Re: IPM Spam limitation or work around

The issue is that having no limits on IPMs is inconsistent with the other policies.

Either lift the bashing rule and MD rule or bring IPMs in to agreement with the rest of the rules.

+1, to both, simply on the basis of that iipms are different from probes :]

ipms, maybe could have a small limit like 5/day like regular attacks? then the attacker cannot mindlessly spam 1 missile attacks. reports for the attacker would be nice too, along with countdowns for both, maybe?
RL has been a b****. maybe for once I can stay around long enough to make a name for myself...

~the V-mode Fleeter~

I had a response from the administration about this to say that this is not a spam not matter how many espionage reports i get.

i replied that their understanding of espionage report from ipm report in the espionage queue and how they verbalized the ruling for it is at best dubious and ambiguous. that goes to state that player satisfaction is not a concern to ze team at the moment.

anyways another stup!d ruling that we have to bear with without any reasonable fix.

this thread should be closed now. there is no point in keeping this suggestion as it is clear from the ze administration that no matter how logical this suggestion might be its not worth of notice.

admins consider this thread locked and please do lock it.

i will shut my drama for today.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

I have to agree with SPY ( those words stuck in my throat...lol) So I will leave it open for another 24hrs to see response and if none lock as SPY's requests.

If we look at all the changes on MD and ESP missions over the years...then it makes sense to do the same with IMP's

Personally IMP's are out dated.. I have never understood why you can not use IPM's against a moon...if a player can build a defense on a moon then there should be a reduce effect IMP ( based of the time scale it takes to build on moons) against such defense... I have never really bothered about defense.. it has limited use.. however part of the game others use..so there should not be an ability to abuse/spam a player who does.

This is just another miss use of a game function... allowable at the moment... If a player is not allowed to send more than 150 ESP missions in a 24hr period...then they should not be allowed to send more than 150 IMP mission either..(the number of IMP's per mission would be then down to each individual players tech's/ Missile depot level)

If you look at the facts that these missions are included in the ESP reports then this is exactly the same...SPAM.

As ZE has a rule on Spam then IMP's should be included in this..

A simple vote would be in order here... imo...