New Universe Details

Greetings everyone,

In light of our design phase of the new universe, I will present here our philosophy on some of the ideas we have for the new universe.

We are not asking for approval or disapproval here but for your point of view. These are not final decisions either. So comment on these as what they really are: ideas.

Chapter 1: RULES

Most rules will be scripted in the game. Only 3 rules will exist (ie vulgar language in public places such as guild descriptions/hacking attempts/multiplay).

1.Account Switching rules
The current model will be maintained. Less restrictions will apply (ie 1 switch per 3 months).
We will not actively monitor account switches that bypass this setup. At the same time we will provide no support to any accounts lost to other players.

2.No Bashing
In-game system will take care of this instead. Excess attacks will be routed back without engaging.
In-game guild diplomacy will take care of Bashing protection lift.

3.Player Protection
Player protection will be maintained peranently. Based on the 5 times bigger/smaller rule. Right now, all universes have this protection with the difference that it is lifted after a point.

4.Mail system harassment issues will be handled entirely by the players. A block feature already exists. We will not monitor mail reports at all.

5.No Milking rule
You may actively do whatever you want with your resources. A system that will record all your dealings with other players will be created which will become visible to the rest after some days (something along these lines: https://www.zorgempire.net/forums/viewt ... =7&t=11229 )

You may crash your fleet as many times you want anywhere.
You may trade using whichever ratios you want.
You may push or pull anyone as much as you like.

6.No protection will apply
You are responsible for your account. The account switch rule, the usage of a valid email, a hard to guess password and keeping your password confidential are more than enough for everyone to keep their account safe.

7.No spam rules
We will create all the sub systems required to block all such practices with the code. This will not be fully available from day 1 and we will rely on reports on how to block all spam practices.

8.Advertising
The report link on mail system will be maintained so players will be able to report such. We will instantly ban accounts that violate the advertising link. Zorg Empire does not use any advertising to generate income therefore it sounds a bit weird to allow 3rd parties to advertise for free on our site. If they want to advertise, they can pay Google/others like we do.

9.Multiplay
Multiplay will be forbidden. We will provide details on Personal Details tab which will show accounts that use a simiar IP globaly. This way players will be able to report multiplaying. Of course, IP is only a way to have multiple accounts. We will monitor all the rest.

Chapter 2: Gameplay

1.No planet restriction
Current planet restriction will be removed. We will use Generals universe idea with Colonization technology. The cost of every new planet will not only be incremental but also monumental.

2.Reduced DF generation
Right now, all fleet regenerates 60% at hit. This makes every fleet crashing more important that resources looting. We believe that resources looting needs a boost. We also believe that this high regeneration is root of many cheating issues.

Here is an example that has been a realistic at Generals Universe. Two accounts start equally and they compete head to head. Then at the end of the first week, when everything looks very competing, one of them receives a retirement hit. This results in a big chunk of incoming flowing to the receiver which creates an unfair advantage.

There is always the chance that players will setup this (milking). In a universe where milking will not be monitored, this can be a real issue. At most cases, you need to be aware that only a small percentage will resort to such play. In this universe we will further decrease this ration with 2 simple moves. One of them is to release complete battling history (with a weekly delay). This way, everyone will know who uses this method. Naturally, this will press this kind of players to stop it. Secondly, the DF regeneration approach will be different.

Here is how:
Standard regeneration is down to 30%.
Then, for every month of account life, this regeneration will grow by 1%. Maximum will be 70%.
Whenever someone loses all his fleet (or up to X% of his fleet, we will not tell you how much, we will use an algorithm that will determine whether the blow that the player has received was significant or not. And we will do this taking in mind all battles and not just one battle. This means that if you start with 1m fleet points and and up to 200k fleet after a while, it seems like you lost the majority of your fleet) this figure will reset to 30%
Whenever someone switches his account, this figure will reset to 30%
Whenever someone becomes inactive or enters VMODe, this will reset to 30% Especially for VMODE, we might make it lose a percentage instead of reseting.
Accounts that lose a big amount of fleet in short time, will stop receiving this 1% per month bonus. (It seems like an equal meter versus the current rule we use which is deletion on retirement hits).

This way, if someone decided to "gift" his fleet early on, the advantage received will be much lower. If he attempt to do it again and again, the system sooner or later will remove the bonus. For a mere 30%, I am not sure there will be enough "tools" to keep building a fleet just to gift it.

This is a very major change that is going to solve most of the possible milking cases without a rule. In the right way.

3.Defense Regeneration
Save Turtles plan
-Right now def regeneration is at 60-80% (random)
-We will change this to 80% base.
-We will add a new technology that will improve this by 1% per level (Max level 20 for up to 100% regeneration).

4.More specialization
-Similar to generals universe, we will add more technologies to allow more specialization.
-Cost increase to armor/shield/weapon technologies

5.More risky destruction missions
Moon Destruction system will change. We need to stop this micro differences. Here is an example:
ZorgTools.com wrote: Moon Destruction chances for diameter of 9,800
99%: 9,703 Death stars needed.
98%: 9,508 Death stars needed.
97%: 9,315 Death stars needed.
96%: 9,124 Death stars needed.
95%: 8,935 Death stars needed.
90%: 8,019 Death stars needed.
85%: 7,153 Death stars needed.
80%: 6,336 Death stars needed.
75%: 5,569 Death stars needed.
50%: 2,475 Death stars needed.
25%: 619 Death stars needed.

