Re: Moon destroy's can't be ACS defended

Zorg wrote:Your best shot should be to ninja the returning RIPs.
just to correct what u said there, a return lanx is not a ninja cause the defender sees what the attacker is attacking with. also wanted to forewarn that Zorg pointed out one info that might have been skipped that moon pop are not be acsed which was associated with moon acs defend. those two are two different suggestions if needs to be considered they needs to be approved separately.

So this is my opinion. Let moon destro missions be acs defended so it can be deterred.

and i oppose to the possibility of moon destro be acs attacked.

the point being any kind of attack should be able to acs defended. and as acs defend works as a single unite of defense fleet it doesnot matter if the defender was assisted or not. as the defending fleet WSA is always flatten to defender's WSA.

EDIT: just to add to what spanky said... dude so are RIP attacks. so why u agree that they may be defended?

EDIT: wanted to ask for a clarification. in the last moon destro related bug topic it was stated that moon destro was a two part mission. first part the RIP fleet is responsible for the destruction of the fleet on the moon or acsing the moon. the second part after the FLEET* is destroyed it creates the graviton field to pop the moon. so can admin or dev team clear up how it is now, and how the defending may be carried away?

my understanding is the first try was the reason why moon pop were creating instant moons. and the ninja will only work if the attack and destro were done separately. the objective of the defending fleet is to crash enough rips that the successive moon pop operation will not have enough rip to pop the moon. hence the backfire will come to act.

will appreciate if someone can confirm if my understanding is accurate or needs adjustments on this topic.

*Edited.
Last edited by SPY on Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: Moon destroy's should be ACS defended

Spankie wrote:Crazy as it sounds I have one reason and one reason only to disagree. While other missions are defendable, they must be quickly coordinated. A MD is a very long mission for most and it would be unfairly easy to coordinate or find assistance to defend.
Why does every single advantage RIPs have have to be justified with its low speed?

They can destroy moons------>they are slow
They have really big cargo capacity------>they are slow
Their fuel consumption is really low------>they are slow
They have really high attack and shield points------> they are slow
They have a raging RF against pretty much every other ship in game------>they are slow

and now:
The MD mission can't be ACS defended----->they are slow???

If this bug or what ever it is stays this way, it takes that little amount of tactic left in this game (cause of the highly unbalanced RIP power) so basically, anyone with enough RIPs to destroy a certain moon can do it if the moon owners fleet is weaker than his? :? So why the hell do we have the ability to build ACS depots on moons then if strongest fleets (and those are RIP fleets) can't be stopped? :think:

I really hope the dev team will correct this for the welfare of the game.
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough

You mean to tell me that ppl wasted their deuts for the longest and moon destructs could not be acs defended. I think we should have been told this sooner so it could change. Rips are already too powerful on their own to just go out there and hit them with no problem. To not be able to acs defended from the destructs is just point out of having a moon to be alittle bit of a waste not entirely just alittle bit unless you can get one that cnt be popped. So i think we should be able to acs defend from moon destructs thats is all :P .
Only the Determined Prosper

I'm not against the ACS MD mission. I always say the more the merrier :lol:
Though I can see a lot of pros and cons here, I'll always agree to something that makes the gameplay more tactical and interesting. :dance:

However, ACS defending a MD mission should definitely be implemented asap.

The wrote:
Spankie wrote:Crazy as it sounds I have one reason and one reason only to disagree. While other missions are defendable, they must be quickly coordinated. A MD is a very long mission for most and it would be unfairly easy to coordinate or find assistance to defend.
Why does every single advantage RIPs have have to be justified with its low speed?

They can destroy moons------>they are slow
They have really big cargo capacity------>they are slow
Their fuel consumption is really low------>they are slow
They have really high attack and shield points------> they are slow
They have a raging RF against pretty much every other ship in game------>they are slow

and now:
The MD mission can't be ACS defended----->they are slow???

If this bug or what ever it is stays this way, it takes that little amount of tactic left in this game (cause of the highly unbalanced RIP power) so basically, anyone with enough RIPs to destroy a certain moon can do it if the moon owners fleet is weaker than his? :? So why the hell do we have the ability to build ACS depots on moons then if strongest fleets (and those are RIP fleets) can't be stopped? :think:

I really hope the dev team will correct this for the welfare of the game.

Whatever... I will learn to adapt no matter what the rules. Zorg rules are for everybody. I find the strengths and weaknesses in each and use/exploit them to my benefit as much as possible. ACS defend away. I made one simple comment and, as it seems has been regulatory in the forums lately, it was a deep rooted offense to somebody. Get over it, play the game and have some fun!!

Btw if you want a pretty much solid moon, buy some rubies and get one... I did and got a 9991 moon which would take over 300,000 RIPS to get a 25% chance. Thanks Zorg:)

Spankie wrote: Whatever... I made one simple comment and, as it seems has been regulatory in the forums lately, it was a deep rooted offense to somebody. Get over it, play the game and have some fun!!
You are the one taking it personally. I just wrote a comment that was a response to pretty much all the topics about RIPs. ;)
Spankie wrote:I will learn to adapt no matter what the rules. Zorg rules are for everybody. I find the strengths and weaknesses in each and use/exploit them to my benefit as much as possible. ACS defend away.
We all know that the same rules apply to everyone. That is why this topic is placed in 'Game Suggestions' so we can discuss it and maybe make something that would benefit the gameplay and the community.
Spankie wrote:Btw if you want a pretty much solid moon, buy some rubies and get one... I did and got a 9991 moon which would take over 300,000 RIPS to get a 25% chance. Thanks Zorg:)
And I don't really see the part where you ''adapt no matter what the rules'' and ''find the strengths and weaknesses in each and use/exploit them to your benefit as much as possible'' here. :lol:
All I see is your wallet getting thinner which is fine with me, but there's no need to mention it 'cause some people can't afford 13 euros for a moon.

Well two of my moons are being popped right now as i type this. The reason why i am referring to them is the moon sizes were not big enough. to justify moon pop while it is unninjable the attacker sent 2000 + 2000 RIPs at both moons also the are impacting within secs of each other. so it was calculative if ther was a possibility of moon pop just one could be at risk.

i still find it stupid to moon pop while this thread is still under discussion and most of the player base thinks that they can be ninjaed cause the last moon destro thread clearly stated that moon pops acted as attack followed by MD. (reference to the thread discussing moon spawn instantly after moon pop.)

so develop team. when are u going to consider this rule and do something about it?
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.