[Approved] Online status

Having seen quite a few players recently get crashed (especially since all the swapping/buying/obtaining accounts) I noticed that most have been in alliances that have had players jumping from alliance to alliance. Happens a lot lately...so I reckon it is time to do away with online statuses once and for all. No-one needs them...anyone can send a pm if needs must. Only time it seems to get used is for leaders to crash a team mate (and within the hour of update nowadays I noticed). Either that or buddies "pass" info on. Leaders don't even need online rights tbh (in fact they are probably the worse offenders from what I have seen in last couple of months. So do away with online rights for all...even buddy lists....they just cause more illigitimate crashes than anything else. We want to see proper fleet crashes with no "info" given away. No-one should have reason to object either imo...unless ...well u work it out. So Zorg even if u do not agree I would suggest that all leaders turn off all online rights ....only leaves them under scrutiny then. Rest of the players should also check their "buddy" lists very, very carefully aswell. Maybe another way to do it would be for ALL players to have the option to turn off their OWN online status...... :D

Re: Online status

a better solution would be to hide your online status, however this 'forfeit's your right to see any online information, including planet activity.

those worried about having people spy their online times shoudl clear their friendlist and leave their alliance.

athight wrote:a better solution would be to hide your online status, however this 'forfeit's your right to see any online information, including planet activity.

those worried about having people spy their online times shoudl clear their friendlist and leave their alliance.
Well that was my last option to have the ability to turn off your own online status....it does not mean you forfeit any other information though. As for being worried about spies, it's not as simple as that....if he was any good you would never know....until your fleet was crashed. Most alliances have spies, fact. Just look at Extreme lol. Even if not in same alliance they are in buddies list...so eliminate the doubt and give us the individual choice if we want to be "online" or not.

being able to hide your online status is a significant bonus.
what do you propose to balance that? debuff players who hide their activity, or buff those that choose to show it?

form what you're saying, you can't trust your alliance mates in extreme... in my alliance in standard, i trust most of the members, there are multiple 'ranks' and i trust everyone except a few in the entry rank simply because i don't know them. ask your alliance leader to withdraw activity viewing rights from more people.

if this is to go through, limit it to extreme and any other universe where trusst is an issue.

athight wrote:being able to hide your online status is a significant bonus.
what do you propose to balance that? debuff players who hide their activity, or buff those that choose to show it?

form what you're saying, you can't trust your alliance mates in extreme... in my alliance in standard, i trust most of the members, there are multiple 'ranks' and i trust everyone except a few in the entry rank simply because i don't know them. ask your alliance leader to withdraw activity viewing rights from more people.

if this is to go through, limit it to extreme and any other universe where trusst is an issue.
Couldn't be further from the truth. I do trust my team mates in Extreme. I can see all online statuses anyway but more than happy to lose that privilege if a player has the option to "hide" his online status. Most people I have spoken to (and even the replies above) indicate they would like to have the option . So Zorg, can we have a simple feature added that let's us choose if we want to show online or not please? Should not just be a feature for alliance leaders to use and abuse :)

Zorg wrote:If we speak only for the option in friendlist, then it is a no brainer (aka no need to contemplate about it, it can be done).
Not sure what you mean but if u look at most of the replies they indicate that the individual player would like the option to turn off their own online status so NO-ONE (not even alliance leaders) can see if they are on or off. This is nothing to do with Friend list as individually we can sort that ourselves already.