[Implemented] defense upgrades

Ok lets get the brains thinking on a different angle for multiple reasons.

To much effort is being made to improve 1 aspect of the game and totally neglecting the 2 other facets of game play here.Not that this new lunar ship thingy ma bob you guys are trying to wipe up isn't needed but the bottom line is it will be just another ship for the fleeters and the current game balance is in place for the top fleeters just to adapt at a faster curve rate then the rest of the base players.

Examples are rapid fire..fleeters got fatter faster because the loss of ships was extremely reduced to near or zero loses allowing profit margin to sky rocket..which in turn meant bigger fleets.

The improvment in Death Stars. Granted they should be the strongest as their speed is still slow and cost of 9 million resources is alot. The top fleeters once again adapted on a higher curve rate and so much so the top turtles are not near as scary as they was even 2 months ago..which leads me into why this thread is being started for those that choose the turtle life.

Instead of working on new structures or ships..how about we make some tweeks to exsisting structures that are currently a part of the game.

The Gauss and Plasma cannons are the subject here.For their cost to build and to only get a RF against probes is rather weak as i can't remember the last time i pawned anyone with defense with an armada of espi probes.
I see no reason why the Gauss can't have a RF against battleships of a modest number of 2 to 3
and Plasma have a RF against destroyers at the same rate of 2 to 3

there is a specific reason i say these 2 defensive structures and only against 1 ship type.RL and LL's are trivial in cost and can be mass produced..much like a fleeters LF and HF and therefore should not be granted a RF against ships. The gauss and plasma are the highest in firepower and structure points are most likely to survive beyond round 1 of battles.Plasmas endure to the end much like RiPS..as the RiPs are guaranteed to have their own round in battles regardless of their numbers.

Designed in this way you are now forcing the GC and PCs to focus on 1 specific ship type that is involved in the battle thus increasing the likely hood those ship types will take some loss in the battle and increase the attacker loses to a level that can and probably will deter them from even making the attack..all depending on the number of structures involved vs number of ships.But give them a reason to invest in these higher end structures and i see little reason why they wouldn't.It can be argued that enough PC's will stop a fleet now without RF..unfortuantely i can prove you wrong as i can and probably will take out Dex's 10k+ + his other defense of PC's now with zero loss(yes Dex i been watching son ;) ) Overwhelm is still the best tactic mainly to increase shield value and absorb the the incoming dmg.

before we get all gun-hoe about giving fleeters another ship lets give the turtles a cookie and improve other styles of game play 1st.My ships are not incoming dressed in girl scout uniforms so they won't get a cookie from me or my alliance mates.

ironic a fleeter is lobbying for turtles but this would/will be the best 1st step in coming up with a better balance in game play. something along these lines plus a rethinking on moon destruction formulas should take a frontline look before new ships or acs attack...and trust me if acs attack comes out first you are looking at a 5k RiP attack almost on a daily basis..and i'm positive the game can't handle that thought right now.

Re: defense upgrades

I agree that turtles should be strengthened, though I don't know if this is how. Since defences don't bring in profit like fleet or mines, they should have a little bit of kick to them. Maybe WSA is increased by 20% per level for them because they are "closer to the labs so more easily researched" or something.

I do agree with you here.

As for the 10k of PC's, I only found out now it was all a waste of money (see my topic i posted in the help section).
since the PC's and guas guns are like the worst defences you can build atm.
so im not building any more of them :evil:

The only advantage is that rips don't have RF against these structures, but still even with that there still of no use.

as you say the PC's and gaus will survive more rounds, but in most combat the losing party only does some damage(if any) in the first round.

for new players that dont sim alot its misguiding that the more expensive defences should be better.

these PC's and guas guns are only usefull for the new players that only have a few defences. but once you start mass producing defences they become useless.
In the zorg universe, if you go to sleep expect to smell napalm in the morning.

gumppy wrote: ironic a fleeter is lobbying for turtles but this would/will be the best 1st step in coming up with a better balance in game play. something along these lines plus a rethinking on moon destruction formulas should take a frontline look before new ships or acs attack...and trust me if acs attack comes out first you are looking at a 5k RiP attack almost on a daily basis..and i'm positive the game can't handle that thought right now.
Bringing that up, maybe adding RF over RIPs to PCs might be of help because even though a ship with RF over RIPs is coming out, it is still a ship and it still gives a debris field which still makes it a target. If not the PCs because a level 8 shipyard would be very hindering to a moon, maybe add the RF over RIPs to the GC which would require slightly less ship yard levels to the moon.

The simple fact is that LL are, bar-none, THE most powerful item in the game. PC and Gauss are some of the worst items.

All that needs to happen is LL need to be nerfed (slightly) and Pc/Gauss need to get some boosts, preferably just in the stats. RF won't really help much, I don't think.

Urweirdsaysi wrote:The simple fact is that LL are, bar-none, THE most powerful item in the game. PC and Gauss are some of the worst items.

All that needs to happen is LL need to be nerfed (slightly) and Pc/Gauss need to get some boosts, preferably just in the stats. RF won't really help much, I don't think.

i'm pretty p!ssed you didn't pass that joint my way weird. Only a hand full of people get to see the impact i see when dealing with turtle defenses. Currently RiP raiding is the rave..it is pretty much launch and forget it.

the idea is to make better use of the damage being fired by base defenses.

under the current engine there is wasted fire damage as everything fires on 1 ship type..the more ships involved less damage takin by fleeters and more damage caused to base defense without repercussion to the attacking fleet.

giving the PC GC RF against 1 specific ship allows for that damage to be spread across an entire attacking fleet and not all dmg going to 1 target at a time.

yes this is not dealing with RiPs atm but the 1st step has to be takin.

better get on it as my last count of people throwing hands up in the air and deleting or walking away from accounts in last 14 days is up to 35 and a couple could be by the overwhelming fleets power they are dealing with..

...something a revised player protection rule that a lot of the other games run where attack is based on % rather than a basic 1 number of 10,000 points and free gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S4DopH0mLY...which ends like that little warthog...gobbled at full speed. But that is a different topic for suggestions ;)