The probability of the destruction of the deathstar fleet is 49 %
For a 9800 moon, I would like the 25% and 50% to be given for a smaller amount of RIPs.
The 99% is way to high, up to 90%. In the same time, we will require less RIPs for 90%. For example, instead of 8k RIPS, we should require 1K rips. Then with a 10% failure chance, there is a 49% destruction chance.

Destruction chance is solely based on moon size. This will need to be tweaked too. A 9800 moon should have about 80% chance to destroy the fleet. Which means that in the case the fleet falls into the 10% chance, then it will most probably be destroyed too. At 9900 we can have 90% chance. At 9700 70%. Something along these lines.

The objective is to make it a risky operation where every destruction assault will be an agonizing moment for all involved parties. Destructed fleets will generate a debris equal to 70% at all cases.

6.Other Details
-Battle Engine 2.1
Hands down. The very best engine we currently have.
-ACS Attack + ACS Defend
No comments.
-Planet size cap up to 500 fields. A minimum of 180. This will make planet exploration more important and will add an extra obstacle to newcomers (sorry mates).

7.Plus Options
We will use some ideas from Generals which are very important to ensure that no one buys his top position. The plus options will be mostly destined to help new players close the gap to the older players which is similar to what currently happens. The real difference will be that the gap closers will be sightly more significant.

Chapter 3: New features

1.Redesigned Expeditions
Completely new system for expeditions. Players will be able to discover rubies on Expeditions.

2.More trading options
-Resource trading market
-Ships for rubies market
-Resources for rubies market

3.Guild Diplomacy system
All wars will be scripted

4.Better communication tools
-For guilds
-For players
-Better Friendlist

Chapter 4: Game Design

1.Improved Design
-More Eye Candy
-More minimalistic
-Better menus
-More touch friendly
-Improved mobile version
-Improved Player profile

2.More responsive system
-Less refreshes needed (ie shipyard issues)
-Instant notifications (pop up windows bottom right)
-More

Not all details are published here. Feel free to add your comments. Remeber again, these are ideas.

Finally, I want to apologize for all typos,gramar mistakes as I had no time to run through again and correct these.

Re: New Universe Details

I'm thrilled to see ideas for the new universe being announced!

However, I really think that the 30% df generation should be reconsidered. That is really low. It's going to make fleeting much less interesting and profitable and not as viable as other sorts of gameplay. The 1% per month of account life increase still means maximum at the end of the first year will be a mere 42%. I understand the cheating concerns, but I would be really disappointed to see such low df generation. Even now, df only allows rebuilding a small portion of a fleet (generally far less than half because of deut lost). It is true that this will make it harder to build fleets on gifted fleets alone, but it will also make it harder to fleet profitably and will significantly affect gameplay, in my opinion, probably decreasing the prevalence of certain aspects of PvP.

I would like to see this particular point reconsidered and hope df generation is maintained at a minimum of the levels it is currently at in the other universes.

I think the reason for the regeneration level is make it more difficult to build gargantuan fleets so easily. Otherwise right from the outset you will have fleet builders creating a those with, those without situation. Perhaps it's there to prevent players that have fleets of such a magnitude ruling the roost as is clear in other servers right now.

I understand the sentiment, but I do not think reduced df generation is the way to do it. This has the added affect of making fleeting a far less viable form of gameplay, far decreasing the pool of resources available from it, and making it so that it may not be worth it for a smaller player who cannot do a hit cleanly to do it all. I can only speak for myself, but I would be extremrly disappointed if df generation was not reconsidered before the release of the new universe.

I also have concerns about the absence of the milking rule and the 5x protection carried through out. I am worried that with no milking rule there may be more unforeseen issues than you realize, and that though few players will intentionally violate it by creating extra accounts or getting friends to create accounts just to send them resources, those who do will ultimately win. I am also worried that 5x protection carried throughout will practically eliminate PvP if the player base is not extremely large. I think protection should be present for new players, but probably needs to have some sort of end point.

The exclusion of the milking rule encouraging multi play? If players feel the need to multi play, they will do so whether there is a milking rule or not. Rather than have a rule that is so abused, not policed, do away with it. Gone completely.

The whole point of these exclusions/inclusions it to make the game a more level playing field. Look back through old posts, see how many players wanted to reset servers, wanted a new server so everybody could start afresh, see how many wanted a finite life server. These points raised by Zorg will encourage a more level playing field. Ultimately what the majority of posters seemed to want.

While I like many of the key points the DF reduction is a bit steep as it does boost the value of raiding resources it greatly hurts the fleeter as it stands you are receiving only the % of the metal and crystal spent into ships. Deut is complete gone. Ontop of that 1% per month means it takes 5 years to get it back to normal on this server assuming you never get crashed (A bit much).
Don't approve of the no milking rule, just needs a little revision not deletion, players looking down on one another doesn't really apply all that much pressure to stop doing anything.
Other than that looks good.

I like everything about it. It all seems to make sense. It would be very appealing to most of the players who, for whatever reason cannot fleet all the time. Also, for the majority of players who wanted to start from scratch, have a level playing field. Obviously, there will be higher ranked players, dependent on how much real life money they spend, how much time they put in. But overall, I think that this would go a long way towards the "fairness" that was being cried out for.