Overall suggestions

So I had an idea for a couple of suggestions.
The first being that in the help menu and the starting message sent to players when they first join zorg we have a list of knowledgeable players to help them play the game and get the moving more quickly. These players will be selected by them asking to be included and it being decided by zorg. I feel this will help most of the actual players who are joining and interested in staying as I fear the massive walls of text on the forums may be overwhelming for new players to read through.
Secondly change the rules on milking to allow players to send a 1 time shipment of an above average load of resource to a new player.
I'm not asking to send 100 trillion deut I'm asking for it to be stated in the rules that you can send something like 10,000,000 metal 5,000,000 crystal 2,500,000 deut regardless of mine production to a player who has just joined.
(This one being the most iffy of my suggestions) As for expeditions have it to where it can only be sent out for an hour and rewards are based of the average loot raided. For instance for speed I will use Taolons raids (as all of his are raids not crashes) to provide an example. Raids won 28.039. Raiding loot 58,179,587,851.
58,179,587,851/28,039= 2,074,952 metal per raid on average (This is of course over looking the current issue with raiding deut not correctly adding deutx4 to the scoreboard). So sending out an expedition will bring back that amount of resources (divided into M/C/D) per hour. With this suggestion though there will have to be a revamp to expedition tech. Perhaps starting with 2 expedition slots and gaining another every 4-6 levels would be comparable as to not negate raiders.
Finally and this may be a bit much, but for speed specifically push the noob player protection limit to 150,000.

Re: Overall suggestions

Doomrager wrote:So I had an idea for a couple of suggestions.
The first being that in the help menu and the starting message sent to players when they first join zorg we have a list of knowledgeable players to help them play the game and get the moving more quickly. These players will be selected by them asking to be included and it being decided by zorg. I feel this will help most of the actual players who are joining and interested in staying as I fear the massive walls of text on the forums may be overwhelming for new players to read through.
Secondly change the rules on milking to allow players to send a 1 time shipment of an above average load of resource to a new player.
I'm not asking to send 100 trillion deut I'm asking for it to be stated in the rules that you can send something like 10,000,000 metal 5,000,000 crystal 2,500,000 deut regardless of mine production to a player who has just joined.
(This one being the most iffy of my suggestions) As for expeditions have it to where it can only be sent out for an hour and rewards are based of the average loot raided. For instance for speed I will use Taolons raids (as all of his are raids not crashes) to provide an example. Raids won 28.039. Raiding loot 58,179,587,851.
58,179,587,851/28,039= 2,074,952 metal per raid on average (This is of course over looking the current issue with raiding deut not correctly adding deutx4 to the scoreboard). So sending out an expedition will bring back that amount of resources (divided into M/C/D) per hour. With this suggestion though there will have to be a revamp to expedition tech. Perhaps starting with 2 expedition slots and gaining another every 4-6 levels would be comparable as to not negate raiders.
Finally and this may be a bit much, but for speed specifically push the noob player protection limit to 150,000.

I think these are great ideas. The experienced players could have some sort of tick box, much like the include in scoreboard option. At any time they can turn it on or off.

The milking rule. This rule is archaic! But whilst we have certain players, (There is a certain individual who is leader of a large(ish) alliance in Standard) who will see nothing wrong with his members dumping resources to raid them back, then I can see the need for it. Otherwise I think that there should be an option of sending above average amounts of resources to smaller players. Perhaps a limit of 5 times a year? The original point though, great idea.

Noob protection. Is 150k enough for that server? Standard is now 1 million points. It has created a whole host of problems for us. But these problems are far outweighed by the protection new players now receive. The biggest problem for them is, of course, they are now only attacked by their peers. Come 1 million points, they will suddenly have to deal with 100 million point players. The fleets involved will perhaps scare them away. Fleetsaving, they don't see the need now. It will be an extreme culture shock when they have to deal with real fleets. I myself was accused of being a hacker! All because I 'd launched only 800 Bc's. This player thought that, because he was included in the scoreboard, he had a bigger fleet than anybody else. 10 BS's and a few large cargoes! Which brings us back to the experienced players being there to help. But this player in particular, there was no exxplaining anything to him, lol.