Re: New Fleet transport option - Pick up

makks wrote:
it seems we have all yesses from many a seasoned player, including myself, bumpy bumpy bump bump
Thats not a bump, thats a poke :O
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LIGHT LASERS DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OM NOM NOM KTHXBAI

Re: New Fleet transport option - Pick up

Bumpity bump, people seemed to like this suggestion. Let's have more feedback and a decision.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Re: [Decision Needed]New Fleet transport option - Pick up

I will add my yea vote for this.

It would also be really cool if you could give your missions different return co-ordinates rather than automatically returning to the start planet.

And deut is definetely consumed immediately upon launch like Shaftoe said. Just try launching a fleet and then recalling it. You don't get the deut back. Somewhat annoying if you make a mistake when launching a big fleet and have to recall it.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the Spiffiest of them all?

Do Science Responsibly: Don't Do Science and Drive

"While it's good to learn from experience, it is better to learn from other people's experience" - Warren Buffett

SpacemanSpiff wrote: And deut is definetely consumed immediately upon launch like Shaftoe said. Just try launching a fleet and then recalling it. You don't get the deut back. Somewhat annoying if you make a mistake when launching a big fleet and have to recall it.
I've wasted so much deut this way. :( Anyway, I agree with this idea, but if you are going to change the coordinates to a different place than the starter planet you might as well do a Deploy mission.
Average Person ~ Gale Points: 28
RIP Me.

SpacemanSpiff wrote:And deut is definetely consumed immediately upon launch like Shaftoe said. Just try launching a fleet and then recalling it. You don't get the deut back. Somewhat annoying if you make a mistake when launching a big fleet and have to recall it.
The topic's idea I like, but you don't want people to get deut back if they recall. Otherwise, how often would I be on people's overviews doing "I am bored and hoping you are peeing out a kidney-stone right now" launches?
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:And deut is definetely consumed immediately upon launch like Shaftoe said. Just try launching a fleet and then recalling it. You don't get the deut back. Somewhat annoying if you make a mistake when launching a big fleet and have to recall it.
The topic's idea I like, but you don't want people to get deut back if they recall. Otherwise, how often would I be on people's overviews doing "I am bored and hoping you are peeing out a kidney-stone right now" launches?
Isn't that how all your launches go?

I, too, like the idea of a "pick up" mission. Would make a lot of things that much easier. But you have to ask yourself if easier is always better for the game.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

this would be an epic thing in the game. it would save a lot of grievance on flipping though all the planets and relaunching.
i'm thinking the next question would be how to make this implemented. is one thing to bring the idea up but another to solve it and program it :P

*edit* DOWN WITH I.B.... and shaft is still cool :dance:
how i'm still around.... no one knows...

I love this idea.

How it should work would be to send like a normal mission except that you will be saying how much of what to pick up instead of what to take.

It would have the three fields that you could manually fill in or you could hit the full load button and it will auto pickup all resources in the same priority as hitting all resources does on a deploy mission.

In the event that you tell your ships to pick up more of something than what you have then it will leave that dedicated space empty.

eg. Pick up orders were 100k each metal deut and crystal when the fleet lands you only have 50k metal but you have 200k crystal and deut available. Your fleet will only pick up 50k metal 100k crystal and 100k deut and return with 50k empty space.
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!