Re: [Implemented] New Ship: Lunar Guardian

ZORG said:

Point is that KICK has a very good point and this has to do with destroyers. (read his post about it).
I am unsure how much it costs for a big LG fleet to fleet save right now, Pkromm who is using this, can let us know.
I would agree with Kick, but I believe when he started playing the game the Death Stars have been already implemented in the actual Status, thou Destroyers were left with the same data from the start, so we would not need to create a new Ship just implement the old Destroyer data to be stronger, well as in real life we create new technology and keep the old to whom it may suits, the Dev Team worked very hard to create a new "weapon" to balance the game and that is the Lunar Guardian, as new ships some modifications were needed and implemented only the deut cost is a crucial point if it will become a useless ship as Bombers per example or balance the game

To all the community: With the new weapons creation (LGS) or upgrades (Plasma), we all need to adapt, if something is not good in your opinion build something else, believe me I would lose many Billions in resources to recycle my LGs, if they become useless due their high cost to run,I will do as I did with more than 60K Bombers a year ago just crash them on a big turtle to have a nice top ten hit even with 1 metal profit.

Below 2 FS cost examples:

That's the cost to FS 50KLGS+1 RIP 20% Speed one cluster away

Distance
Duration
4:03:41 h
Deuterium consumption
speed max.
Cargo capacity

But of course only an inexperienced player would FS in the same system so the average and depending what is around we will FS 10 to 15 systems so... let;s say 8 systems with 20% speed same fleet as above

Distance
Duration
7:32:08 h
Deuterium consumption
speed max.
Cargo capacity

I want you all take in consideration that having a high striking force you need also recycles in a good ratio Crash ability/Recs, so think about the recs we need to FS as well.The above LGs fleet can generate a DF from 2,5 Bil up to 4 Bil depending on target, so 150-200K recs, balance in the game means ability to destroy but more than anything else capability to recycle.

A good cargo cap is basically defines how far an LG can be launched to. as pk provided current rate of feul consumption takes about only 1.5% of the total space. I am not sure what is the maximum range of a LG fleet, referring to how far u can hit with an LG fleet at 100% speed. for bombers and destryors the range is limited. i believe it should mimic that for LG too.

due to the high cost of launching and limiting the span to all around the player base this should put all level of players in the same page.

about the specs players such as pk and others who have LG already can provide the details.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Well, much like the Destroyer and Battlecruiser, it is a completely combat oriented ship. Therefore weapons, shielding and propulsion systems should take up majority space leaving little for extra cargo.

To match this I'd say no more than 3500 and no less than 2250.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Istalris wrote:Well, much like the Destroyer and Battlecruiser, it is a completely combat oriented ship. Therefore weapons, shielding and propulsion systems should take up majority space leaving little for extra cargo.

To match this I'd say no more than 3500 and no less than 2250.
I fully agree with this. Somewhere around 3k is just fine.
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough

I would suggest a 2000-2500 cargo. Because of deut comsumption it should be higher than most attack ships, however it should not be too high so as to be an easy farming ship, as this ship class is attacking, not farming, yet needs enough to be launched. Since BS have a cargo of 1500 and deut consumption of 500 (2/3 that of what LG appears to be going towards) then somewhere within this 2000-2500 range would suffice in my opinion.
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

Istalris wrote:Destroyer is 2000, and LG flies faster so uses more fuel, needs to be a tad higher than this. I think 2500 or 2750 is perfect.
It appears as though everyone is going to have LG fuel consumption lowered. If that is the case then, and they have a lower fuel consumption and higher speed than dessies, they should not have more cargo space.
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:
Istalris wrote:Destroyer is 2000, and LG flies faster so uses more fuel, needs to be a tad higher than this. I think 2500 or 2750 is perfect.
It appears as though everyone is going to have LG fuel consumption lowered. If that is the case then, and they have a lower fuel consumption and higher speed than dessies, they should not have more cargo space.
Lower than dessie would be terrible. Faster things consume more fuel on a flight, so it's not gonna have a lower fuel cost than the dessie when you actually use them. Lower than 2k capacity will just severely limit their effective range.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...