Re: When will the attack tables be put on Delay...

Doomrager wrote:
jonnytman wrote:I would be fine with a delay of any timeframe. I would actually prefer a checkbox that would take me out of the Weekly Top poll all together.
Thought I had posted, but I completely agree with this.

I think you had posted in another thread. This discussion spans a handful of threads, and I may have posted similar thoughts in one of the other topics.

Re: When will the attack tables be put on Delay...

-Death- wrote:Delays are much more coding then 1 realizes and a more simple solution and one that would actually solve the issue of gang rape is just remove defenders portion but we can go into more detail as to stats that would be more interesting to watch than climbers of the week and defenders.

Top attackers is ok
Top resources raided is ok
Dump climbers (reason) any new account that earns 1 ranking point jumps at least 200 spots 5 points and they jump 2000..so really not that fun to watch every week Dump Defenders for obvious reasons that i stated when the current tracking was introduced.
---in their place Add
1)number of raids launched and/or a resource/per raid (prolly the latter cause someone will just hit an inactive in same system 1000 times with probes to get #1 spot)
2)planet resources generated (a stat actual miners can compare themselves with and openly compete)

sure someone else would like to see something of interest that could be tracked but these 2 should fair better then their counterparts currently
I also prefer this idea over a delay. And as a solution to that top climbers comment, maybe we could change the stat to who earned the most points in a week, or something like that.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Re: [Approved] When will the attack tables be put on Delay..

Just commenting on the post above...

-Removing defenders portion sounds like a good idea. But we can achieve the delay mechanism in a few developing hours, I am sure. Isn't this better?

The rest are a bit off topic but I will comment anyway:
-Probe raiding will be deactivated. Probes will not be able to join you in attacks any longer so enjoy it while you still can. This will happen soon in Massacre and no playerbase confirmation will be asked - Massacre generally as I have noted earlier is going to be the developer's playground. For the rest 3 universes we will have the playerbase agree first but I really don't think anyone will disagree on this -even the ones that use the tactic-.

-I am sure that you would love mining stats but we are not really sure we want to add such stats as it would encourage more mining and we already got a lot of it.

Ace wrote:I don't think a delay would be much help. It still allows other players to see who is at their weakest, even if they've had several hours to rebuild.
I disagree... as soon as first good hit shows in Scoreboard.. the "Dog Pile" starts. With a delay.. it is very possible that Fleet would be only losses incurred.. if not online by the time the Scoreboard shows you hit..you deserve to be bashed into oblivion... but to be 30 mins late for FS.. and find you have been Hammered Universally... :Doh: There is a difference between Weakened and just plain Raped.. a Scoreboard delay..could make that difference for someone you know. :think:
MY KARMA RAN OVER YOUR DOGMA

MASTERS OF CHAOS-Extreme

Zorg wrote:-Probe raiding will be deactivated. Probes will not be able to join you in attacks any longer so enjoy it while you still can. This will happen soon in Massacre and no playerbase confirmation will be asked - Massacre generally as I have noted earlier is going to be the developer's playground. .

+1 It's an old strategy but still in use by some lol. Great idea to call time on it :D

Zorg wrote:
-Probe raiding will be deactivated. Probes will not be able to join you in attacks any longer so enjoy it while you still can. This will happen soon in Massacre and no playerbase confirmation will be asked - Massacre generally as I have noted earlier is going to be the developer's playground. For the rest 3 universes we will have the playerbase agree first but I really don't think anyone will disagree on this -even the ones that use the tactic-.

just set them to not be able to pick up resources, probes are good fodder, me and my buddies have made strategies that rely on probes. getting rid of them is crippling.