Re: [Evaluation Needed] level

The medals can be implemented alongside with the new statistics system we are currently designing. There will be weekly stats there, so we can have weekly medals awarded for different categories (some mentioned here, ie what Cypher listed).

Medals can be 1 to 5 or 1 to 10, according to type. Some types can be weekly and other monthly(to avoid hoarding of certain medals :P)

Each medal will have its own icon and they can appear in player profiles indeed.

Finally, we can keep one extra page with the medals each player has hoarded to date.

Badges

This is another suggestion to keep newer players. but it's long so i thought to create a new topic

Zorg, have you ever thought of adding Badges to the game? They are symbolic, but brings a great sense of accomplishment to new players. Many computer/video games have implemented this idea, as well as game sites such as newgrounds or kongregate. (not advertising, just giving examples) as well as xbox online etc.

Adding badge is a way for players to look at their own accomplishment instead of always compare it to the top dogs. It adds small milestones that players can look forward to accomplish.

some sample ideas of badges:

Complete 10 / 100 / 500 / 1000 raids
Successfully defend 10 / 30 / 50 / 100 attacks
Hold 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 / 50 / 100 million of resources without spending them
Achieve 100 / 1000 / 10000 / 100,000 points
Create 1 / 2 /3 moons
Destroy 1 / 2 / 3 moons

etc..

each badge would have a corny name of course, such as badge of assault, masterful attacking, adapted fleeter, etc... and can be seen on Profile page when you click their name in game. (or maybe set as a title next to their name or something)

There should be clear instructions on how to obtain next badge, like a mission, that guides new players to advance

I would imagine it's not hard to implement this.
Moo...

Re: Badges

Cypher wrote:Here is another topic outlining the medal/badges idea that you describe:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6638
Cypher Can you bump it please so we can view it.

Do i like this idea, **** yes i love it!

I believe there should be rewards for certain level achievments, people get obssessed with hitting objectives.

Your first death star, reaching 100 deaths stars, reaching 10,000 light lasers, Reaching 100 raids, reaching 1000 raids, reaching level 10 Metal mine etc. Each level should come with some kind of reward whether its rubies or a defence boost/ Attack boost or maybe if you reach a massive milestone you get a free ship of your choice or you get to build a free metal mine level up...

You could have it under the 'Player Menu', By god the list could be endless but players will be obssessed about there achievements.

I also feel that maybe you could have an automatic pop up when you log into view how you are doing and a rankings page to see how many achievements you have made incomparison to others.

Lets get all over this like a fat boy on a cup cake.

Re: [Evaluation Needed] level

/bump also changed the title of the topic to a more informative name

Any more feedback/support for this suggestion as it seems quite popular

Edit:

How about rather than basing the earning of medals/achievements off your ranking,
you earn the staged achievements off completing the game tutorials?

i.e to unlock a higher building achievement/medal you need to follow the next mission in the game tutorial
Walshy wrote: GOLD
Now you have shown a good daily infrastructure we would like to see you really advance those mines.
- Metal Mine 30,
- Crystral Mine 30
- Deut Mine 30
Reward
Metal 5,000,000 Crystal 2,500,000 Deut 1,000,000
Would unlock a new medal that would replace the earlier building medal

PLATINUM
Show now how to be a great miner and build a massive Metal Mine, Crystal and Deut mine to show a true Miners skill
- Metal Mine 40
- Crystal Mine 35
- Deut Mine 35
Reward
Metal 50,000,000.
This achievement would unlock a new medal that would replace the one you earned in the GOLD mining mission/target

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

Re: [Evaluation Needed] Achievements and Medals

This all adds to game tutorials... Can we add them together or something?
I will work on all levels but its just an idea i need to really extend on.

But its basically the equiverlant of missions and players like targets.

It can be added to our profile also as to how many awards we have got.

there should be random rewards as well.

So September is to build 3 death stars and you get a death star as a reward... Stuff like that, just to encourage players to want to stay.

Or maybe you introduce a new ship but you can only have it if you unlock it in the month of September or you will never have it, things like this encoruage players to stay and also allow players to have different ships to others.
I will to some extensive work.

Not to mention games but Runescape have a mission basis and offer weekly and monthly attempts to gain new advancements, so different players have different things.

So a player cant be online for a week but other players will get the next ship, the following week a new ship and vice versa, so much you can do on this and all it will do is encourage new and old players to play, they wont care if you are attacked because there are other aspects of fun within the games and the rankings will just be a rankings page.

Just like in Runescape, i dont care that there are 1,000,000 players ranked higher, i just like going through my personal achievements which is something that ZE needs to keep players, bring in more players and build a big base of players.

Say you miss a mission that was only up for a week, you can buy it for 50 rubies or something.. I know this sounds harsh to non paying members, but they are not losing out because a ship name 'The Annaconda' could have all the same spec as a cruiser, its just the fact that you have a ship called 'The Anaconda' with a different picture to add to your shipyard for building. This offers no disadvantage to any player in the game just a different ship name with the same specs. So you ask 'why have it'. Because its new and because players and people like new things, they like missions, we like new ships and implementing new ship names with same spec wont be hard for ZE to build.

Also players love missions and tasks. What you need to do to extend the game is distract people from the only thing this game currently offers and thats 'Rankings'. If you offer missions, new ships (with same specs as others) then the game beomes bigger and something special and players will never get bored of there next medal and award to add to there profile.