Re: Why is manual moon creation is limited to 9.6K?

Weresloth wrote:Istal, I think you missed the part where we said the current max is 9.6k
It's not, I've recently seen a moon pop up near me that is 9.903 in diameter.

Moons created in the usual way should not have their size limits stomped down, they should be left as orginally intended. Doing it this way means you are going to have to up the limit every 6 months or so when they become easier and easier to destroy. The reason the original moon size limit is 9.999-10.000 is because that removes this constant need for rebalancing. Why tamper with a system that constantly fixes itself as the game progresses?

The only benefit to further limiting moon size is for fleeters, to everyone else, it's a potential game breaker.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Weresloth wrote:Show me where.
Well I just checked and it was my mistake, 9.503 not 9.903. Sorry.

Nevertheless, I stand by my statement. If the moon limit is kept like this, sooner or later there will be no fine line between fleetsaving and no fleetsaving, you will lose your fleets just as easily if you do either. Tell me, what does the rest of the game do then? When the fleeters have enough firepower to destroy any moon they want with impunity, where no one is safe even if they play the game to perfection?

There is an old saying; If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

I like the idea of larger size moon chances. 9.8K or even 9.85K moons would be beneficial to every player that either wants to fleet save or use the moon to attack from. It would be more difficult to destroy those moons as more of them pop-up.
'Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No lamb for the lazy wolf.
No battle's won in bed.'

The Havermal (Viking Book of Wisdom)

The game worked great with 10ks. They were very rare and often expensive to get, so if you got lucky enough, you had a way to escape fleeters. Moon popping should not be for fleeters who want to destroy any moon in the game, like ol' fishy thinks, but a way to catch targets who use smaller moons. 9.8k+ are rare, and they clearly haven't stopped fleeters and put others on top, so why change it?