[Implemented] Options - Select Background Theme: [NONE]

I consider myself at the lower end of internet service user and often my net speed gets so bad that its really hard to play with images on. i was hoping if an option can be added to the current list of background theme where we can just select [None]. it will be a load of help for us who use dial-up class internet.

thanks.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: Options - Select Background Theme: [NONE]

i am sure there are others actually.
The current image loading is as follows.

Using CSS background images: If you have a large image to load or many small images that are not essential for the app, consider moving them from img tags to background images in a CSS selector. The document will start loading and rendering instead of waiting for all the images to load. Some browsers won’t even display the page until all the images are downloaded and this should solve that.

it is obviously a faster method to use images on a browser for not letting it lag on the preload. but as this game involves alot of page walk through (fleet menu/galaxy view) each time the browser shows delayed activity as the render of the back ground image is in progress.

a intuitive work around to this issue would be to add a color skim. which demands a bit of user end processing but with the contemporary hardware logistics it is negligible (considering only pc not mobile phones; cell phones may face problems).

Load images in Javascript: If you have a few large images (say for a front page news bulletin), it maybe best to preload them using new Image() while displaying a loading indicator. This will at least get the rest of the site loaded and processed.

i hope i can point the dev team where the issue lies exactly.

Re: Options - Select Background Theme: [NONE]

creed wrote:LOL i have dial up but my ZE loads instantly lol its only lags on chat when the room is full
so do you support this or not? if u are indifferent and just felt like posting please not this is not a bug post that ur remarks are appreciated. dont just post unnecessarily.

and just because u are not having issues with dial-up at ur end doesnt mean others dont.