Re: [Approved PB] Elite Rec

Thank you for your feedback. I have read the topic from the start once more and I believe that most are okay here; the rest will be ironed out from the dev team (i'm part of it anyway).

Regarding ship ideas and why this ship will be introduced in Massacre, check the reasons here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10537

Also, SPEED, Standard, X-TREME have a dedicated playerbase who have been playing with the same engine since the start. We cannot change the engines of these universe, we will not change the engine of any universe.

The massacre engine however, needs a revision as there have been none since it has been launched in October 2011. It has some weaknesses that have been identified. It is too destructive; RF is overly powerful.

Back on this idea, it is in our agenda for the forthcoming implementation Era (that will improve all universes).
For details on this Era, stay tuned here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10537

This idea will be perhaps last on the book as it will require a beta universe (a closed one though, only for devs) and has to be tested after the revision of massacre battle engine.

Zorg wrote:Also, SPEED, Standard, X-TREME have a dedicated playerbase who have been playing with the same engine since the start. We cannot change the engines of these universe, we will not change the engine of any universe.
Does this mean your decision is final and that Xtreme will never get any of the nice new stuff that Massacre gets?
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Main characteristics of the universe, such as speeds/storages/battle engines won't change. In short, things that ruin a long term planning of players. It would be disastrous to change such.

Ships may be added, but no testing on them any longer. Only a finished proven addition may make it (ie, if elite rec proves to be a good addition at the end, we will put it)
Other perks, such as the newbie missions (we are going to create) or menu improvements or even balancing ideas, will be conducted normally.

Massacre has the fresher population and the least dedicated one too. So it is a better choice to test new things. It also carries an engine which is more flexible.

jonnytman wrote:The current rec is already slow enough. The goal is to create options, and not replace the existing recycler. I still dont understand the reluctance to make the elite rec an improvement as we have better options for every basic ship except the recycler. But, I am not here to argue that. Faster and more expensive would be the more logical route in my opinion.
If you make a faster recycler with more space, you guys really dont think it'll obsolete the current ship?
Istalris wrote:
Pkromm wrote: all fleeters except Kick wants fast and cheap to run Recyclers

I'm a fleeter in Speed and still think making recs faster is bad idea, as much as I would like it, there has to be at least some challenge..
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Ace wrote:
jonnytman wrote: I am not here to argue that.

I was a bit off topic Ace, and didn't mean to steer the conversation in another direction. The question I was trying to answer was fast and expensive vs. Slow and cheap. The recycler had already been approved in the Massacre verse, and I wasn't trying to have a debate on that subject.

Istalris wrote:
Zorg wrote:Also, SPEED, Standard, X-TREME have a dedicated playerbase who have been playing with the same engine since the start. We cannot change the engines of these universe, we will not change the engine of any universe.
Does this mean your decision is final and that Xtreme will never get any of the nice new stuff that Massacre gets?

Since this has been approved back in 2013, can you update the progress of testing the new Elite Rec in Massacre? Also, can you give an estimated date when the new Elite Rec will arrive in Xtreme and the other Universes?

Can't wait for this awesome addition. (BTW, love the additional options in fleet speed 1 - 100 percent is great) ;)

The main reason i play on mass is because of the engine, it gives underdogs more of an edge. Sure, reduce the rf if you feel a need, but please dont numb it down or it will become no different from the other servers, its one of the defining features of this server for me.
Thank you so much for adding the ER :) its defiantly a good motivation to buy some more rubies ;)