Re: [Implemented] defense upgrades

pupairo12 wrote:Oh, right. Can you make it so when you do an espionage report on someone their plasma tech level is automatically entered into the simulator. I just figured since everything else is, including your plasma tech, their's should be included too.
Noted and should be added soon.

Well, this thread is already 14 months old and we need to continue I guess in order to close this chapter in a.. timely fashion :lol:

In fact, long time planning is not bad, in contrary, it is very helpful.

We have got an idea recently to boost both unused defenses and ships.

An example:
Lets say that the most used defense right now is LL.
We adjust the ratings of Bomber, which is a ship not widely used, to WRECK Light lasers.
In the same time tweak RF of Rocket Launchers to WRECK Bombers.

With this simple move we could give meaning to both Bombers and Rocket Launchers.

Of course this is just an example, we have to carefully check all possible combos and end up with the best solution.
We are open to suggestions.

Torgard wrote:I thought the Plasma boost was to help Bombers to "WRECK" the Plasma Cannons.
I agree with this. I think BBs should wtf own Plasma's. :evil:
Torgard wrote: I think that adding a boost to the Rocket Launcher to counter the Bombers would be a great idea.
However, with this i don't agree. Add a few Rips behind a medium sized defense, and the Bombers get *** kicked. I think defenses are to strong already. Especially PCs and LLs, yet now PCs became even stronger. :?

That is why i totally agree with the last quote:
Torgard wrote:I don't think the Light Lasers need to be tampered with, they are pretty solid as they are now.
:P
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough

PCs are already strong enough. No need to improve them even more. However, RL and Bombers should be stronger.

Maybe shift the attack points of RLs from 80 to 90 or just lower their price to 2000 metal, and add the +5% weapons for each plasma tech level for Bombers only (not PCs since they are fine as they are...maybe even to fine IMO :lol: )
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough

If u have RL stronger than what it is now ... why we need LL anymore? I figured since i started ze RL was always the ones to be used as fodders to draw in attacks. the same way u use LF or Probes in a fodder when u are against basic fleets like BS/BC. i do not find any use of them with much stronger attack powers. they already have a good sizable armor to sustain the attack points.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

The wrote:PCs are already strong enough. No need to improve them even more

and add the +5% weapons for each plasma tech level for Bombers only (not PCs since they are fine as they are...maybe even to fine IMO :lol: )
I'm just going to point out that PC's aren't good at all for what they cost. The 5% boost was intended to counter that. Dex proved that with some mathz a while back: Defence structures statistics vs RIPS

Otherwise, I'm liking the direction this thread is going.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.