New player first world moon..

AS a new player to Zorg, you start, you have your first world, albeit, it's a bit puny.

Now, how about that very first world, you know, you can't get rid of it, it's too small etc, GIVE IT A MOON!

A BIG moon, a moon that can't be popped. A moon where you can launch without fear of being lanxed. Launching to and from.

All other subsequent colonies would be the same as before, either ruby buy them or moonshot them.

Re: New player first world moon..

This has already been partially implemented in X-treme, quoting from the changelog:
Zorg wrote:X-TREME universe
-All newcomers have 20% chance to start with a moon size 7000 to 9000 to their homeplanet.
-All newcomers start with a free Small Cargo, a free Recycler and a free Espionage ship on their home planet.
Now what I do not understand is why newcomers only have a 20% chance of starting with a moon... seems a bit unfair... imo, either no one should get a moon, or everyone should when they start an account. Also consider that as it stands in X (with only 20% chance of getting a moon) this could potentially lead to the creation of spam accounts... as a savvy newcomer may create and abandon accounts until they eventually get a moon on their home planet... and frankly, who could blame them?

I think this should be changed so that all newcomers receive a moon, for the sake of equity if nothing else.

Also, on a side note, it would be nice if the in-game FAQ at least included something about the necessity of using a moon in FS. I'm not sure many really read the FAQ, but in case someone does, it would be good to have the most helpful information there possible. As it stands the FAQ is totally inadequate. Look at how insufficient the only mention of FS is:
FAQ wrote:*How can I protect myself from stronger players ?
-You need to learn how to fleet save. This is a common method used by all experienced players in a lot of different ways.Practically, you send your whole fleet with all your resources on a far away target for as long as you are going to be away. Make sure to use vacation mode if you are going to be away for more than 3 days.

Pulsar wrote:This has already been partially implemented in X-treme, quoting from the changelog:
Zorg wrote:X-TREME universe
-All newcomers have 20% chance to start with a moon size 7000 to 9000 to their homeplanet.
-All newcomers start with a free Small Cargo, a free Recycler and a free Espionage ship on their home planet.
Now what I do not understand is why newcomers only have a 20% chance of starting with a moon... seems a bit unfair... imo, either no one should get a moon, or everyone should when they start an account. Also consider that as it stands in X (with only 20% chance of getting a moon) this could potentially lead to the creation of spam accounts... as a savvy newcomer may create and abandon accounts until they eventually get a moon on their home planet... and frankly, who could blame them?

I think this should be changed so that all newcomers receive a moon, for the sake of equity if nothing else.

Also, on a side note, it would be nice if the in-game FAQ at least included something about the necessity of using a moon in FS. I'm not sure many really read the FAQ, but in case someone does, it would be good to have the most helpful information there possible. As it stands the FAQ is totally inadequate. Look at how insufficient the only mention of FS is:
FAQ wrote:*How can I protect myself from stronger players ?
-You need to learn how to fleet save. This is a common method used by all experienced players in a lot of different ways.Practically, you send your whole fleet with all your resources on a far away target for as long as you are going to be away. Make sure to use vacation mode if you are going to be away for more than 3 days.

I never knew that in Xtreme that happened. Thanks for adding it in to the mix.

All servers, your first world a moon. 9999 diameter. After that it's up to you. I think that is a fair thing. Perhaps included in your notes a heading for fleetsaving. Again, up to the player to read and try to understand. If they delete that from their notes then so be it. In the notes with a pointer to it?

getting a moon is quite important, yet difficult to do. i dont think there are a lot of people who will do moonshots for anyone outside their alliance (heck, its hard sometimes to get people to do moonshots IN your alliance!)

and yet, at the same time, you do not want people to make spam accounts.

what if people get a free moon as a reward for completing the turorial (which may need a revamp as well), or such, or more likely, as a reward for reaching, say, 10,000 points (arbitrary number, should be different based on the server imo)

^ that way newbies can get a moon before they are in significant danger of being phalanxed, but anyone who makes spam accounts will have a lot more work to do each time, discouraging such practices...?
RL has been a b****. maybe for once I can stay around long enough to make a name for myself...

~the V-mode Fleeter~

The moons are mainly given as easy options of fleetsave (for all players, not just newcomers).
X-TREME is very aggressive in deletion of inactive players. This,combined with moon destruction hunters, created a problem which we solved in this way.

A new player, even if he never plays the game, will still need some time before getting deleting (I do not remember the number of days right now). Till then, he contributes a fleet save slot which is unlikely to be popped as these moons exist in mass now. By the time he is deleted, enough new moons will be ready.