Re: [Approved PB] Elite Rec

The dev team will make an attempt to assemble the characteristics for this ship. Check my post on Nov 11, 2011: nothing has changed since my post there. We will take it by the hand to complete it, in respond to the continuous interest of the playerbase.

It will make it in MASSACRE universe, alongside with the improved Massacre Engine (Massacre Engine 1.1)

What needs to be discussed by the playerbase is the ship speed.
The cargo is final; it will be bigger in the expense of greater cost/cargo space in compare to recycler.

Rergarding speed, we have two options:
-Either slow and cheap consumption
-Or Fast and expensive consumption

You cannot get both. Cheap consumption and speed must still be higher than Elite Cargo.
Recycler might get some balancing tweaks with this introduction.

It might not be named Elite Recycler as it won't be a de facto better ship than recycler and therefore it should not confuse the players. You can't expect on a win-win ship; we don't want to replace recycler, we want to add a 2nd choice.

Implementation to other universes will not be imminent. A test-drive phase of even up to 6 months will be needed till we can get a revision perhaps, like we did with Lunar Guardian (two revisions I think, that ship got). Then, we will see IF it will be added in other universes, or not/

Re: [Approved PB Heavy] Elite Rec

Zorg wrote:Due to RF selection, adding new ships in Battle Engine V1.1 is improbable.

In contrary, MASSACRE engine can allow additions of new ships without issues. (Btw, we are also already building a new engine based on MASSACRE which will a delight for those that dislike randomization).
Better get that new engine rolled out soon Zorg, I can see Xtreme becoming a dead wasteland if all you do is add the new stuff to Massacre and leave us in the dark ages.

Should have thought about this a long time ago when you first designed the engine to be honest.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

getting back on topic, i play speed so i would like to chime in on the options offered a)slow and cheap consumption b) fast and expensive consumption. we have slow all ready. i think fast and expensive consumption would offer the best alternative choice to the normal rec. this i think would make both ships useful. the right ship for the job as it were.
If I cannot have your respect, your fear will do just fine.
It's to bad stupidity isn't painful

If there is one of these added, I would vote for slow and cheap. Possibly even slower than the original. In fact, rereading over the original posting of this reminds me of some good points that were made to me by Kick. I don't think a new recycler should be implemented. I believe that the new one would completely replace the old, just as the EC did the Large Cargo. It will take much of the timing needed and work required for fleetcrashing out of the game, imo.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

The current rec is already slow enough. The goal is to create options, and not replace the existing recycler. I still dont understand the reluctance to make the elite rec an improvement as we have better options for every basic ship except the recycler. But, I am not here to argue that. Faster and more expensive would be the more logical route in my opinion.

i do not agree that the EC has replaced the LC. I still use LC for transports and even more of them as fodder. I doubt that the faster rec would replace the current rec if the deut cost is high enough. it would only be logical to use it in a fast and furious hit of large proportion.
If I cannot have your respect, your fear will do just fine.
It's to bad stupidity isn't painful