[Approved] A new message alert on Zorg Empire tab.

I've noticed this feature in MANY online games and especially on Face Book, where you get for example (5) beside Face Book in the tab. That features is really usefull in case if you get a message while you're surfing another game or something. You don't have to open every time to check whether you have a message or no. To demonstrate it more. I've made an example of what I mean.

Re: A new message alert on Zorg Empire tab.

Pretty sure this kind of stuff would need ZE to develop an AJAX front for the game, which is not a bad thing. Lot's of online games are modernising their UI's with AJAX and for Zorg to do the same would provide not only much faster speeds for the clients but also that nice modern feel to the game as a whole.

For those that don't know, AJAX is a technology that allows asynchronous data retrieval from the game server. That means not having to reload an entire page each time an event is processed. In ZE, AJAX could be used for many things, this suggestion among them, a couple others could be:
  • Real time resource tickers.
  • Automatic mission resolving on the overview without refreshing the page.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Istalris wrote:Pretty sure this kind of stuff would need ZE to develop an AJAX front for the game, which is not a bad thing. Lot's of online games are modernising their UI's with AJAX and for Zorg to do the same would provide not only much faster speeds for the clients but also that nice modern feel to the game as a whole.

For those that don't know, AJAX is a technology that allows asynchronous data retrieval from the game server. That means not having to reload an entire page each time an event is processed. In ZE, AJAX could be used for many things, this suggestion among them, a couple others could be:
  • Real time resource tickers.
  • Automatic mission resolving on the overview without refreshing the page.
Exactly! That's what I meant. It might be possible as well that you can see your resources increases without the need to refresh the page. =)

SPY wrote:ZE already runs on ajax. the galaxy view is a prime example of ajax implementation. so any ideas that requires ajax tunnels should be considered as a viable suggestions.

saying that i like this idea.
Are you sure?

Granted, I'm no web technology expert, but from my experience nothing in ZE matches what Ajax should act like. The Galaxy view for example has to reload the entire frame whenever you switch a system, whereas in that other game, whose features do run on Ajax, the galaxy view browsing loads only the necessary information into the UI, no full frame/page loading as in ZE.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...