[Approved] Game Tutorials

If we suggest a tutorial list for new players ranking between 50K and 100K points, and every time they complete one level they will receive a certain number of rubies.
That will teach them and make them notice how useful rubies are.

I believe Istalris would be the first choice for the Tutorial list creation as he knows this game better than most of us, and of course all us could suggest new tutorials.

Re: A tutorial list with Rubies as Prize

I could do it, but not until Thursday at the earliest, I don't have much time during the week.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

I think it should follow the "How to start tutorial" link already established in-game...

http://www.zorgempire.net/help.php

You can award certain rewards such as resources and rubies as deemed necessary. I think the awarding of rubies can replace the automatic 10 rubies given to players as they join.

Game Help
Welcome to Zorg Empire.
In this game you take up the role of a space Emperor.

You start, owning one planet. Here are some of the things you can do:
-Build mines and harvest resources
-Build a variety of different buildings which help your empire in a different way.
-Research new technologies
-Create Planet Defenses and defend against attacks from other players
-Create fleets to aid in defense or use them to attack other planets.
-Create a colony ship and inhabit new planets.
-Create strong alliances to help your empire stand the test of time
-Use espionage to get important information about your opponents.
-Create powerful fleets and rule the universe.

New Players Quick Start Guide

Click on buildings, at the left hand menu, build in this order:
1. Solar Plant (Level 1)
2. Metal Mine (Level 1)
3. Metal Mine (Level 2)
4. Solar Plant (Level 2)

Now click on Zorg Empire Plus at the left hand menu, and click on Activate of the option: Increase buildings queue by 3 (All planets)

Continue on Buildings:

5. Metal Mine (Level 3)
6. Metal Mine (Level 4)
7. Solar Plant (Level 3)
8. Crystal Mine (Level 1)
9. Metal Mine (Level 5)
10. Solar Plant (Level 4)

Now it is a good time to visit the forums and have a quick look: Click on forums link at the left hand menu.

Continue on Buildings:

11. Crystal Mine (Level 2)
12. Crystal Mine (Level 3)
13. Solar Plant (Level 5)
14. Deuterium Synthesizer (Level 1)
15. Crystal Mine (Level 4)
16. Solar Plant (Level 6)
17. Metal Mine (Level 6)
18. Metal Mine (Level 7)
19. Solar Plant (Level 7)
20. Crystal Mine (Level 5)
21. Deut. Synth. (Level 2)
22. Solar Plant (Level 8 )
23. Deut. Synth. (Level 3)
24. Deut. Synth. (Level 4)
25. Deut. Synth. (Level 5) put it on 80% in the resource screen
26. Robotics Factory (Level 1)
27. Build Research Lab (Level 1)
28. Robotic Factory (Level 2)
29. Research Energy Tech. (Level 1) on the Research Screen
30. Shipyard (Level 1)
31. Solar Plant (Level 9)
32. Research Combustion Engine (Level 1)
33. Crystal Mine (Level 6)
34. Shipyard (Level 2)
35. Deut. Synth. (Level 6) (80%)
36. Research Combustion Engine (Level 2)

Now build a small cargo at the shipyard screen.

While waiting for the above to complete, utilize the time to check FaQ, Technologies page and Forums. Click on galaxy to see planets near you.

Do not miss the Players Guide forum

I was thinking of creating something more in the style of tutorial "missions". But if the it is going to follow the how to start guide anyway there isn't really much point in me spending time on it, so just let me know what you guys think. Follow the how to start guide and award rubies for completing it or parts of it, or should I make it into a mission style tutorial?

I was thinking making it a little more detailed than the guide too, such as explaining the different styles of play and catering a few more advanced missions to each one.

From what I see, the current how to start guide is just a dictation, it doesn't explain anything and doesn't teach anything. Just makes you press some buttons in a specific order and then assumes you know what to do once it's finished.

I am just proposing I can put in some effort to improve it anyway, if you peeps think it is fine as is then this can be implemented straight away can't it?
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

If we can get a more detailed step by step guide, then the current startup tutorial can be replaced. I like the direction you are going with this Tom. Let me know if I can help come up with some ideas. I have a few, just need to put them down on "notepad". I can PM you some of them when I get them jotted down. ;)

Indeed Sloth, but I was thinking of making it detailed more still. Torgard, feel free to PM me, maybe we can pool some ideas and get a nice structure out of it.