Re: [Approved] When will the attack tables be put on Delay..

Hatter wrote:
Ace wrote:I don't think a delay would be much help. It still allows other players to see who is at their weakest, even if they've had several hours to rebuild.
I disagree... as soon as first good hit shows in Scoreboard.. the "Dog Pile" starts. With a delay.. it is very possible that Fleet would be only losses incurred.. if not online by the time the Scoreboard shows you hit..you deserve to be bashed into oblivion... but to be 30 mins late for FS.. and find you have been Hammered Universally... :Doh: There is a difference between Weakened and just plain Raped.. a Scoreboard delay..could make that difference for someone you know. :think:
I swear that I meant to say "wouldn't help". Apostrophes and a lack of confuse the hell out of my mobile.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Zorg wrote:
-Removing defenders portion sounds like a good idea. But we can achieve the delay mechanism in a few developing hours, I am sure. Isn't this better?
I agree with the above quote. ;)

Zorg wrote: The rest are a bit off topic but I will comment anyway:
-Probe raiding will be deactivated. Probes will not be able to join you in attacks any longer so enjoy it while you still can. This will happen soon in Massacre and no playerbase confirmation will be asked - Massacre generally as I have noted earlier is going to be the developer's playground. For the rest 3 universes we will have the playerbase agree first but I really don't think anyone will disagree on this -even the ones that use the tactic-.
First of all what does this have to do with the topic?? This should be a separate discussion. Or if you decide this is a new imposition then it should be posted by itself.

That being said, I agree with removing the ability of using probes to gain resources when sent on attack. I don't agree removing the ability to send probes on attack.

There should be a way to remove the cargo space of a probe. This will allow players to still send probes on attack - as we send probes on a quick attack to get moons. If that ability is taken away, you are significantly impacting the game play of many players. And that is not right.

Please spend some time fixing the cargo space of the probe instead of removing the ability to attack with probes. Just my 2 cents but I believe several will agree with me on this. :)

Last edited by Torgard on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zorg wrote: -I am sure that you would love mining stats but we are not really sure we want to add such stats as it would encourage more mining and we already got a lot of it.
I really don't care what is in the weekly scoreboard, but I disagree with this comment.

Since so much damage can be achieved with just a handful of ships, i.e. suicide rips/lg's, for many there is little motivation to create larger fleets. All they have to do is build a couple ships and take no risk shots at people who took the time and effort to build up a sizeable fleet. Imo, that encourages mining more than any stat on a scoreboard ever would. It seems that many only build up enough to raid efficiently and not be completely crippled if they make a mistake and get crashed. And if they see a large fleet that they can take a chunk out of, all it takes is a minute or two of build time.

Others mine in order to create a game/real life balance.
Some may mine because they are at their core non-aggressive people.

What it comes down too is, miners are gonna mine for a variety of reasons. Giving them a stat won't change that, giving them a battle engine that encourages fleeting might.

Torgard wrote: That being said, I agree with removing the ability of using probes to gain resources when sent on attack. I don't agree removing the ability to send probes on attack.

There should be a way to remove the cargo space of a probe. This will allow players to still send probes on attack - as we send probes on a quick attack to get moons. If that ability is taken away, you are significantly impacting the game play of many players. And that is not right.

Please spend some time fixing the cargo space of the probe instead of removing the ability to attack with probes. Just my 2 cents but I believe several will agree with me on this. :)

[/b]
Maybe the idea was just that....no storage capacity.......if not it seems the simpler solution. Plenty people use probes as added fodder or for fast moon shots as part of their game play and should continue to do so :D

jonnytman wrote:
Zorg wrote: -I am sure that you would love mining stats but we are not really sure we want to add such stats as it would encourage more mining and we already got a lot of it.
I really don't care what is in the weekly scoreboard, but I disagree with this comment.

Since so much damage can be achieved with just a handful of ships, i.e. suicide rips/lg's, for many there is little motivation to create larger fleets. All they have to do is build a couple ships and take no risk shots at people who took the time and effort to build up a sizeable fleet. Imo, that encourages mining more than any stat on a scoreboard ever would. It seems that many only build up enough to raid efficiently and not be completely crippled if they make a mistake and get crashed. And if they see a large fleet that they can take a chunk out of, all it takes is a minute or two of build time.

Others mine in order to create a game/real life balance.
Some may mine because they are at their core non-aggressive people.

What it comes down too is, miners are gonna mine for a variety of reasons. Giving them a stat won't change that, giving them a battle engine that encourages fleeting might.
This. And I would just like to ask why you are condemning mining so much in your posts Zorg? It is a legitimate game strategy, not everything revolves around fleeting you know, if you don't want people to mine, redesign the game to not include mining..

Coming from a game developer, your comment was extremely short sighted and not a great way to appeal to what is no doubt a sizeable portion of your playerbase.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Zorg wrote: -Probe raiding will be deactivated. Probes will not be able to join you in attacks any longer so enjoy it while you still can. This will happen soon in Massacre and no playerbase confirmation will be asked - Massacre generally as I have noted earlier is going to be the developer's playground. For the rest 3 universes we will have the playerbase agree first but I really don't think anyone will disagree on this -even the ones that use the tactic-.
This eliminates most moonshots, and this eliminates use of probes as fodder.

That's a major gamechanger just to prevent a few from benefiting from their realization that a huge investment in probes can currently pay for itself. I do not employ the tactic myself, but am in no way disturbed by those who do. If this is a tactic game developers hope to discourage (and I don't see why we're discouraging it, yet would appreciate being provided the rationale) - then it can surely be discouraged by limiting probe cargo space. Limiting probe cargo space would also have that benefit of dissuading probes over such long distances as to stretch credulity.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.