Re: [Implemented] defense upgrades

KarrothMelu wrote:
The wrote:PCs are already strong enough. No need to improve them even more

and add the +5% weapons for each plasma tech level for Bombers only (not PCs since they are fine as they are...maybe even to fine IMO :lol: )
I'm just going to point out that PC's aren't good at all for what they cost. The 5% boost was intended to counter that. Dex proved that with some mathz a while back: Defence structures statistics vs RIPS

Otherwise, I'm liking the direction this thread is going.

Everything blows against RIPs, that's why RIPs need changing, not every other ship or defense. :shock:
The fact that no ship has RF against PCs means they are strong. Very few players use RIPs for attacks, so no need to compare your defense with RIPs. Try Comparing PCs with lets say Destroyers since their cost is pretty much the same, and you'll see PCs are quite effective.

All i can say, that link you posted is meaningless since it only leads to something we already know: RIPs ARE TOO POWERFUL :?
They tried to affect it with LGs, but to be honest, that isn't the best solution at all.

Back to topic though...
SPY wrote:If u have RL stronger than what it is now ... why we need LL anymore? I figured since i started ze RL was always the ones to be used as fodders to draw in attacks. the same way u use LF or Probes in a fodder when u are against basic fleets like BS/BC. i do not find any use of them with much stronger attack powers. they already have a good sizable armor to sustain the attack points.
Never thought of it this way, and i gotta admit, it makes all the sense in the world. :P
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough

Ok, so I have a bit of a question. I understand that each Plasma tech upgrade gives a 5% boost to a PCs power, but how is the 5% bonus added into the equation? Does the 5% boost include weapons tech with it, or is it multiplied by the weapons tech, or is it all added separately?
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

The wrote:
KarrothMelu wrote:
The wrote:PCs are already strong enough. No need to improve them even more

and add the +5% weapons for each plasma tech level for Bombers only (not PCs since they are fine as they are...maybe even to fine IMO :lol: )
I'm just going to point out that PC's aren't good at all for what they cost. The 5% boost was intended to counter that. Dex proved that with some mathz a while back: Defence structures statistics vs RIPS

Otherwise, I'm liking the direction this thread is going.

Everything blows against RIPs, that's why RIPs need changing, not every other ship or defense. :shock:
The fact that no ship has RF against PCs means they are strong. Very few players use RIPs for attacks, so no need to compare your defense with RIPs. Try Comparing PCs with lets say Destroyers since their cost is pretty much the same, and you'll see PCs are quite effective.

That! :P / bump
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough