[Approved] When will the attack tables be put on Delay...

Once again I ask ZE to re look at the attack tables... I just attacked a player who forgot to be online when his fleet returned... So I recycled it for him...

All part of the game...yet I now feel some what guilty...I of course had a few follow ups on there way..But before they arrived I rescanned his planets to find * on all of them...yet he was still off line...

Fact...my hit appears of the attack tables instantly...so this poor player is then farmed by all in all galaxies...giving him no chance...

In my opinion this will just cause players to quit the game... being hit once or twice is bad enough but to be repeatedly attacked by every player able to.. is almost gang rape.

I just can not believe it would be hard for the dev team to put in a small delay factor on this showing ..say till next update would give some players a chance...

I would ask the player base to vote on this change.. It is the best interest of all.

Re: When will the attack tables be put on Delay...

Maybe make the entire stat tables update at something like 6 hour intervals, 4 times per day. Gives you the same as it does now but forcing raiders to rely on their own tracking skills, I don't think anybody needs to look at updated stats every 10 minutes, and this also puts less strain on the server, which is always a good thing.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

I agree there should be a delay in the Stats being posted,,, perhaps 24 hrs as is the norm in such games as this. I admit.. I do pick victims from the Defenders list as they appear..especially at Server Reset on Saturdays,,easy pickings for the first few hrs... I believe this would not be hard to do for Developers... and would help keep active players active. Just a thought. 8-)
MY KARMA RAN OVER YOUR DOGMA

MASTERS OF CHAOS-Extreme

when the Scoreboard first came out I said that it gives away far too much information straight away and players will be like vultures over the fleetless victim. So I agree to at least a long delay on updating Scoreboard.......as I see it (from all comments above) that's all there is to agree on.....6, 12 or 24 hours till update on Scoreboard....or other :D

While the points update is a well engrained hunting tool, it's not to late to change up the "weekly top" and "alliance top". It might even be interesting to do away with the charts entirely, but continue to post last weeks winners. You would be producing a blind competition rather that a day to day fight up the ladder.

While I don't see that happening I will let the concept reflect my answer as to how often do delay the update. That being, as long as possible up to one week.

However, the tables should definately still exist in modified form. This is a game and by definition a competition. I would even like the old scoreboard, except the fact it gives away your down ships.
Outside the box? What box?

Okay, so I have read all the comments regarding the stats for the Defenders. I believe the stats are important for the Alliances and for individual players too. However, how about just hide the Defender stats altogether until server reset (Stats Reset). Then you can view who was on the list from the previous week.

Seeing the stats for Attackers, Climbers and Raiders should be left the way they are now. This would give the player base a good idea of who is out to get their fleet and resources. It also allows hits to be anonymous until the server reset (Stats Reset).

Just my 2 cents. ;)

Edit - When I said Server reset, I meant resetting the stats. :)
Last edited by Torgard on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.