Re: [Approved] Game Tutorials

I once again want to just bump this..i know its been prioritized, but this should be one of the things on the top of the list... the reason is simple if you scan through the galaxy view you find tons of inactives but one thing ive noticed they have zero points and no buildings...or very few buildings...as a game we need to facilitate the new players needs to learn and pick up the game as fast as possible so they will stick around...we need to get them active on forums and in chat...because one of the most enticing things people come to ZE for is well the people...this tutorial would help them stay active and give them a step by step helping hand so to speak that keeps them growing and keeps their attention on the game and lets face it the most boring part of Zorg is when you have to start its slow,boring,non-interactive but after that when you start launching those first couple raids and crashing fleets and building your empire to new heights the game becomes one of the most addicting games there is to offer...

/bunp

I think this goes along with Fishy's plan for keeping noobs. Anyone, feel free to add onto/change my list of steps.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

Re: A tutorial list with Rubies as Prize

A few changes in red from Sloths ideas, i will go through a bigger list a bit later

For steps, here's a rough idea for what I think they should be. Anyone's welcome to change them as they see fit.

Step 1: Basic Mines
Mines are the foundation to any successful empire. They produce resources which all things are created with. However, to power mines, Energy is needed. This is provided by Solar Plants at the beginning. Be warned though, negative Energy hurts the mines' production, so never allow it to be in the red for long.
-Build Solar Plant to Level 4
-Build Metal Mine to Level 4
-Build Crystal Mine to Level 2
Reward
200 Metal and 100 Crystal

Step 2: Defense
Defense is needed to protect your planets from any raiders. In order to build defense, a Ship Yard is needed. Even though defense is there to keep your planets safe, do not leave any ships sitting on your planet after you log off. This invites players to attack you, so you must always remember to Fleet Save.
-Build Robot Factory to Level 2
-Build Ship Yard to Level 1
-Build a Rocket Launcher
Reward
1 Rocket Launcher

Step 3: More Advanced Mining
Deuterium is one of the most vital resources in the game. It is used for fueling ships, as well as in most Research. With higher mines, you are able to do much more, such as building a wide range of ships, buildings, defense, and research.
-Build Metal Mine to Level 10
-Build Crystal Mine to Level 7
-Build Deuterium Synthesizer to Level 5
Reward
2.000 Metal, 1.000 Crystal, and 500 Deuterium

Step 4: Fleet
Fleet is just as, if not more important than mines. With fleet you can colonize new planets, raid for resources, trade and transport, and many more. Cargoes have a wide range of uses and are vital for any player.
-Build Research Lab to Level 1
-Research Combustion Engines to Level 2
-Build a Small Cargo Ship
Reward
1 Small Cargo Ship

Step 5: Communication
In any Massive Multi-player Online Game, communication is needed to survive. Zorg is no exception. The forums are filled with as much information as you could possibly want. Stop by and create an account.
-Visit and sign up to the forums and post 5 times
-Visit Chat and spend at least 1 hour overall getting to know people
Reward
10 Rubies

Step 6: Espionage
Espionage and attacking go hand in hand. It's common sense to know what you are attacking before you actually do it and that's where probes come in. Espionage Probes allow you to see what another player has on their planet, so you know exactly how much defense and fleet you need to watch out for.
-Build an Espionage Probe
-Probe another player's planet
Reward
10 Probes

Step 7: Attacking
Mines can only produce so many resources. You will need much more than your mines can provide, so for everything else there is attacking. If you attack another player and win, you will be able to take as much as half the amount of resources they have on their planet. But remember not to break the Bashing Rule, that is, don't attack the same planet more than 5 times withing 24 hours.
-Attack another player
Reward
10.000 Metal, 5.000 Crystal, and 2.500 Deuterium

