Re: Fleet Points Visible All The Time

This is better. More balanced.

I haven't added things up, nor will I, but at least we are no getting two sides to this. I feel that this is tipping, so far, towards the status quo.

All involved have their own views, a vested interest in what they want. Sprog has pointed in the direction of things staying the same, however, the fact that certain "super newbs" stand to lose out I think is a big issue. Again, I think it was Sprog who mentioned in an earlier post something that would render this discussion moot. A time period, after this time, you are not a newb anymore. Regardless of fleet score. Is this then the way forward?

Count my vote against fleetpoints showing.
One of the biggest gamplay factors to this whole thing is that you have to pay attention to your fleet.

I'm against the overall notion, that if i cannot obide by the rules, change the rules...

A game evolving over time is fine with me, referring to the days gone by, doesn't always help to plot a future.
But staying true to a certain core valueset I believe is a must! Fleetsaving is one of those key features, defining the gameplay. It sometimes bites me in the butt too, but then again ...hey, **** happens ...

and if we do change to showing fleetpoints all the time, then please show me also where the fleet is located at point of count, i do get so tired of looking for em, that i believe i'm putting too much effort into it, would cost less effort to change this simple rule... ;-)

mightyoz wrote:Another against fleet points showing. I can see which side is tipping the balance now.

Incidentally, who was asking for changes to the rules? I must be missing it in this discussion, where did you see it?
the unwritten rule of having your *** off the ground at server count...
the also unwritten rule of getting your **** jacked up, if you mess up your FS timing, because off sitting in traffic and no internet...or power went out, mom forgot to cook dinner, pigeons returned at sunset, flood came early...

errr...or i just mistakenly thought i would be home at 18:00 and wasn't...or i though i set it to return at 18:16 and it was 17:14...
and I'm not saying it never happens to me, cause i do slip up...
all part of the game-routine in my eyes

Of course it is. There are some great excuses out there. As you say, we all do it at some point.

The point I was questioning is in your statement is all, you said "I'm against the overall notion, that if i cannot obide by the rules, change the rules..."

I was just wondering who was putting this notion forward, I cannot find this anywhere.

mightyoz wrote:Of course it is. There are some great excuses out there. As you say, we all do it at some point.

The point I was questioning is in your statement is all, you said "I'm against the overall notion, that if i cannot obide by the rules, change the rules..."

I was just wondering who was putting this notion forward, I cannot find this anywhere.
Subject: Fleet Points Visible All The Time

you are looking way too deep, looking for the meaning...
nowhere is what i said, written as a rule.

but we all know that as a rule we FS in time and be back behind the keyboard when ships return
(which is not a rule as it is not written down, so it is just good survival tactics)

so what i meant in general was the following
(and i feel in this game i feel the need to stress the fact that i most certainly am not pointing my finger at anyone in particular, so if you feel like i am, it's your problem, cause i especially didn't mean you!)

what do i do, if i'm lazy and don't wanna be bothered by attacks and still leave fleet down...?
I ask if the gamerules can be changed --> what that i mean, the way the game is played, programming lines, the gamestyle itself...rules in the manner of the software physics of a numberschange because of fleet down, change the pc-program-processing-rule where it doesn't show at all whatsoever or the other selection...just all at all the time

I am not looking for any deep meanings, suggesting that you are some sort of soothsayer, that the meaning of life lies buried in your posts. We all know the answer is 42. I read the post that you authored. The line stuck out. It seemed like you were trying to suggest that there is an agenda, that being to have rules changed. If this is not the case, then I have misread it.

I thought that there was, somewhere in the forums, a suggestion that rules should be changed. I would liked to have seen it if that had been the case, if indeed that had been stated and I had missed it, that was MY point.

shoot!
I'm one year off of being the answer to everything, i didn't see that coming!

Nope, not trying to suggest an agenda.
And also, oops! Now iunderstand your point better than before the first posting of my comments!
Suggestion of rulechanges have been made in the forums in the past, but I'm not aware of any, relating to the fleetcount issue, no...