPs but still needs to be slower than most other ships. Maybe somewhere between 2k-4k, which would place it between Bombers and Recyclers, both of which are still relatively slow ships. Fuel Consumption should be relatively low, so that it doesn't take an army to fuel it, like Dessies and Bombers do. Possibly around the same as the Recyler, which is 300? Or maybe even 500, which would match the BS. This still keeps the price manageable, but not so low that you can have thousands of them without paying anything. Cargo shouldn't be very high, just whatever will hold enough Deut for a movement to 2-3 Galaxies over. Anything else should require the use of other ships to carry the extra deut for, say, a move from 1-9. Remember, this isn't an attacking ship, it's more of a defensive one (Or, that's how I'm understanding it) so it shouldn't have 1 mil cargos like the RIP. If I'm not mistaken, a 3 Galaxy trip at 100% with 3k Speed and 500 Deut Consumption costs...10k Deut (For a single ship). So, that should be a sufficient Cargo Hold. Correct me if my math is wrong, please.

So, this is what I've got so far:

Structure Points: 4.000.000-5.000.000
Shield Strength:
Attack Points: 20.000
Cargo Capacity: 10.000
Base Speed: 3.000
Fuel: 500

Rapid-Fire Against Solar Satelite: 5
Rapid-Fire Against Espionage Ship: 5
Rapid-Fire Against Death Star: 2
Rapid-Fire From Light Fighter: 2
Rapid-Fire From Battlecruiser: 2
Rapid-Fire From Destroyer: 10

Still undecided on the costs, but it should be reflective of it's stats. If it has high shields, then it needs to have a high Crystal cost. If it has high attack, and I think a (somewhat) high Deuterium cost would be good (Not quite as much as the RIP, though). Metal should float around 1.5-3 mil which would give the Crystal anywhere from (Assuming the 4-5 mil Structure points is used) 1-3.5 million.

I'd like to see it around 4 mil metal and 1 mil Crystal, which puts the value (Not considering Deuterium costs) about half the RIP (I converted all resources to metal for easy price comparison. RIP costs 10 mil metal (No Deut) and the Frigate would cost 6 mil Metal). Using that, the shield value should be either 10k or 20k (50 or 100 * Shield Value=Crystal Cost). Someone with more knowledge should come up with the proper shield Value.

This is just a rough sketch i put together i may submit another later

Our trouble is that it has to be able to fight the rip but it cant be stronger than say the DD or the BC

a couple choices i have is
1. high fire power and low low low shields ex 5000 attack and 200 shields

(this one would have RF against Rips but would take RF from things like BC and DD though i think iots inefective because it still has much more fire power than even the destroyer but not nearly enough as the rip)

2. high shields moderate fire power ex 500 attack 5000 shields

(this on has some fire power and then shields which would help protect it from the rips power [ idea is that the grav lv 2 changes the tech from a cannon to shielding system to protect the ship from Rips] and in masses it could help shield other ships from Rip attacks)

Specifications:

Production Base Speed: Double than RIP - Reduced 10% per Physics Tech lvl
Structure Points: 400,000
Shield Strength: 750 ?
Attack Points: 2,500 ?
Cargo Capacity:300
Base Speed: (double rip)
Fuel: 5

Rapid Fire Values:

Rip: 5
Solar sat ?
Esp probes ?

Requirements:
Weapons tech ?
Shield Tech ?

Production Cost
Metal: 200,000
Crystal: 150,000
Deuterium: 50,000

Gamepro41 wrote:lol re reading shandris's post i think ye it should have greater structural integrity say maybe 5 million?

then for the name maybe "Solar Guardian"?
yes lol with 400k structure and 750 shields it wouldnt matter if it had rapid fire 2000 on a death star lol, it would still die
thanks for the awesome sig surrias <3

Structure Points: 4,500,000
Shield Strength: 4,500
Attack Points: 5,500
Cargo Capacity: 15,000
Base Speed: 1,500
Duet Consumption: ???

Rapid Fire Values:
Against Death Star 15
Against Solar Sat 5
Against Esp. Ship 5

From Plasma Cannon 25

Requirements:

Production Cost
Metal:1,750,000
Crystal: 2,500,000
Deuterium: 500,000
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Name: The great equalizer (Because it fits the purpose, it has nothing to do with it's awesome initials)

metal cost 1,500,000
crystal cost 1,000,000
deuterium cost 300,000

Structure points: 2,500,000
Attack points: 50,000
Cargo capacity: 5,000
Shield: 30,000
Base speed:1,000
Deut consumption: 10,000

RF
from HF-3
from Cr-4
from DD-1
from BS-1
from BC-1

to RIPs-5

requirements-
Zorg physics 4
Graviton 2

Okay, so basically, the idea is the ships that are currently the least used will be buffed up a little. It is less effective than other ships for attacking, because of it's slowness. The idea is, the main purpose is to protect moons, so it can be jumped. It can really only be used as a defensive ship

Description:
Over the years, Death stars began appearing in more and more fleets. It was originally thought that their massive size would cause such a slow speed that they would be somewhat ineffective as defending emporers would have time to counter any attack, but soon there was just no way to overpower them. However, the Death star had one more weakness; it's graviton cannon took time took fire. During this period, it created immense gravity. The Great Equalizer was made to capitalise on this. Using smaller and faster guns, shots are pulled toward the graviton cannon and hit the death star.