[Approved]New Fleet transport option - Pick up

I putting this forward because i think it would be handy for all players who move res between planets.

In the fleet mission section could we have another transport option to pick up res from a target planet belonging to your empire, this would make the process of moving res a lot easier and quicker

Thank you for using nocturnalK demolition,Hope you have a nice day :)
N.B All proceeds to the nocturnalK empire fund are non-refundable

Re: New Fleet transport option - Pick up

I'm a big fan of this. Currently, you have to Deploy and then Deploy back, which I'm fairly certain uses twice the Deut, does it not?

I think Transport/Recycle missions only calculate the Deut TO the target and not FROM the target, as well. So Deploys are the same price for half the time.

I'd love to see this implemented.

Urweirdsaysi wrote:I'm a big fan of this. Currently, you have to Deploy and then Deploy back, which I'm fairly certain uses twice the Deut, does it not?

I think Transport/Recycle missions only calculate the Deut TO the target and not FROM the target, as well. So Deploys are the same price for half the time.

I think you are wrong. When you deploy ships they consume the same Deuterium like they do in a transport mission but, here is the difference, when you deploy half of the deuterium used is left in the target planet. So, all missions (attack, transport, deploy, recycle, espionage, even ACS) the deuterium is calculated assuming a return.

Does not seem this suggestion generated much interest...

I though this would be good to implement as it makes movement of res between planets so much easier for all players. :(

Thank you for using nocturnalK demolition,Hope you have a nice day :)
N.B All proceeds to the nocturnalK empire fund are non-refundable

Ancestral wrote:When you deploy ships they consume the same Deuterium like they do in a transport mission but, here is the difference, when you deploy half of the deuterium used is left in the target planet.
Did not know this...
nocturnalknight wrote:Does not seem this suggestion generated much interest...

I though this would be good to implement as it makes movement of res between planets so much easier for all players. :(
I <3 it. Amazing idea.

Ancestral wrote:
Urweirdsaysi wrote:I'm a big fan of this. Currently, you have to Deploy and then Deploy back, which I'm fairly certain uses twice the Deut, does it not?

I think you are wrong. When you deploy ships they consume the same Deuterium like they do in a transport mission but, here is the difference, when you deploy half of the deuterium used is left in the target planet. So, all missions (attack, transport, deploy, recycle, espionage, even ACS) the deuterium is calculated assuming a return.
This is so remarkably easy to test and disprove that I am frankly shocked that you would even bother to make this assertion. Your statement is pure fiction. Fuel use is determined by the one-way distance between origin and target, and modified by transit speed. Fuel is immediately and fully consumed on launch, and fuel use is exactly the same for deploy and transport missions, even though a transport mission is twice as long.