Cops and Robbers Universe

Make a universe where there are multiple "Alliances".

1. There can be as little as two "Alliances" but the concept is the same for this.
2.The special point in this universe is that no matter what nobody is out of an alliance.
3.When you choose your faction, you are automatically put into an "alliance".
4.You could have different group choices up to you or vote. Like U.S.A. vs. Germany vs. U.K. and so on.
5.The good thing about this is that its like a World War. You can make your own allies with others or choose to be enemies.
6.If you choose U.S.A. then you are funneled into the U.S.A. group, same thing for U.K. or any others.
7.If this sounds like too much coding, then do a simple cops and robbers universe. People choose if they want to be a cop or a robber. The cops get better ship production and building speed, but the robbers get better resource income and faster ship speed.

Does any of this sound possible or cool?

PM me or reply to this.

-fusion
fusion

If I weren't me, I would be you.

Re: Cops and Robbers Universe

Well it would be something different.

So you are saying when you join the game, you choose Team A or Team B basically?

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

Probably wouldn't work. If you were put in to a random alliance with players you either did not know or did not like, it wouldn't last. One of the things that makes ZE work is the self determination of ones play. By restricting this, you might have a flurry of players joining up but ultimately going to either v mode or inactivity. Then you will have the problem of an alliance with multiple "non" players that you can't get rid of even if you wanted to. Take away the conscription principle, you have a choice of two alliances, who do you make an educated guess as to which alliance to join? Choose the wrong alliance for you, can you change or are you stuck where you are? What could happen then I suppose is you could leave and set up your own alliance. But isn't that a game I've heard of before? Oh yes, it's called Zorg EMpire.

Of course there is always a chance of there being inactives, it is part off the game after all. You dont have to be put into a random, I merely suggested that as a possible idea if you didnt want to choose. You would be able to choose your team. This universe would still have the ability to use your personal play, and of course there are some lone wolves. If this game really restricts the player and causes them to go into vmode or inactive then it would be the same as what most of the universes are anyways... Zorg did say they want more players rather than new implements, ive been reading up. The only way to truly get new players is by having something new implemented. The word new attracts anyone because it means fresh and people like fresh rather than old. What im saying is that even if it causes inactivity it still attracts the new players like they want. It is something that catches the eye. Referring to your question about which alliance somebody would join... Obviously there would be a description and list of pluses that you receive for joining that faction, like I described. If you choose a wrong alliance then that *****, but there will be another go at it in a few months... What do they say, learn from your mistakes?
I appreciate the constructive criticism but just as you shut down my attempt in a paragraph or so, I did the same to yours. ;)
I could have went into deeper detail but if nobody reads it besides the very few then there is no point until it is brought under consideration.
fusion

If I weren't me, I would be you.

I like the idea.

I would say that there should be three groups.

Team A (insert really cool name here.)

Team B (insert really cool name here.)

Lone wolves (for those that don't want an alliance.)

and you would have the option of going back and forth between them off course.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu