Re: [Approved PB Heavy] Elite Rec

Due to RF selection, adding new ships in Battle Engine V1.1 is improbable.

In contrary, MASSACRE engine can allow additions of new ships without issues. (Btw, we are also already building a new engine based on MASSACRE which will a delight for those that dislike randomization).

I will continue with our general policy which results in reluctancy to add new ships to the game. We have added only 2 ships to date these being:
-Lunar Guardian -> Very useful ship that creates a lot of strategies
-Elite Cargo -> A weak ship that is very handy, making transports easy.

Especially for Elite Cargo, it was a big decision but eventually we made it expensive to build and weak in battles but very handy (I won't analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the two other cargos but ECs still are strategically very balanced in compatre to these 2).

Many ship types sound well for a lot of people but they are not necessarily improving the game. We are aware of this and we prefer to improve current ships and defenses instead of adding more and more ships. This results in much more balance of the game which in turns results in better strategies. To backup my sayings, just look at the small tweaks we did in MASSACRE. Who can say they were good for strategy and who can say they were not ? (Btw, these tweaks could be adapted to other universes if you want them).

Now, for Elite Recycler, there is really a very small necessity. Of course it would be handy but it is not like a transport where you need to do many and mainly for yourself. It messes with a very sensitive issue which is debris field collection and this can create imbalance (read posts by users who address this issue for details)

At first this idea has been approved by many but lately and recently I can see a lot of people that are against it. Still, we can continue discussion and get the full details of the proposal and perhaps we could incorporate in a future version of ZE with lots of ships (for those that like to have dozens of ship types).

Adding this type of ship to one of the existing universes is very unlikely as it stands now.

Finally, regarding to details that need to be finalized, these are all the ship details. From speed to rf selection. Armor,shields,costs etc. It is hard for the average player to put an idea on it so we do not expect exact values but we do expect an idea based on comparison with current recycler.

For example, as I already saidm the Elite Cargo has been created in comparison to the other 2 existant ships that did the same job. We have not created the super cargo but the Elite Cargo. The Elite cargo has advantages but also disavantages to both small and large cargo and this is what we are after.

Re: [Approved PB] Elite Rec

How about tweaking the current recycler a bit.
- Double the carrying capacity
- Increase the weapon strength
- Add the ability to defend DF's (With 1-6 hour holding times.)
- Increase RF against (If weapon strength is increased to keep the playing field level.)
- Increase the speed (At least in the speed server, they are god awful slow as compared to the other ships.)
I'll take 96.875%

I like scag's idea of tweaking the speed of the current recycler ,and if implemented,and for what it's worth, would withdraw my support for the elite recycler.Not sure the other suggestions would be very beneficial to gameplay though but open to have my mind changed, but not really a fan of change just for change sake.
I think a lot of suggestions and tweaks proposed are in frustration at the drop in the active player base and if we could find a way to start addressing this then a lot of the cries for new ships and tweaks would diminish some.Imho you have a good game already that only needs the odd minor tweak but would love to see you try and address the dwindling player base with players going blue instead of engaging or worse still going inactive after getting crashed.This would not be so rife if it was less claustrophobic with players having to revisit the same players again and again because of lack of options.
You have your work cut out,but hope you can come up with a solution as it would be a shame to see it get any worse,bit off topic I know but I seriously think a lot of the tweaks proposed are fueled by frustration at lack of active players and fleets.
rgrds Mac

Scag wrote:How about tweaking the current recycler a bit.
- Double the carrying capacity
- Increase the weapon strength
- Add the ability to defend DF's (With 1-6 hour holding times.)
- Increase RF against (If weapon strength is increased to keep the playing field level.)
- Increase the speed (At least in the speed server, they are god awful slow as compared to the other ships.)
Not a bad suggestion...but just that one ;)

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

I like the idea, just throwing this one out there should it be decided to not add another ship to the mix.

How about having cargo ships come along? Perhaps limit them to a fourth of their hold capacity etc.

The idea being that the cargo ship stays at the periphery of the DF while the recycler collects and brings it back to the cargo ship