New type of war.

Considering the current and standing situations that have occurred on standard, I suggest that wars be allowed to be broadened to lets say 2v2 and 3v3 alliance battles known as "wars of allegiance" or something similar rather than alliance wars. This would allow multiple alliances to engage each other while there is a clear line of whose on whose side. Each group of either two or three alliances would vote on what their allegiance name would be, something different than the individual alliance names In these no mercenaries would be allowed. And the deciding factor would be which side surrendered first at a vote of 2/3 (2 of three saying yes, or one if an alliance breaks from the pact or a 2v2 war). All of the other rules would still apply, except the CR's would be in one post and the TD's would be of all the alliances together. Hopefully if this was implemented there could be great wars that would be named and remember "the great battle of (Insert two allegiance names here)" and perhaps be recognized in a leader board (And perhaps implement this feature of regular alliance wars as well.)

Re: New type of war.

Now here is a thought provoking thread. One must consider all angles of the argument of this post.

First thing is, do the current war rules allow for this?

As of right now, the rules do not cover multiple alliance wars...i.e. Allegiance Wars. I would ask that the PB weigh in on this matter.

2nd, can you have an unbalance Allegiance War?

What I mean by this, is can you have 3 v 2 or 1 v 3. I would say that there should be a balance in this aspect. Limit it to the total points of each Allegiance within say 10%

I would love to see any new aspect added to the game that would make the game more fun for the PB. Sometimes things get dull and you need to spice things up. So, I appeal to the PB to weigh in on this matter.

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Re: New type of war.

I like the idea. In the nearly 3 years i have played i have yet to be involved in an actual war, odd for a war game. The only problem i see in this is the PB itself. So many wimps are afraid to use their fleet for combat if there is even a hint of risk. Why? Are you actually hurt by a cyberspace attack?
I'll hit you so smurfin' hard it'll feel like you smurfed a freight train