Re: IPM Spam limitation or work around

IPM attacks should not be in spy reports.
Attacker should receive a report on effect of IPM impact.
Wanting to use this as a way to ban a Player, is pathetic.
MY KARMA RAN OVER YOUR DOGMA

MASTERS OF CHAOS-Extreme

don't think so, i have had to reprobe after ipms on 3 different versions of zorg
RL has been a b****. maybe for once I can stay around long enough to make a name for myself...

~the V-mode Fleeter~

Having no limit on IPMs really is inconsistent with the other policies.

IPMs don't calculate until activity happens on the planet according to Zorgs previous posts.

This supposedly saves server strain, though that does not make sense considering its been mentioned that the servers have plenty of resources.

the other obvious point is everyone probes right after to see what is left, so essentially you are already processing it in near real time Zorg.

put a limit on the number of ipm per day to be consistent with other policies and have it process realtime as well.

Hatter wrote:IPM attacks should not be in spy reports.
Attacker should receive a report on effect of IPM impact.
Wanting to use this as a way to ban a Player, is pathetic.
Technically speaking according to the player rules this is a bannable issue. Are we not supposed to play by rule or just find ways to exploit it like your mate is doing?

And to be perfectly clear read the thread head. this thread was to find an work around so that IPM shower can not result in BAN, gosh use your brain for crying out loud. Until that happens IPM shower falls in that category of ban. So please be sensible in working towards finding a solution not butt head in to hinder results.

As per rules you cannot IPM shower. If you wanna IPM shower support this thread so that it is taken out of Probe report queue.

anyways zorg is still not responding to this one i guess there is no point in having this topic discussed any farther. like many other this is also pointless.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

4. Bashing
It is not allowed to attack any given planet or moon owned by a player over 5 times in a single 24 hours period.

Bashing is only allowed when your Alliance is at war with another Alliance.
The War must be announced on the official Zorg Empire Forums, under Alliances thread.

Note: Attacking fleets that are completely destroyed and Interplanetary missile attacks do not count towards the bashing rule. Moon destruction missions do count towards the bashing rules.

Take note of last part. There is another purpose for IPM no one ever uses, because they dont understand the game fully in all aspects, and I do not care to share what it is. Stop whining already, it would only be considered spam if I was launching nonstop at nothing, or small Ipm waves. I was using maximum payloads, and stopped once defenses were out. there were maybe a few that went through that hit nothing, but they were long range attacks I did probe and stopped once I saw no more were needed.

Now I stopped since you havent done anytbing back, so do something or keep whining, I will resume, again take note, within game rules, your making your self look like a baby on this one crying for rule changes so you dont get owned

you really have no idea what is the reason behind this post do you? go back and read back from post one maybe a second time will give u some sort of notion on what and why this is.

So now on topic :o the spam part is game flaw as IPMs probably havent been used on large scale very much to be noticed till now (Missiles Launched: 11,932), that one is on zorg to create new folder for reports. Just was poking at ya :lol: almost split on you and skirmish so puts probably 150 to 200 reports in your esp folder. probably be in the thousands by the time I went through all your planets, But I am stopping the attack since there has been no response back from you, I have no reason to resume unless you do
Last edited by DREDD on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

this thread really works towards finding an work around. why are you so cry hard whinny about when the ban part came on?

and even if that part is considered there should be an ipm limitation regardless of what you think. the idea is that nothing can be used oppressively against another player. there is a limitation for attack bashing that one may not hit another player more than 5 times a day. that rule comprises of two factors. defense bash on a single planet + raiding loots. it gives a provision for growth.

fact 1. the IPM attack do not show any progress report on overview that it is virtually impossible to take measurements against it on real time. where attacks can be ninja'ed no matter how small that is i have successfully taken out 50 bc of yours. but there can be no measures taken at real time to defend against IPM.

Fact 2. you have proved over and over that it is very much possible to wipe out 150k worth of defense with IPM over night, that a player has no way of taking precautions against even if that player is online.

the above two factors is a heavily considered game flaws that we are addressing here. you are exploiting them and we want that stopped.

and the first reason behind this thread all in all was to get IPM reports be placed on a different queue. 225 reports from IPM shower alone totally messes up Probe queue that virtually makes it impossible for a raider to raid. that is an spam effect. no matter how you put it but this is spam in my probing queue.

the reasons why probe spams are outlawed has to consider that +150 probes on a player (mind it it says on a player not on a target that is planet or moon) is considered spam.

as long as IPM reports are registering on probe reports they fall in that violation. if they create a seperate queue, that is very good. it will solve all the issues.. but as long as that is not happening this is an exploitation of game rule and you deserve getting banned for that. now rest is upto zorg team for their consideration. but to be honest after so long they have not said anything so far so i guess they are in bed with u on this one.

so moderators please close this thread as there is no point arguing over this without game admins input.