Resources for recycling.

Again, I don't know if has been raised before but I will post anyway as I cannot find any previous mention of it.

When you demolish previously built structures you actually pay half of their value to do so.

Instead of this, how about crediting that player with resources upon that world the building has been gotten rid of. Credit that world's resources with half of what the original structure cost to build?

A form of recycling, or is it that in this future world the green issue has gone out of the window? lol!!

Re: Resources for recycling.

On the other hand, IRL it does cost resources and equipment to safely demolish infrastructure or buildings, and I don't think that this would change, even after humanity has taken to the stars. I would be supportive, however, of a new technology - Demolition Procedures (or some similar name) - that decreases the cost of demolition; and, if the admin team so desires, it could change cost to profit when the technology is high enough.
Another proposal I would be in favor of would be a unit - Demolition Equipment or something similar - that can be built, and the more that are built, the less costly it is to demolish structures (the cost would still be affected, however, by the level of the structure).
Member of Allied Habitable Space