[Implemented]Why is manual moon creation is limited to 9.6K?

When a certain amount of df is created the moon chance that it generates is based on the size of the df. but what will be the moon size is completely random. based on that more all less all of the players from prior to having ruby use players tried one after another moon shots till they got a sufficient size of moon. by that i mean any moon that is bigger than 9.7KM diameter.

Recently that is from the announcement of rubies tobe used to buy bigger moons the moon sizes are restricted to 9.6KM by the programmers of the game. with using rubies you can buy a ruby that will varry from 9.5 to on ward bigger sizes. without it how many times you try moon shot the traditional way (the way it was meant to be) you can never get anything bigger than 9.59 K.

I do not see the point of restricting the original process the inherent game property that was incorporated aloong with other basic game mechanics, moon shots to provide moons of any size. you say ze is a free game, it is argued in many other sections of the game that this game is completely free. but with this restriction i see it is no more a donation rather selling of a vital feature in game on which the game balance is heavily dependent on.

This thread is a plea to the programmers and along with rest of the players to speak up their views on why we cannot have a 9.99K moon from our hard earned resource that we use to build the ships for moon shots to get moons?

is the donations that important then please by all means ask players to buy their account or rater buy out planets if u want to colonize more than 15 planets.

apart from that if u consider the experience ze players view they would tell u that this feature is really ( happy ? ) for the programmers to incorporate while there are moons from prior the restriction existed that are bigger 9.6K.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: Why is manual moon creation is limited to 9.6K?

I share Jedi's views[except the first part]and support spy.A moonshot should be able to go all the way up to 9.99 if this is a truly free game.not to say that rubies shouldn't be used because zorg does need income just that there should be a fully capable alternative.
Gale points:ummm to far behind to care and too long since I got one to remember

That which is written without effort is usually read without enjoyment.

Ok.

I disagree that it should be 9.999k as a maximum as it would make it too hard for fleeters to catch there prey and expand.

I would be happy to see it rise to 9.8k to show a challenge for us, but any higher would give an advantage to miners and turtles as fleeters would have too greater risks.

A happy medium i call it.

I rescind my statement about 10k. I feel that 9.8k is a good medium for the game as it is now.

9900 RIPs are needed to get 100% on a 9.8; if gumpps decided to launch all his RIPs at it, he'd have about a 65% chance. That's better than a coin flip. In comparison, you need 2450 RIPs to pop a 9.6; yes it seems rather high to the average player, but then again, does an average player hunt and pop moons relentlessly? Fleeting is supposed to be risky. When you build fleet, you make a gamble that you'll be better than everyone else and luckier to boot; that's always been part of the game. But having the max be 9.6 takes luck out of the equation.

Where the game is currently, I think 9.8 is perfect. We'll see if it is in a year though.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

Hmmm, we could tweak it. But any change in the manual way will always be met by the premium option as well. If we allow 9.8k manually for example, plus option will be reprogrammed at 9.8k as well.

We can include this change in the long list of forthcoming tweaks for X-TREME (like VMODE proposed changes & fixes, long vmoders out of ranking, new ships, techs etc)

In Standard it should be fine as it is.

For new universe a 9.95k since start sounds the best.