Step 8: Recycling
Everyone loves to be green, don't they? Browsing through the Galaxy View, you may have come across something looking like rocks next to players' planets. That is called a Debris Field and is basically a bunch of free resources sitting there. In order to collect a Debris Field, you need Recyclers to get the job done.
-Recycle a Debris Field
Reward
1 Recycler

Step 9: Expeditions (This one might be a little iffy, feel free to add feedback)
With Expeditions, you have the chance of finding ships or resources in the empty wastes of space. To do so, send some ships to planet slot 16 in any system. But be warned, you might end up finding nothing. Or worse, your ships will be sucked into a black hole and be lost forever.
-Go on an Expedition
Reward
10 Light Fighters and 5 Small Cargoes

Step 10: Colonies
Colonies are the most important thing you can obtain. The more planets you have, the more points you can get. To get one, send a Colony Ship to an empty planet slot. You cannot take over another person's planet, so don't try.
-Make a Colony Ship
-Create a colony
Reward
5 Rubies

The order of these can also be changed around. Once again, this is just a rough draft so people can bounce ideas around

I think on top of these basics should then be constant rewards, So advancements on each of those 10 steps, so you have a part 1, part 2, and part 3 i will go into these when i have time later and add to this post.

I like the 10 rubies idea; that way they'll have 15 rubies by the end and can get something useful like Imperial Support.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

Yeah, i like all your ideas. All i would do is tier them...

Obviously you cant unlock Mission 2 untill you complete mission 1 Stone reward.... and maybe a few more which i will work on will all just be bigger advancements in again a way of rewarding yourself.

Each mission unlocks another after completing the first Reward.

I think this will keep all players active constantly to reach there goals and targets

Mission 1 - Build those mines.

STONE
Mines are the foundation to any successful empire. They produce resources which all things are created with. However, to power mines, Energy is needed. This is provided by Solar Plants at the beginning. Be warned though, negative Energy hurts the mines' production, so never allow it to be in the red for long. We would like you to show ZE empire the creativity of building a structure to keep the mines from going into the red.
-Build Solar Plant to Level 4
-Build Metal Mine to Level 4
-Build Crystal Mine to Level 2
Reward
200 Metal and 100 Crystal

BRONZE
Now that you have shown your ability to grow and show a positive growth on your mines we would like you to work on producing deut that will fuel those ships.
-Build Solar Plant to Level 10
-Build Metal Mine to Level 10
-Build Crystal Mine to Level 4
- Build Deut Mine to Level 1
Reward
200 Deut

SILVER
Zorg would like to see the true development of your planet and show a good infrastructure. Zorg would like you to show you can a good steady daily income, create a daily production that will help you build to your next level in Zorg Empire
You can check this by viewing 'resources' under the 'planet menu'
-500kk metal,
-200kk Crystal
-100kk Deut
Reward
+25% Production (metal mine on all planets) for 7 days.

GOLD
Now you have shown a good daily infrastructure we would like to see you really advance those mines.
- Metal Mine 30,
- Crystral Mine 30
- Deut Mine 30
Reward
Metal 5,000,000 Crystal 2,500,000 Deut 1,000,000

PLATINUM
Show now how to be a great miner and build a massive Metal Mine, Crystal and Deut mine to show a true Miners skill
- Metal Mine 40
- Crystal Mine 35
- Deut Mine 35
Reward
Metal 50,000,000.

Congratulations you have now shown that you are a top miner, Lets see if you can complete all the other Missions.

Something like this, but obviously over 10 missions, there is always plenty to keep everyone entertained and to reach those rewards.

I will work on all levels but its just an idea i need to really extend on.

But its basically the equiverlant of missions and players like targets.

It can be added to our profile also as to how many awards we have got.

there should be random rewards as well.

So September is to build 3 death stars and you get a death star as a reward... Stuff like that, just to encourage players to want to stay.

Or maybe you introduce a new ship but you can only have it if you unlock it in the month of September or you will never have it, things like this encoruage players to stay and also allow players to have different ships to others.