Re: Player Protection

Pulsar wrote:
mightyoz wrote:There is no point in it being there if certain players can still wipe them out because they do not play the account to the best of their abilities. They hide below a certain score JUST to be able to hit newbs. They would argue that it is a tactic to ensure their own safety from bigger players. Convenient. If this is the case, why have they no qualms about squashing newbs? The players that are true newbs, the ones that haven't learned yet.
You're wrong about this. But if you don't believe me, there is a way to test it: Raise protection again, and you will see supernoobs increase their points accordingly. This happened when protection on X was raised to 200k. It would happen again if protection were raised still higher... If you don't believe me, it can be tested... Raise protection again, and super noobs will increase in point level accordingly... I'm not sure I see a compelling reason to do this, but if you want proof, this would nonetheless be a way to get it. Suber noob-ing is a strategy most players have adopted to give them the ability to hide and stay safe, not just to hit noobs. Protection is not useless for new players. Players out of the super noob's range are still entirely protected. This means all players below about 35-40k points on X. This would move up to around 200k if protection were increased to a million. It's arguable it might even be a good thing for a noob to learn to deal with a super noob before they have to deal with a top player sending tens of thousands of RIPs at them.

None of the players who are complaining now have had qualms about crushing noobs when protection was lower. It is the fact that they cannot hit these players now but others can that is getting everyone here riled up, even if no one will admit it.

Whether you accuse others of having no qualms about doing this or not is irrelevant.

The simple way around this is to look at the FAQ's. What Zorg has written. The protection is there to protect NEWBS. They are afforded this protection. Unless of course Zorg has made a mistake and corrects this mistake. But as this has been pointed out to Zorg previously, several times and it still reads the same, I can only assume it is correct.

The simple way around this is to introduce a simple time limit on their newbishness. Regardless of raising, lowering protection levels, have this in addition to the points protection. Or indeed, have a time limit only.