Re: Fleet Points Visible All The Time

Marius wrote:I suggest Fleet Points be visible even if they are in the air.
I think all servers should do this. I play in Speed, Xtreme and Massacre.

I suggested this a long time ago, I still agree with this. Fleeters would argue that this would affect their game. But it would stop some players keeping inside newb protection when evidently they are not newbs. Also it makes it an even playing field. We can all see everything.

Strongly disagree... As a fleeter, tracking fleet points is a huge part of how I play the game; both by spotting unattended fleets and by tracking smaller movements. Taking it away would be devastating. There is also a further strategic element involved in hiding one's fleet points at update or one's true fleet size which I would hate to see eliminated. For me, this would be a drastic change that would make the game far less enjoyable.

May I suggest the following then:

Run a cron job that would randomize the time of the update, instead of having it the same all the time. Would make the game more interesting, no?

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

MegaMedes wrote:May I suggest the following then:

Run a cron job that would randomize the time of the update, instead of having it the same all the time. Would make the game more interesting, no?

If you did not know when the update was coming, your fleet points would be then would it not be just as easy to show this all the time?

Pulsar wrote:Strongly disagree... As a fleeter, tracking fleet points is a huge part of how I play the game; both by spotting unattended fleets and by tracking smaller movements. Taking it away would be devastating. There is also a further strategic element involved in hiding one's fleet points at update or one's true fleet size which I would hate to see eliminated. For me, this would be a drastic change that would make the game far less enjoyable.

Now I know we have discussed this before. Pulsar's answer is the same as she gave last time. I think that the result last time was about even as to the fors and againsts.

I thought this topic looked familiar.