Re: Elite Rec

Zorg wrote:Can someone explain to me how important this is ?
Adding a big recycler is much more of a fuss than adding a simple ship.
It is not vitally important at all, small recyclers still perform their job perfectly. However, a lot of people (myself included) are in the mindset that a big recycler would fit the evolution of the cargo ship and make sense.

It's not that simple though, recycling is a technique that has to be executed carefully, hence the slow speed of the recs. We can't just add a big one that is fast, it would defeat the purpose. Needs to be thought over carefully.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

The reason i see this ship necessary is just this, I've had to collect a Df the has taken me more then 210k recyclers, and elite recycler would collect more df then the current ones, i would personally make it slower then the current ones, due to its size. but those would be just my opinions
They may not like me, but they've gotta respect me!

Zorg said:

Can someone explain to me how important this is ?
Adding a big recycler is much more of a fuss than adding a simple ship.

Ista said:
It is not vitally important at all, small recyclers still perform their job perfectly. However, a lot of people (myself included) are in the mindset that a big recycler would fit the evolution of the cargo ship and make sense.
For fleeters what count is speed not size, to synchronize attack and recycle mission we lose some precious minutes and that can be enough to lose the target.

So the real implementation would be recs with impulse eng same as ECs. What matters if we send 10000 Recs or 10 recs the speed and the deut cost is what matters.

Having recyclers that are too fast, ie on impulse engine, would make things too easy in my opinion. I would rather be for a cheap to launch massive sized one that is slower. Then both recycling ships would be useful, the large ones for slow-launches and the regular ones for other launches :)
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

Since I am mentioned as someone who brought the idea, along with Gozar, I might as well throw a few cents of mine.

When I mentioned it, I wasn't thinking about a massive storage capacity (though it would be great, but no more than 200-250k).

I had in mind a recycler that is cheaper to launch and a bit faster, since, just like PK mentioned, with massive hits every second counts. People don't like wasting 10s of millions in deuterium just so the defender comes back, jumps or builds a few recs, and gets the DF, or if they decide to wait and launch their fleet so it lands few secs before the recs, the defender comes online and just moves... :Doh:

I stil think they should be slower than other ships, but faster than usual recs, so i suggest a 3500-4000 base speed.
True friends stab you in the front.

personally i would rather see something more on the lines of
10 shields
1 attack
1.000.000 cargo space
4.000 base speed (impulse engine based)
500 deut consumption

1.500.000 metal 7.500.000 crystal 2.00.000 deut

for the ships building cost it is way more expensive. to build these then for the amount they would be recycling the pay back would be reduced deut consumption and higher speeds. and still a useless ship to launch or raids :)

and i totally agree with PK.
nothing like launching recs on a 40 minute 1 way trip. launch the 10 minute attack so it lands 1 sec before the recs. and 3 minutes before impact they log in and send you a smily face and your out 10 to 60m deut. most of us always have to hide from a bigger dog and some times our schedules prevent use from playing. personally my fleet only has 1/3 the recs i should have, but even with that the deut consumption raps me durring the week so its not worth me staying out of V_mode while i'm working. more so if i gotten the required recs for my fleet.
was funny and edgy taking 6 rec runs to clean up a Debris Metal:2.436.175.500 Crystal:1.162.501.200 at 14 minutes one way trip 1 system over with lvl 16 combustion engines. i'm shocked i was able to get it all
how i'm still around.... no one knows...

Recycling is purely a speed factor, if you make a faster rec it will completely defeat the purpose. Recycling is supposed to be slow to force an aggressor to think about what he/she is doing rather than just have it easy.

The main points for an elite rec I think are the following:
  • Should have a better capacity to cost ratio than the original rec, so something like the capacity of 25 for the price of 15-20.
  • Should have a better fuel to cost ratio than the original rec, so something like the fuel cost of 15-20 recs for the recycling power of 25.
  • Speed should not change (maybe slower but definitely not faster) and should still use the combustion engine, just a higher tech requirement to build.
The game is easy enough as it is with all the discrepancies, no need to give everyone an easy button fast recycle too..
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...