Re: [Implemented] New Ship: Lunar Guardian

As LGs were created to balance the Rips power, and they cost 10K Crystal more then Destroyers I would suggest a consumption 750 which is 25% less than Destroyers and 50% more than Battle Ships, so we will be able to perform attacks and ACS defend within few systems, that will be a good reason someone will think twice before launch Moon Destruction, and due the back fire they can not send many more Rips than needed as their risk of losing them is much bigger, in that way I can say that Moons up to 8.5 K will be safer.

PS:- If the backfire is not working would be a good idea to have a look on it.

LG are starting to serve their purpose although slight modifications should still be made. Here are the changes I would like to see, and please PK especially, I would want to hear your response as this would influence you more than anyone:

Attack raise to 2.500. This one is more interesting but with its rf on rips would allow an even smaller amount to break the rip shields.
Fuel consumption lowered to 1.000 (Same as destroyers). This will make them more profitable to launch and a better offensive weapon as a result.
Shield strength lowered to 500 (Same as destroyers for similar cost). The reason for this one is that a ship having rf on them, the BC for example fire for exactly 700 damage and an even amount cannot even break the LG shields. It'll make them cheese grader though, yes however is a move i think that will be needed.
Rapid fire from destroyers increase to 8 from 4. This will in turn give destroyers a purpose again as they would become the best counter towards Lunar Guardians by far.
Cargo capacity lowered to 3.000

My reasoning is that this would add more balance into the game for a couple other ships. Yes, I know usually high crystal costs are associated with high shielding, but I was trying to give destroyers a purpose mainly here. Thoughts everyone?
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

I am completely against any change in the LG shields, I think at the moment they are perfect as is. Weapons are negotiable but I think any decrease in the shielding value is not a good idea, that would dramatically increase the amount you need to send to resist damage, in turn, making a decrease in fuel cost having effectively no change at all.

To further add to this; units with high shields cost more crystal, it is a uniform fact throughout the entire game. Therefore the higher shields the LG has is justified by it's higher crystal cost.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Pkromm wrote: Comparing the previous costs we have around 4% less, believe me not enough.
Pkromm wrote:As LGs were created to balance the Rips power, and they cost 10K Crystal more then Destroyers I would suggest a consumption 750 which is 25% less than Destroyers and 50% more than Battle Ships, so we will be able to perform attacks and ACS defend within few systems, that will be a good reason someone will think twice before launch Moon Destruction...
I fully agree with Pk...destroyer is already the ultimate ship against most ships and its cost is lower then LGs.
I say we give LGs 750 deuterium consumption since 4% is not even a noticeable decrease.

It would still be more expensive than BS, but cheaper from DD as it should be.

I see people want to increase Destroyers RF against LGs and lower down LG shielding and i think thats a very lame idea. LGs are already very vulnerable against lots of ships and defense. Destroyers are fine the way they are IMO. You could make destroyers stronger against defense for example, since defenses are to strong already...
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough

Right now in extreme, i can safely say destroyers are not the cream of the crop as an attack ship, I have almost a 5mil fleet and only have one destroyer... because they are useless right now. They already have a lower base speed than Lunar Guardians. Giving lunar guardians a cheaper/equal cost while already being faster, better shielding, equal attack (than destroyers) AND rf on RIPs while costing only 10k crystal more just leaves destroyers useless without a significant upgrade against the lunars, thereby giving lunar guardians their purpose -> to destroy RIPs and giving destroyers essentially a new purpose, to destroy lunar guardians. Not sure about you, but I would like to have to be forced into making a variety of ships by having each one serve a real purpose. Why do you think there are no destroyer fleets roaming around Extreme? I can think of just one player that even has 20k of them...

LGs are already to vulnerable against other ships, and with some defense covering the rip, you can only send LGs so i dont see them as strong as you say. They have much more weaknesses than Dessies...

People barely use bombers, yet i dont think bombers should have RF against dessies although it would make them more useful even though they cant attack ships. Destroyers only have one weakness andits the rip
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough

Based on its description, Lunar Guardian need not be used as an offensive weapon so much as defensive:

"Over the years, crafty emperors of Zorg Universe, looked for ways to defend colonies and lunar bases against the massive firepower of Death Stars and their graviton cannons. Eventually they realized that they could harness and reflect the energy from these cannons. The result was a brand new ship which was named as Lunar Guardian to reflect the purpose it was first created."

If this is to be their true purpose, then they need not have a very high speed.
The wrote:People barely use bombers
Another ship that should be improved or altered in a major way.

As we have gone over before Kick, that simply can't be their only purpose. We need something to attack Death Stars with or the situation hasn't changed at all.

Destroyers have a purpose already, they are the counter to Battlecruisers.

The way I see it, the best thing to counter LG at the moment is PC, with their RF against them and the new plasma upgrade, they will be pretty damn painful for the LG.

Main point it, we can't make the LG super weak against any ship type, because we need to use them as an attack force against someone with a large RIP fleet. People who have large RIP fleets always have quite a few other capital ships for normal raiding/fleet crashing, and if the LG is gonna get raped by those it's purpose is pretty much already defeated. You can't send other ships to counter the opponents fleet as you would with other set ups, because the RIP's will hand them their asses.

LG are a class that are always going to be used alone so they need to be able to kick RIP's *** AND at least hold their own against all other ship types, or they wont be used at all, and the stacking of RIP's will just continue..
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

The speed is needed so it can be used to ninja/acs attack/acs defend rips on arrival.

The deuterium consumption recution to 750 is the suggestion here, that's almost half the fuel right now.
We will put 750 to X-TREME. (RIP consumption too low there as well)
1000 to Speed and Standard.

We will implement this later today alongside with the buff for bombers/plasma in X-TREME in a few hours.