Especially for an idea that messes with:
-Galaxy icon, options
-Fleet save strategies
-Game economy
-Battle outcomes
-RF ratings
-Total fleet cargo
-etc (I am sure I miss points here)
More discussion people, we need to see this through to the end ;)
Its clear that everyone approves the idea so just saying "I like it" is not enough :P
We are not proposing an ordinary ship but one that will have an influence in many areas of ZE.

Zorg brings up many points here that do need discussing, firstly there is the use in the galaxy.

1. If you have two lots of recyclers (Norm and ER) and hover over a DF in galaxy view and click recycle, which recycler gets sent? (Taking into consideration the DF size, the speed of both types of recs and their fuel costs)

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

Re: [Approved PB Heavy] Elite Rec

Cypher wrote:
Zorg wrote:
Especially for an idea that messes with:
-Galaxy icon, options
-Fleet save strategies
-Game economy
-Battle outcomes
-RF ratings
-Total fleet cargo
-etc (I am sure I miss points here)
More discussion people, we need to see this through to the end ;)
Its clear that everyone approves the idea so just saying "I like it" is not enough :P
We are not proposing an ordinary ship but one that will have an influence in many areas of ZE.

Zorg brings up many points here that do need discussing, firstly there is the use in the galaxy.

1. If you have two lots of recyclers (Norm and ER) and hover over a DF in galaxy view and click recycle, which recycler gets sent? (Taking into consideration the DF size, the speed of both types of recs and their fuel costs)
maybe in the options you can check mark witch is your primary recycler.

The idea dor a huge recycle ships sounds good when you look at the stats. But what about pratical use. I do not really see the need for such a ship. :lol:

1. Timing is very important, the field never lasts long.
2. A ship that size will cost a lot to build.
3. If it is in your fleet it is likely to be destroyed.
5. Debris feilds are good getting a moon

Instead of thinking of bigger ships that give more advantages for the big players. Why not think of better ways for a starting empire to grow easily. Maybe then we would have more players actively playing with a good size to theire empires. :D

Here are some ideas.
1. A larger shield defence system
2. A minimum spec before you can get attacked. Depending on the players level and attackers level.
3. A player trading system, for trading resourses. Could allways add ( building type ) for that ability
4. A faster growth for new players in begining

Just a few suggestions :dance:

Not relating to anything, but I feel I need to nip this in the bud.
CougarKharne wrote:5. Debris feilds are good getting a moon
Moons are created instantly in the CR. If you don't have a moon directly resulting from the battle, you're not going to get a moon. Don't leave the DF sitting there.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

Not to mention his post has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

If this minor detail is all that is holding up the implementation of this ship, then I am dumbfounded. I don't even see this being an issue honestly. Take the EC vs LC for example....I keep a handful of lc around only for a Ms, otherwise they are utterly useless once the EC is unlocked. I would assume the regular rec would go the same way as the lc once a faster, bigger, and stronger ship is unlocked to replace it.

Any of these ideas would be satisfactory, lets just get these boys implemented ASAP.

You are right my post is only a little related to the topic. True an elite ship like that would be nice. It has many benefits. ease of use stronger shields etc. It does also have some disadvantages aswell. costly to build, risky to use in fleets when attack, etc. If zorge will add it , then okay. How long has this topic been running now :?

I was only mentioning something else that would be of more benefit to the game for everyone. Not only the big guns. Elite ships are mostly for the big boys and girls. :D
Last edited by CougarKharne on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harryballsac wrote:Not to mention his post has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

If this minor detail is all that is holding up the implementation of this ship, then I am dumbfounded. I don't even see this being an issue honestly. Take the EC vs LC for example....I keep a handful of lc around only for a Ms, otherwise they are utterly useless once the EC is unlocked. I would assume the regular rec would go the same way as the lc once a faster, bigger, and stronger ship is unlocked to replace it.

Any of these ideas would be satisfactory, lets just get these boys implemented ASAP.
I think this is just the tip of the iceberg, the RF values and increase in profits for the larger players is most likely the major points that slow down the idea. In anycase by supporting the idea it means players accept the resulting battle influences and recycling profits.

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

I dont see the use in an elite recycler, for the advantages/ benefits that come with an ER I can just as easily not waste the resources for the research that would be involved and just build more recyclers.
This ship really adds nothing to the game it actually subtracts from it, because now all of the people that have large amounts of recyclers can now build a single ship to replace them.
I still think my idea about the DF Defender/ Interceptor ship added alot more to the game than a ship(ER) that makes another ship(Rec) obsolete.

A faster recycler with a larger holding capacity versus the ability to defend a DF and then in advanced scenarios using DF's to ninja other peoples interceptors.
Adding to the game versus subtraction, sounds like a no-brainer to me.
I'll take 96.875%