[Implemented] Message System Details

I have spent some time and gathered most of the suggestions on these forums regarding messaging system. Here they are:

-Outbox Folder
-Sent Folder
-Save message option
-Alliance Shoutbox
-Chat style to private messages
-Message deletion fix (And more deletion options)

Related:
-Most recent spy message gets an icon at galaxy screen that links to the report

Note that we are not very hot to issue any big changes to layout.

Feel free to add your opinion as we will shortly begin work on it as there is also the deletion bug involved with this and we are currently on the step of fixing all known bugs.

Re: Message System Details

Taking a guess with no basis but my own ideas: I'd say being able to see the history of the convo when you're writing back so you don't have to keep looking back.

Also, thumbs up Zorg :thumbup:
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

Istalris wrote:What's "Chat style to private messages"?
KarrothMelu wrote:Taking a guess with no basis but my own ideas: I'd say being able to see the history of the convo when you're writing back so you don't have to keep looking back.

Also, thumbs up Zorg :thumbup:

Dunno if any of you feel the need. but i always liked mass messages. it saves alot of time. so can we have cc in the message system?

also, if its not so difficult i would like to be able to post in another alliances circular box. but this messages has to be approved to be posted by alliance mod/owner or who ever has the right.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Two suggestions to add after going through some of the old stuff:

Ability to save an signature that automatically gets applied to the end of each PM you send.
- Original credit for this suggestion goes to Lakarin.

A minimize and maximize button on the header of each message that lets you expand and collapse on a message by message basis.
- Original credit for this suggestion goes to basket_case.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Messages sent is at the top of my list personally. When i play i often have 5 or 6 convos not counting chats, etc going. Gets very confusing and sometimes reply from one person to a different person not involved and becomes very confusing, not to mention if someone does not get back to you for a few hours. Being able to see what you've sent would be nice.
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:Messages sent is at the top of my list personally. When i play i often have 5 or 6 convos not counting chats, etc going. Gets very confusing and sometimes reply from one person to a different person not involved and becomes very confusing, not to mention if someone does not get back to you for a few hours. Being able to see what you've sent would be nice.
I think thats the reason why BR uses circs all the time :P or its just we like messaging in circs :whistle: