Re: Fleet Hangar

largo wrote:dont limit hangar just for main planet , because on xtreme ,main planet only have 200 slot , and that will be waste

One building slot would not make a difference. One less level of one other building type is all you'd need to do, or build a terraformer.

mightyoz wrote:
largo wrote:dont limit hangar just for main planet , because on xtreme ,main planet only have 200 slot , and that will be waste

One building slot would not make a difference. One less level of one other building type is all you'd need to do, or build a terraformer.
this will be level building
such as
lvl 1 5k fleet
lvl 2 10k fleet
etc

I think you are missing the point. A hangar would be a one off build. Limited to one world, with a finite amount of space. Not to keep increasing it exponentially. It would be like a small or large shield dome. The point was made at the start of the discussion, it would not be there to house a players entire fleet. Just enough for a minimal fleet to be stored without having to worry about it.

A larger fleet would be the responsibility of its owner, they would have to fleet save as normal unless they were in v mode.

This would help newer players, players with small raiding fleets, players that for some reason cannot get back online in time etc.

This is not a plan to make any fleet invunerable. Just a way of making small fleets untouchable. If a player wants to amass a fleet, that is their choice. But it is also their responsibility to keep it safe, or suffer the consequences.

Exactly. Well said, mightyoz.

largo did raise an interesting question (if this gets implemented at all): would the ships in the hangar show on a scout repot?

In Generals, everything showed up...you just had to look and see what level storage den they had to know how many of their resources you could actually steal...I guess something similar would happen with a fleet hangar. The report would show everything, and you would just check to see if they had a fleet hangar or not.

Showing on the scout report. I feel if something is hidden, then it should stay as that, hidden. But that's a personal choice. It could be shown as fleet points, but then I suppose if no worlds were showing a fleet in attendance, then others would presume that there was a fleet hidden on that players homeworld anyway.

The very nature of a fleet hangar would be to keep stuff safe and hidden. I would presume that if implemented fairly, then it shouldn't show at all.